Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Not quite in the post yet but I have a new Sarto Asola frame on order. December can't come quick enough!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

......."Deluxe Home Mechanic Repair Stand 10.2". What!!! (bit of a stretch)

https://www.parktool.com/product/deluxe-home-mechanic-repair-stand-pcs-10-2?category=Portable

....thought they were called bike stands.....not to worry :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

rear derailleur hanger :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

JRC Components out front Garmin mount.
    Morgan blue carbon paste
    Campagnolo BB tool
    Campagnolo Potenza Compact Chainset.
    Campagnolo Chorus Chain
    Headset and wedge seatpost clamp
    Jagwire Brake cables
    Jagwire shifter cables
    Fizik bar tape.

Guess what I'll be doing next weekend! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

Planet X wrote: »
    ......."Deluxe Home Mechanic Repair Stand 10.2". What!!! (bit of a stretch)

https://www.parktool.com/product/deluxe-home-mechanic-repair-stand-pcs-10-2?category=Portable

....thought they were called bike stands.....not to worry :)

How much did it set you back, if you don't mind me asking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

A Garmin Edge 830 (hopefully)! It's been such a comedy of errors dealing with Garmin Product Support. Initially I was told I could get a refurbished Edge 1000 in return for my water damaged one and €195. Then word that they couldn't do this as they no longer make the 1000 but could sell me a new Edge with 30% off the RRP.. Decided on the 830 and it's taken a couple of attempts and emails before the system accepted my order. The damaged unit has gone off in the post to them.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

CramCycle wrote: »
    rear derailleur hanger :(
    Did you come off and damage your current one?

Did you come off and damage your current one?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115048025&postcount=8423

Have a Giro Scamp helmet on it's way for the youngest for Christmas.

My idea of just letting her use her mammy's one was shot down. 2.5 year old and shares the same helmet size range. Would have been miserly tough given the bike she's getting has boomeranged back to us after a few years with other kids in the family in surprisingly good nick.

Also for myself a pair of RT 800 disc rotors. Checked the wear on the current ones this week and they were due a change. Nice visual upgrade too from the current ones.

cletus wrote: »
    How much did it set you back, if you don't mind me asking

About.....€199.49

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

A Garmin Edge 830 (hopefully)! It's been such a comedy of errors dealing with Garmin Product Support. Initially I was told I could get a refurbished Edge 1000 in return for my water damaged one and €195. Then word that they couldn't do this as they no longer make the 1000 but could sell me a new Edge with 30% off the RRP.. Decided on the 830 and it's taken a couple of attempts and emails before the system accepted my order. The damaged unit has gone off in the post to them.

Same same with my edge 1000 (power button collapsed in!). Took the 30% off on a 1030+, more than I wanted to spend but a price not being matched anywhere else. Electronic weirdness getting the exchange order through on my end too. After a few weeks wait got a tracking email this am so fingers X'd.

Nothing so exciting as a new Garmin. A chain keeper, and a master link pliers. Will be interesting to not have to cant the chain links sideways and try to persuade the masterlink with a pair of needle nose pliers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,370 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Madison Avalanche Waterproof Gloves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

A hand pump and tyre levers. Changing tyres, eehhhhhhh. Incidentally, Decathlon have a nice line of new bikes coming soon called Van Rysel.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

A smart turbo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

My first ever pair of cycling trousers. Should keep me out when the serious weather starts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭monty_python

Hi-viz over shoes and winter gloves. Should keep me warm during my commute to work

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gn3dr

Wahoo Kickr Core from Chain Reaction. Taking the plunge on a smart trainer for the first time. Had to get over the mental block of that price for a trainer but if it gets me riding more during the winter it will satisfy the man maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Went mad today. I've 5 different orders coming. A Garmin mount from Cyclesuperstore. 10x80mm tubes from Merlin. A separate order for 38cm bars from Merlin. A stem from Canyon. A stem and tool bottle from Chain Reaction. :rolleyes:
    Mrs also has a new kickr core and an R8000 groupset coming!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

fat bloke wrote: »
    38cm bars from Merlin.

DEDA bars by any chance, I love mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

CramCycle wrote: »
    DEDA bars by any chance, I love mine

No, 3t Ergonova. About 50 quid. I tried superstore to shop local but the bars were 115 there and tubes were 12 quid each as against less than a fiver in Merlin. :(
    What can you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

A pair of 'refurbished' Nalini bib shorts!
    Bought a pair of shorts a few years ago to match my favourite Caisse d'Epargne jersey. It looked and fitted well but a J cloth would have given more protection than the fitted pad.
    A clubmate mentioned Dr Pad, an Italian firm that manufacture pads for a number of companies, and for €20 +p&p they supply and fit a new pad of your choice. Due to arrive on Monday so will post here how it feels and looks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

You live near me (and we both cycle in the park), so you'll be easier to spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Another recent smart trainer convert. Next to be shipped are the fan (too powerful!?) and I splashed out on a table.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

jumbo visma short sleeved jersey and jumbo visma face mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Went wild. Perfetto ROS Convertible Jacket, Oakley Flight Jacket Prizm glasses, Kask Mojito X Road Helmet, Beanie Cap, Socks, Caps and a neck warmer.

Happy Xmas to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭paddydriver

To Alcohol wrote: »
    Went wild. Perfetto ROS Convertible Jacket, Oakley Flight Jacket Prizm glasses, Kask Mojito X Road Helmet, Beanie Cap, Socks, Caps and a neck warmer.

Happy Xmas to me

A Castelli Alpha Ros 2 jacket on its way to me... couldn't afford Castelli as a young lad cycling in the 80's, still don't think I can afford it now as an older lad cycling in the 20's..

The Perfetto ROS Convertible is a great bit of kit, the new version has a great setup for removing the sleeves and quickly turns it into a nice Gabba. Mine got good wear during early lockdown in Mar/early April and was back out once or twice during our August too!.. and plenty of wear in Sept/Oct.

Enjoy.. happy wearing.

Set of cone spanners, and a chain wear indicator. I only wanted the spanners reallyu, but picked up the wear indicator to get me to the free shipping amount

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I've got a Wahoo Headwind and Lifeline Home Trainer Desk on the way to me - trying to make my turbo sessions as nice as possible given weather, work and lockdown

• Advertisement

cletus wrote: »
    Set of cone spanners, and a chain wear indicator. I only wanted the spanners reallyu, but picked up the wear indicator to get me to the free shipping amount

Going back to the Park Tool Chain Link pliers .....if you don't mind :)......and I haven't bought yet......is it true that Connex Master Links don't need a pliers to disassemble? And they're re useable many times.

And they're not in stock at CR.
    I remember I had one a few years ago........had a Wippermann chain, supposed to be the best.

(Got a Chain Wear indicator a few years ago also.)

Advertisement