Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

cletus wrote: »
    Do you know what's not in the post? All the stuff above, because despite ordering it last week, Merlin still haven't shipped, the order is still "in picking"

Have to say I always find Merlin really quick to dispatch. It's their carrier that I've had issues with in the past. Maybe give them a call, their team are very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

Have to say I always find Merlin really quick to dispatch. It's their carrier that I've had issues with in the past. Maybe give them a call, their team are very helpful.

Emailed them on Friday evening. As it turns out, I got an email about 10 minutes after I posted here to say my order had been dispatched.

Are they very slow to deliver? I'm away next week, and I was hoping to have the stuff before I left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

cletus wrote: »
    Are they very slow to deliver?

They'll give you a tracking number so you can follow it. They use Trackpac and I think they wait until they have a pallet load before sending to Ireland so sometimes sits with them for a couple of days. The local courier company changes though and can be quite frustrating. GLS sat on my package in Dublin for 10 days then sent it back without attempting delivery. The last one I got from Merlin was via Fastway who delivered it the day after it hit Dublin. It's a lucky dip!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Treated myself to these after I finally killed my £5 ones with sweat. Got an extra 20% off on the day too.

https://www.probikekit.co.uk/cycling-accessories-nc/aftershokz-trekz-titanium-bone-conduction-headphones-slate/11262324.html

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Treated myself to these after I finally killed my £5 ones with sweat. Got an extra 20% off on the day too.

https://www.probikekit.co.uk/cycling-accessories-nc/aftershokz-trekz-titanium-bone-conduction-headphones-slate/11262324.html
    My son bought me the same ones for father's day. They take a bit of getting used to, but I wouldn't go back. You're far more aware of what goes on around you than you'd be with ordinary headphones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

TychoCaine wrote: »
    My son bought me the same ones for father's day. They take a bit of getting used to, but I wouldn't go back. You're far more aware of what goes on around you than you'd be with ordinary headphones.

I nearly bought the swimmers version but the only other human contact I have outside the house is at the pool. I'm antisocial enough without blocking everyone out.

In other miracles, ordered on Thursday, shipped with Hermes on Friday so I expected a Fastway style "you'll get it when you get it" delivery but I got an AnPost track this morning so I should have them for turbo time tomorrow afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

I nearly bought the swimmers version but the only other human contact I have outside the house is at the pool. I'm antisocial enough without blocking everyone out.

In other miracles, ordered on Thursday, shipped with Hermes on Friday so I expected a Fastway style "you'll get it when you get it" delivery but I got an AnPost track this morning so I should have them for turbo time tomorrow afternoon
    I don’t see the point when swimming. Don’t swimmers often wear earplugs to achieve the exact opposite effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

TychoCaine wrote: »
    I don’t see the point when swimming. Don’t swimmers often wear earplugs to achieve the exact opposite effect?

The plugs are usually to stop cold water getting into your ears :) I can;t say I'd be bothered listening to music while swimming though it's the one time I get to switch the brain off.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭pm9999

Garmin Edge 130 from Amazon.uk. On offer @ £99 at the moment. With discount code "GIFT05", change of VAT to Irish rate & free delivery, comes in @ GBP 96.48 delivered. Bargainalicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭joey100

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-rocker-plate

One of these. I use the turbo a lot, all year round too. Be interesting to see what it feels like. Reviews of different rocker plates seems good so hoping this will be the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,729 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Replacement chainrings, 52/36 for €104 delivered, thought that was a decent price from bike discount.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Anyone know the typical shipping time for bike components?

Thanks

CramCycle wrote: »

Thanks

Looks like they no longer supply the tubes I ordered, brand is gone from the website. I sent them a message querying it yesterday as I am happy for other tubes or just take them off the order.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

CramCycle wrote: »

Thanks

Just ordered some bits from them myself, found them good in the past but expecting it to take a couple of weeks this time.

smacl wrote: »
    Just ordered some bits from them myself, found them good in the past but expecting it to take a couple of weeks this time.

Just heard back, yep, they no longer stock what I ordered but the system picked it up as an out of stock rather than never in stock. The stock they had was being returned and it didn't get taken off the site until it was physically been taken off the site, so I just ordered in that narrow window while they were both there and not there. They have offered me equivalents for the same price all of which will be delivered in 3 to 4 days, hooray.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

Rival22 disc brake pads
    Warranty replacement Boa laces.

Was very impressed with the replacement process for the laces, upload a photo of the broken bit and include the brand/item that they were fitted to in the picture, identify the model of boa from a couple of diagrams and they assess the claim.

Took 2 hours on a Saturday to approve and on Sunday I got a mail telling me it had been posted, well that the design had been updated so a matching left/right pair were being sent to me.

20 quid each if I bought them.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

saccades wrote: »

Took 2 hours on a Saturday to approve and on Sunday I got a mail telling me it had been posted, well that the design had been updated so a matching left/right pair were being sent to me..

Some companies just know how to do customer service!!

Someone recently recommended the Spexcel brand of jackets from Aliexpress, so I had to order one, plus a job lot of light scarf/snoods to use as a face covering and to stop the crud spraying up off the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

New handlebar and tape. Thanks to Tony04 for the recommendations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Technically not in the post since it’s just awaiting collection but a Corima disk wheel to replace the 90mm deep one I have already on the spare/tri bike. Only paid 130 quid including a Dura Ace cassette!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I bought 4 pairs of those Vittoria rubino pro's on sale to stash in the cupboard. The wife keeps pilfering my dwindling stores of GP4000SII's for commuting so these might keep her happy and away from them for a season or two!

Threw in a clearance set of Sky (euch) branded gloves while I was at it. -Just black with a blue stripe though so I should get away with them. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭MrMojoRisin'

Pulled the trigger on this new Gios from merlin cycles, I think I fell in love with the picture:

https://www.merlincycles.com/gios-vintage-veloce-road-bike-190945.html

It might be a case of form over function, but I dont care, I'm not a racer :)

merlincycles aren't delivering bikes to Ireland at the moment, so I am getting it sent to parcel motel in the north, hopefully they will post it down to me but at a cost. I'm a bit anxious about that as I could not find out the dimensions of the box it will come in, making me a bit worried parcel motel could return to the seller if its too big / heavy.

Has anyone ever used parcel motel for this before?

This arrived today. If anyone is searching boards looking for other experiences using parcel motel for a full bike - I can only recommend!
    The bike left merlin cycles on Thursday, and parcel motel had it in their depot in Dublin (via Belfast) by Saturday afternoon, if I had been in Dublin over the weekend I would have tried to collect it myself.

It cost 28 euro for the oversize delivery, and then another 7.50 for home delivery. Very happy right now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Gallibier gilet. Finally will see what all the hype is about this magic, must-have piece of clothing. Might even get up extra early to try it out in colder weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

fat bloke wrote: »
    I bought 4 pairs of those Vittoria rubino pro's on sale to stash in the cupboard.

"Just" two pairs arrived today from Wiggle and an Ultegra big ring and a few other bits and pieces due from Bike-Components in a day or two.

One of the bits is a thing called a skid plate and I didn't even know it existed on my bike until it snagged on the chain a few weeks ago. It's a small piece of plastic on the inside of the front derailleur cage (or clanger as it used to be called!) and helps nudge the chain up onto the big ring. Online the price varied from €0.78 to about €4 but with postage/delivery ranging from €9.95 to €30! Naturally I hung on until I needed to buy something more substantial.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

i preparation for the darker evenings, ordered a new seesense front light. also a spare for my seesense rear - lost the rubber seal.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

smacl wrote: »

Stuff just arrived today, so 1 week all in for Bike-Components which is handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

There should be jaws against drink shopping!!
    Galibier mistral pro and mistral foul weather jackets.
    Some scarves/snoods too. Plus we'll see what else turns up ����

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

wheelo01 wrote: »
    There should be jaws against drink shopping!!
    Galibier mistral pro and mistral foul weather jackets.
    Some scarves/snoods too. Plus we'll see what else turns up ����

Well, they are on sale I think. So the more you buy, the more you save....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Some muted pastel style Ali Express cycling jerseys. I could play cricket in them. The other ones I have are mostly from Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Sucked in by another new Galibier launch... Pulled the trigger on the équipe 3/4 lengths. The équipe shorts are my "go to", even above the also excellent elite energie ones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Advertisement