Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Carnac/ PlanetX enduro helmet - definitely overkill for what I'll be using it for, but needed a new mtb helmet as hoping to get out on the trails the next couple of months, and £15 + delivery/ addresspal it suited the budget.

Mistral Bib Tights from Galibier. Not sure whether they're a bargain until I try them (hence not in the bargain alerts thread), but a nice discount for existing customers, and again I needed new winter tights and comes in cheaper than the club option and I do love the galibier shorts I got earlier in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Kona Paddy Wagon

Case of fix up the 10 year old commuter V get something hassle free.. looking forward to trying out the fixed option although i'd say I'll revert to singlespeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Two latex tubes and a balaclava.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Two latex tubes and a balaclava.

Sounds like fun.

Not sure you have the right forum though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gwildor

Ergon GP4 grips.

Trying to sort out a bit of wrist pain on the long commutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭Macy0161

New shorter stem for the commuter, along with the realisation that my flexibility hasn't really improved since the last commuting spell, so n+1 probably won't be race geometry!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Its just a fancy zip lock bag with a hole to tie a string to, but it looks to be a heavy grade of plastic, for 99p its worth a punt (no pun intended). Its just for my phone and key during the winter.

99p Water Prooof bag from eBay
    I just bought the Samsung Galaxy S8+ so no longer need a waterproof bag... although the 99p bag would have saved me quite a few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Look Keo Max 2 Blades for my Genesis Volare plus a bottle cage that matches the colour scheme. Lush :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

My Mercian hand built frame ordered last January. Finally ready and on its way. Reynolds 725 tubing in "British Racing Green" of course

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    My Mercian hand built frame ordered last January. Finally ready and on its way. Reynolds 725 tubing in "British Racing Green" of course

That's so lead time. Is that the norm is were there problem with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Bought a mountain bike on a whim. Building up the courage to tell the wife.

Dhl says it’ll arrive on Monday

Trekker09 wrote: »
    Look Keo Max 2 Blades for my Genesis Volare plus a bottle cage that matches the colour scheme. Lush :-)

:eek:

Pics or GTFO

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    :eek:

Pics or GTFO

:D:D

Heading on on my first spin in the morning on her :cool:

:D:D

Heading on on my first spin in the morning on her :cool:

Sweet.:cool: Has to be one of the finest framesets out there. What year, whats the build?

Got one myself, still waiting to build it up.

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    Sweet.:cool: Have to be one of the finest frame sets out there. What year, whats the build?

Got one myself, still waiting to build it up.

It's the 853 with the green/black/yellow colour scheme, was bought in 2015. It's 10 speed 105 with Aksium wheels. I bought it on Adverts last week, slight bit of a dent on the frame but amazing value at 250 beer tokens!! Originally planned to have it as a winter bike but will see how it goes and would plan on upgrading GS and wheels in spring.

Whats yours? I'm in lust with these frames! Think this is going to be long lasting relationship :D

It's the 853 with the green/black/yellow colour scheme, was bought in 2015. It's 10 speed 105 with Aksium wheels. I bought it on Adverts last week, slight bit of a dent on the frame but amazing value at 250 beer tokens!! Originally planned to have it as a winter bike but will see how it goes and would plan on upgrading GS and wheels in spring.

Whats yours? I'm in lust with these frames! Think this is going to be long lasting relationship :D

Noice. They are superb value - no different than others like Firefly & Ritte at 3 times the price. 250 is a steal.

Its a 931, got it from one of the lads on Boards Adverts. Its a slow work in progress. Its gonna break the internet when its finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    That's so lead time. Is that the norm is were there problem with it?

no problem with it at all. They are obviously busy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Socks, lots of socks...

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

New chains for both bikes and some cleaning stuff as well for winter grime etc

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭victor201

Shimano r8050 di2 groupset

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭f1000

Brake pads. 3x double sets of Shimano R55C4's from Merlin, €29,24 inc. delivery. Getting set for winter ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Briko Gass aero helmet. I’ve been hmmming and hawing over it since I first seen it on Cav last year and finally decided I was worth the €150 price tag. It’ll fit in nicely with my other 5 helmets :rollseyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Kryptonite Evolution Mini 7 - €40 from CRC

LBSs (Pearse Street) €79

One of them selling the New York Lock for €150! CRAY-ZAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Cinelli Neo Morphe handlebars. I really like these, despite/because of their unusual shape.

My old pair got dragged (with the bike) behind the car on Friday night, when the ball hitch bike-rack came loose/off. Destroyed. Sadly, a new pair is the bones of 200 euros...but it could have been much worse. Really hard to find online - only Ribble had them in stock.

For the same reason, a new pair of SPD pedals. The old ones are lovely pedals - shame that one of them is ground down to the bearing, courtesy of the M6 motorway grinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

I have a set of these coming on the slow boat from China. They'll save me swapping back and forth between look & flat pedals all the time.

HTB1N271grsTMeJjSszdq6AEupXaM.jpg?size=179030&height=959&width=790&hash=c8dac86a58d9d32fc575991d8efbde75

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

balaclavas for my nearly 2 year old son to keep him warmish on the bike to and from creche!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭koutoubia

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Ultralight-78g-Road-Bike-Bicycle-Hub-28H-Silver-bk-end-cap-for-front-Wheel/132341156633?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

A Front hub for a wheel build. Rim is in the bike shop waiting for it.
    Looks like its gonna take the full month to arrive.
    Patience is not one of my virtues!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Finally bought a Bike maintenance stand.

Was waiting for the 30e Aldi one to come around but from the baragin alert thread, i saw Rutland Cycles were having a sale so bought one for £35

https://www.rutlandcycling.com/accessories/repair-stands/ultimate-hardware-folding-bike-maintenance-workstand--orange_236747

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

dhb Roubaix bib tights. Dug out my winter kit yesterday and some of it is looking a bit tatty so time for new ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

Garmin vector 3's pre order....due to be shipped on 16/11 :-)

Advertisement