Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Nothing

Can't believe it but nothing ....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Bolle 6th Sense glasses. -00-

• Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭dahat

RobFowl wrote: »
    Nothing

Can't believe it but nothing ....

Same here, CI fees and Club fees due this month with some payments onto my new wheels means a very bleak few weeks ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I finally took the plunge and bought a CO2 inflator and 10 16g cylinders. I also bought a pair of Michelin Power Competition 25 tyres - I've been using these on the 'good' bike for the last year and only had one puncture over 4,000km. Really nice tyres.

I also have a pair of Endura FS260 Pro shorts on the way that were on offer at a reduced price on CRC yesterday.

One Shimano 105 chain, one Dura Ace chain, 2 sets of Swissstop brake pads and a pair of Michelin Pro4 Endurance tyres arrived this morning from CRC that were ordered on Wednesday afternoon - seriously quick standard delivery.

Hopefully, that's my maintenance items sorted for the next 12 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 kevingonewest

Stuff from China & ebay, got an excellent rear pannier rack off aliexpress a few months back & emboldened to buy bibshort, 1200 lumen frontlight, goggles set from same, a 5-7 week wait but price vg; helmet is a new Lazer at half rrp that I have a slight worry over just because awareness of cowboys reselling Chinese fakes (the double cowboy manoeuvre)  as real thing (last thing I want in a helmet).

Stuff from China & ebay, got an excellent rear pannier rack off aliexpress a few months back & emboldened to buy bibshort, 1200 lumen frontlight, goggles set from same, a 5-7 week wait but price vg; helmet is a new Lazer at half rrp that I have a slight worry over just because awareness of cowboys reselling Chinese fakes (the double cowboy manoeuvre)  as real thing (last thing I want in a helmet).

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if your buying the helmet from AliExpress you can be guaranteed that it’s not genuine.

Sorry, didn't make it clear (one bottle down here) helmet from a UK ebayer, a shop apparently but am growing more wary/cynical with each passing month. If it turns out dubious I will contact Lazer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Probikekit had laser helmets before Christmas ...top notch top discount ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Sorry, didn't make it clear (one bottle down here) helmet from a UK ebayer, a shop apparently but am growing more wary/cynical with each passing month. If it turns out dubious I will contact Lazer.

Yes, its wise to be aware of those eBay sellers that Chinese sellers or UK based sellers which are actually drop shippers – taking the order, but the goods are diapactched from China.

By the way, I assume the 1200 lumen front light is for off road. Not legal on the road. If you use it on the road, you are creating a hazard (blinding) for other road users

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭cython

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Yes, its wise to be aware of those eBay sellers that Chinese sellers or UK based sellers which are actually drop shippers – taking the order, but the goods are diapactched from China.

By the way, I assume the 1200 lumen front light is for off road. Not legal on the road. If you use it on the road, you are creating a hazard (blinding) for other road users

In and of itself, 1200 lumens is not illegal on the road, so please don't spread misinformation. Cateye Volt 1200 presents illumination per the below image, so 1200 lumens appropriate focussed is not inherently a problem. I will grant you that a Chinese CREE light is unlikely to meet this criterion, but again, that's not solely a function of the light output.

201704.jpg

cython wrote: »
    In and of itself, 1200 lumens is not illegal on the road, so please don't spread misinformation. Cateye Volt 1200 presents illumination per the below image, so 1200 lumens appropriate focussed is not inherently a problem. I will grant you that a Chinese CREE light is unlikely to meet this criterium, but again, that's not solely a function of the light output.

201704.jpg

In itself, those 1200 lumen lights from China are illegal and dangerous to use on the road and my post referred to those. How anyone needs a 1200 lumen on the road mystifies me! I encounter them at Lamb Doyle’s and surrounding areas many nights and it’s no fun on any driver – and I am looking out for cyclists. Many are not. Those lights are probably misrepresented at 1200 lumen. Most are not but all are piercing,narrow focussed beams.
    Bring any 1200 lumen light to An garda Siochana and ask them what their view on its suitability for the road is.
    I am sure there is a thread for this and it was not my intention to start a discussion on them all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Giessege redoute bib tights ordered last night from prendas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Not sure in the post yet, but pulled the trigger on a Mistral jacket, firefeet socks and barrier gloves from Galibier yesterday.

Definitely in the post, 2 Conti gp4000 sii's from Ribble.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

godtabh wrote: »
    Hopeully, a ROSE XEON CDX Ultegra 6800 Di2 if my credit card doesnt melt

Rose messed me about with this. It’s in line available. Put an order in. Accepted then cancelled as their is no stock.

Contact Rose. They say no stock for 4 weeks. I say that’s grand and order again. Cancelled again.

Going for a Cannondale Syapse 105 Disc with FSA PowerBox instead. Should be with the LBS in 3/4 days.

Will strip and old Bike of Di2 and upgrade the Synapse. The old Bike will then be the winter Bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭pedro_colnago

Finally took the new winter bike on her maiden voyage today, got it from bunny hop.de it's a cannondale optimo 105 with discs and a fabric saddle that will take a bit of getting used to. Other than that it's great

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭pedro_colnago

This is it before the rain and mud attack it

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Get In There

moonboy52 wrote: »

The padding looks interesting. Let us know how it fares. Perhaps in the ali express cycling thread if you can?

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Get In There

Finally took the new winter bike on her maiden voyage today, got it from bunny hop.de it's a cannondale optimo 105 with discs and a fabric saddle that will take a bit of getting used to. Other than that it's great

Had a look. Seems like a great price. Am tempted to pick up one myself. How does it weigh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

The padding looks interesting. Let us know how it fares. Perhaps in the ali express cycling thread if you can?

Will do man.

Ordered Tuesday, just delivered Brooks Swift, black with copper rivets. It is my first non-plastic and it is an impressive product, including the packaging, plus seat cover, leather cream, booklet. CRC had great price e108 & am happy to get in so quick on freepost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

A Garmin Varia ut800 front light, fabric tool keg and a tube of park tool anti seize. Problem is morons in Fastway couriers says it was delivered today but it wasn't. They can't provide me with proof of delivery and sender won't resend or refund until the courier returns it to them. So PayPal claim gone in.

Elite crono fluid trainer (NOS)

I sold a Crono mag trainer last year due to lack of use, don’t know if this will get any more use but it was cheap and I can sell it in if need be (hopefully not)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Flaccus wrote:
    A Garmin Varia ut800 front light, fabric tool keg and a tube of park tool anti seize. Problem is morons in Fastway couriers says it was delivered today but it wasn't. They can't provide me with proof of delivery and sender won't resend or refund until the courier returns it to them. So PayPal claim gone in.
    Fastway are a disaster. I assume you've tried random places around the garden? Although we've had them literally just throw it over the gate!

Gorier problem? Yep that's their MO alright, find a location that suits their schedule and foist your parcel on that person, they usually leave an unrepliable voicemail to cover themselves. I have several examples for the various companies, one DPD gorier when confronted with my viewpoint that he needed to actually deliver to my address and refused told me to take my complaint to his boss who would back him 100%. I don't know if there is a reputable courier service in Ireland?

^^^^An Post seem to be winning back a lot of home delivery business, but unfortunately, it’s generally the sellers choice on who they use for shipping!

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Flaccus wrote:
    Fastway are a disaster. I assume you've tried random places around the garden? Although we've had them literally just throw it over the gate!

Yeah, checked everywhere. Seller in Dublin got onto me. They got the no of the Fastway driver who supposedly delivered it. No reply from call or text. Seller is insisting they need goods back before refund. Don't see how this will happen if tracking online shows delivery made and signed for in 'SouthWest' which I am guessing is the Limerick depot going by that's their email. Plus no one is answering the phone on the courier end. I've emailed their customer service too. No reply. So hopefully PayPal will refund.

Flaccus wrote: »
    Macy0161 wrote: »
    Flaccus wrote:

Yeah, checked everywhere. Seller in Dublin got onto me. They got the no of the Fastway driver who supposedly delivered it. No reply from call or text. Seller is insisting they need goods back before refund. Don't see how this will happen if tracking online shows delivery made and signed for in 'SouthWest' which I am guessing is the Limerick depot going by that's their email. Plus no one is answering the phone on the courier end. I've emailed their customer service too. No reply. So hopefully PayPal will refund.

The Fastway guy showed up at 9am this morn. Guess he was sick of me texting him about where my stuff was. Lesson learned. Will avoid places that use these mopes from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭victor201

Rapha lightweight jersey half price in sale ðŸ˜

Advertisement