Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

The difference in frame weight between ultimate SL and SLX is about the same as having or not having a phone in your pocket
    Less than 200 grams.

The SLX may be slightly stiffer than the SL but I can't see that being an issue unless you are putting out enough watts that a team will want to hire you and pay for your bikes anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tomred1N

tuxy wrote: »
    The difference in frame weight between ultimate SL and SLX is about the same as having or not having a phone in your pocket
    Less than 200 grams.

The SLX may be slightly stiffer than the SL but I can't see that being an issue unless you are putting out enough watts that a team will want to hire you and pay for your bikes anyway.

No idea what a watt is 😀, my first bike ( since confirmation ! ) so gone way over budget already but F**k me when I tried the Ultimate SLX I just instantly made my mind up after first climb. I took two minutes off my loan bike over a nice 1.5 mile climb with less effort. When you put a bit of effort in the response is like turbo in a car 😀 . Main interest in bikes is climbing so all reviews seem to point at canyon ultimates to be as good as you’ll get .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

485478.jpg

This is currently on the way to me. Also some shirts and stuff from Decathlon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭joey100

New Dura ace mechanical groupset. Supacaz bar tape with a little Celeste and supacaz top tube cap on Celeste. All to go on new to me black bianchi oltre xr4.

And a nice le col jersey bought using the recent Strava code for £50 off, although I do think they upped their delivery costs!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Gilles Berthoud Aspin saddle, steel rails, natural. SpaCycles.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

....and fitted,

Did a Brooks Swift, hammocked to a degree, Cambium C17, too unforgiving without padded shorts, etc etc.
    This better be IT :mad::mad::mad:
    bJyEZW1l.jpg
    U6YqyUql.jpg
    aH265ebl.jpg
    89uh96Dl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

New rear wheel with internal sturmey archer hub. 5 speed with drum brake.
    I've been wanting to get rid of derailleurs etc for my everyday bike for a long time. Save a bit if hassle cleaning drive chains and changing brake pads.

From Practical cycles in UK. Tried to get it done locally but after waiting for over 2 months gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Specialized S-Works crux frame, praxis carbon crank, specialized sl stem and bars, Shimano grx 600 shifters and brakes. Shimano grx 810 rear mech.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Planet X wrote: »
    ....and fitted,

Did a Brooks Swift, hammocked to a degree, Cambium C17, too unforgiving without padded shorts, etc etc.
    This better be IT :mad::mad::mad:

I've used an Aspin with the central cutout for a few years and really like it. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

More Galibier stuff - a gilet and rain jacket. Really love that brand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Quite a few bits indeed but I had curtailed my spending somewhat.

KMC DLC chain (got at cost through my lbs in return for a favour)
    R8000 cassette (Likely my last purchase from chain reaction, didn't realise they switched from An Post to Fastway - I like my bits to arrive in one piece)
    2x Conti GP4000's - got at a price so didn't go for the 5000's and by all accounts people are saying the 4000's are better
    Box of tubes
    Bar Tape. I had bar tape at home but the box fell into a basin of water and sat in the basin for days.

Also just got a gift of a Mavic Cosmic Pro Helmet.

Sigh... I miss being able to buy lunch but all of the above was needed, tyres are down to nothing, chain is worn and I've no tubes left.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

2x Conti GP4000's - got at a price so didn't go for the 5000's and by all accounts people are saying the 4000's are better

Where did you get the 4000s, I was cash poor when places were selling off their last stock so if I can find a supplier it would be great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,418 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

here Cram, i'll sell you some lightly used 4000s...

CramCycle wrote: »
    Where did you get the 4000s, I was cash poor when places were selling off their last stock so if I can find a supplier it would be great.

I got them on ebay last week, 60notes delivered

Are these the same "almost new" ones I sold you over a year ago :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,418 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

now almost almost almost new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Trekker09

New Dura Ace 9100 52/36 chainrings.

Fastway nearly took my door off it's hinges at 7 this morning with my delivery, he banged so loud I actually jumped with fright when I was standing in the kitchen. By the time I got to the front door he was already getting back in his van - I live in a small enough house. So it seems he walked up my driveway, pounded on the door then turned around and walked away. I just caught him, I actually won't buy from CRC while they using Fastway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Fastway nearly took my door off it's hinges at 7 this morning with my delivery, he banged so loud I actually jumped with fright when I was standing in the kitchen. By the time I got to the front door he was already getting back in his van - I live in a small enough house. So it seems he walked up my driveway, pounded on the door then turned around and walked away. I just caught him, I actually won't buy from CRC while they using Fastway.

At least he got out of the van. I've had them pull up to the house, I wave from the window and by the time I've got to the front door he's turned and gone. Email later saying 'we tried to deliver but there was no one home'. I avoid them like the plague

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭paddydriver

I've got 3 x 4000's too but are 23's - I'm never going back to 23's so won't ever use. 2 x are slightly used (Bike is on a Tacx now) and have 1 brand new in a box. If interested in the 23's then PM me as happy to let them go for any aul token gesture.

• Advertisement

My package from UPS tracking details:

In Transit
    22/01/2020 7:41
    Dublin, Ireland
    We've incorrectly sorted this package which may cause a delay.

22/01/2020 0:43
    Koeln, Germany
    Arrival Scan

21/01/2020 23:03
    Dublin, Ireland
    Destination Scan

21/01/2020 22:30
    Dublin, Ireland
    Arrival Scan

21/01/2020 19:00
    Cork, Ireland
    Departure Scan

21/01/2020 11:23
    Cork, Ireland
    We've corrected the flat number, and the package is on its way to the updated address.

21/01/2020 9:34
    Cork, Ireland
    We've incorrectly sorted this package which may cause a delay.

21/01/2020 8:30
    Cork, Ireland
    Arrival Scan

21/01/2020 6:23
    Shannon, Ireland
    Departure Scan

21/01/2020 5:55
    Shannon, Ireland
    Arrival Scan

21/01/2020 5:20
    Dublin, Ireland
    Departure Scan

21/01/2020 4:37
    Dublin, Ireland
    Arrival Scan

21/01/2020 4:30
    Koeln, Germany
    Departure Scan

20/01/2020 22:25
    Castle Donington, United Kingdom
    Departure Scan

20/01/2020 20:45
    Castle Donington, United Kingdom
    Arrival Scan

20/01/2020 19:25
    North Rode, United Kingdom
    Departure Scan

20/01/2020 19:05
    Origin Scan
    Past Event

Shipped
    20/01/2020 17:03
    Collection Scan
    Past Event

Label Created
    20/01/2020 16:24
    United Kingdom
    Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I've got 3 x 4000's too but are 23's - I'm never going back to 23's so won't ever use. 2 x are slightly used (Bike is on a Tacx now) and have 1 brand new in a box. If interested in the 23's then PM me as happy to let them go for any aul token gesture.

I'd take them for my track bike as the 25s don't clear the frame, drop me a PM with a price if your around Dublin and we can see if it works out.

Trekker09 wrote: »
    My package from UPS tracking details:
    it's a good thing cycling is so environmentally friendly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

It got from Germany to Ireland in 7 mins too. Amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Galibier order from yesterday, Mistral jacket, overshoes & Izoard gilet.

Weepsie wrote: »
    It got from Germany to Ireland in 7 mins too. Amazing

Well they are DA9100!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Thanks to the bargain megatheead, I've bought a Galibier jacket I dont need lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

wheelo01 wrote: »

+1 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

wheelo01 wrote: »

I was so so close also but I’ve 4 gabbas/perfettos and no amount of trying to convince myself I need another foul
    weather jersey would work so passed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭JMcL

+1 :p

+2

....and a DHB Aeron Waterproof jacket just to add to that tally. Though with the miserableness of the fog at 7:30 this morning, I would have happily had either!

Advertisement