Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I had been wanting a better pair of sunglasses for a long while. I was keeping an eye on a few oakley pairs on CRC and found these for under 60quid:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/oakley-sliver-sunglasses/rp-prod147224

They're very casual looking, so you don't look like an alien when wearing them, and they'd be fine for not on the bike wearing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I had been wanting a better pair of sunglasses for a long while. I was keeping an eye on a few oakley pairs on CRC and found these for under 60quid:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/oakley-sliver-sunglasses/rp-prod147224

They're very casual looking, so you don't look like an alien when wearing them, and they'd be fine for not on the bike wearing too.

You're not helping my Oakley addiction...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Something I didn't know existed until the other day - a side loading bottle cage (for the seat tube)

Specialized Zee - worth a try for €6 odd (cyclestore.co.uk)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

I have a Gore 1985 shakedry rain jacket on it's way to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

Derailleur hanger as I had to use the spare one after bending and partly snaping the one on the bike 2 minutes before the club 40k tt a few weeks ago, which made things "interesting"

pair of oakely radar shades, been using cheapo Lidl/halford ones for years without issue apart from lifespan so interesting to see how much better these will be

Canyon ergogel bartape, it got fairly scuffed up in the fall which took out the derailleur hanger. Wouldn't mind but the bike was leaning against the car when it fell.

• Advertisement

Crocked wrote: »
    Derailleur hanger as I had to use the spare one after bending and partly snaping the one on the bike 2 minutes before the club 40k tt a few weeks ago, which made things "interesting"

pair of oakely radar shades, been using cheapo Lidl/halford ones for years without issue apart from lifespan so interesting to see how much better these will be

Canyon ergogel bartape, it got fairly scuffed up in the fall which took out the derailleur hanger. Wouldn't mind but the bike was leaning against the car when it fell.

I have a pair of Oakley Batwolf glasses that have been all over the place with me (don't use 'em for cycling mind) I have them since 2011 and they still look like they just came out of the box. I've not been overly careful with them either

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ximo

A derailleur hanger, after 1 months waiting for it to be in stock :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭Plastik

Hard to remember sometimes what's in the post. Anyone else like that? Package landed today and I couldn't remember what was due. Turned out to be a 36h Miche hub that Bogdan from Bucharest had posted to me. What else. WheelsMFG BB30-Campag adaptor. Pair of Athena skeleton brakes. CAAD10 headset. Carbon seat post. Bartape. Chainring bolts. Campag cable kit. Been a busy week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

Castelli Endurance X2 Bib Shorts
    dhb Classic Windproof Jacket
    Camelbak Podium 710ml Water Bottle
    Craft Cool Mesh Superlight Base Layer

Some new clobber for the Leinster Loop

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭devonp

Craft Verve rain jacket M
    from Rose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just ordered a chain cleaner. After upgrading to a road bike from a single speed I reckon I need to take better care of it! This should help the drivetrain a bit at least.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/park-tool-cyclone-chain-scrubber-cm5-2/rp-prod8207

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

New pair of shimano SPD shoes for commuting. Old ones are over 5 years plus and must have done close to 30,000k in commuting and winter spins.

Pinch Flat junior's bike needs new handlebar grips, so got him a funky pair as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

Crocked wrote: »

Jaysis Canyon can't even get simple stuff right. They've sent the wrong shades. The ones I ordered are now showing out of stock, so looks like they just chucked a different pair in the box, cause, **** it.

More Ultegra bits arriving.

All I need now is Levers which seem to be the most expensive piece of my puzzle. After that all I need is new gear cables and then I can get fitting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Topsport Vlaaaaanderen socks to match my jersey and cap, becoming a real Fred! (total cost new genuine Vermarc gear less than €25 - last years model is great)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭dahat

105 crankset, 52 36
    105 chain
    2 bottles
    Fakleys
    Chej jersey seen here.

Nothing fancy but needed all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Castelli Nano Light Pro Shorts - half price from Merlin Cycles at 62 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hungry4k

Lollipop where are you getting all this cheap ultegra? I need the same!

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

dahat wrote: »
    105 crankset, 52 36
    105 chain
    2 bottles
    Fakleys
    Chej jersey seen here.

Nothing fancy but needed all the same.

Where is good for Fakelys? Bought the real deal and lost them. Still not over the loss

• Advertisement

hungry4k wrote: »
    Lollipop where are you getting all this cheap ultegra? I need the same!

thanks

Brakes, crankset and both mechs were bought on the adverts here. Cassette, chain and BB were picked up on CRC ages back during a sale.

There's a near complete groupset on the the cycling ads now for 300

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Sportful fiandre gilet and High5 selection box from Wiggle and Keo blade pedals, k-edge Gopro garmin outfront mount, Exalith brake pads from bike24 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

From wiggle, some Michelin Pro 4 Endurance tyres and High5.

From Amazon a pair of Baleaf cycle shorts for casual cycles with the kids rather than putting bib shorts on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭plodder

1 euro = 93 p today.

I guess Brexit isn't all bad ... for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

plodder wrote: »
    1 euro = 93 p today.
    I guess Brexit isn't all bad ... for now.

I wouldn't expect to see any change on CRC.. Unless you order to a UK address and pay in Euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,051 ✭✭✭✭neris

a matching jersey and shorts from ebay, have a feeling theyre gona be rubbish and end up in the bottom of my drawer by end of next week

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

Cruds from wiggle and a dhb cap to take it over free postage threshold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

neris wrote: »
    a matching jersey and shorts from ebay, have a feeling theyre gona be rubbish and end up in the bottom of my drawer by end of next week
    Dunno... Could be good. I got Suarez bib shorts from eBay last summer and they're really good. Very comfortable for long spins. Did GDBR in them last year and they were ideal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Castelli Passo Giau Jacket (for €15 based on my Casteli Cafe discounts!)

Garmin Fenix 3. Dont know why but looks fancy!

• Advertisement

Matching jerseys for herself and me, next sportive in a few weeks and I'm told "it's important we match this time" /sigh

They better be nice ones as I wasn't even consulted in the ordering or selection.

Advertisement