Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

Planet X wrote: »
    Going back to the Park Tool Chain Link pliers .....if you don't mind :)......and I haven't bought yet......is it true that Connex Master Links don't need a pliers to disassemble? And they're re useable many times.

And they're not in stock at CR.
    I remember I had one a few years ago........had a Wippermann chain, supposed to be the best.

(Got a Chain Wear indicator a few years ago also.)

I've seen the Connex thing on other forums, but I'm probably the wrong person to ask. While I wouldn't carry an old link over to a new chain, I'd personally have no issue reusing one on the chain it started out on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

After a long time chewing on it I finally bit the bullet on a sram red 22 compact chainset. All I need now is my Gosh-darn Bowman frameset to fit it to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭monty_python

Got an email this morning to say my wahoo element roam was dispatched from cycle superstore

Hopefully I get it tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

A pair of 'refurbished' Nalini bib shorts!
    Bought a pair of shorts a few years ago to match my favourite Caisse d'Epargne jersey. It looked and fitted well but a J cloth would have given more protection than the fitted pad.
    A clubmate mentioned Dr Pad, an Italian firm that manufacture pads for a number of companies, and for €20 +p&p they supply and fit a new pad of your choice. Due to arrive on Monday so will post here how it feels and looks.

Tried out the 'new' shorts on a 60k spin in the Park this morning. The pad felt a little bit bulky at first but settled down and was really comfortable. Very neat sewing too so hard to tell it's not original.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

chain whip and cassete remover
    castelli thermo skully
    madison avalanche gloves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Kickr Core should be here this week, looking forward to experiencing Zwift properly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Planet X wrote: »
    Going back to the Park Tool Chain Link pliers .....if you don't mind :)......and I haven't bought yet......is it true that Connex Master Links don't need a pliers to disassemble? And they're re useable many times.

And they're not in stock at CR.
    I remember I had one a few years ago........had a Wippermann chain, supposed to be the best.

(Got a Chain Wear indicator a few years ago also.)
    you can remove the connex chain link by hand - turn the link at a 90 degree angle to remove and same when installing it.

BTW, i have a KMC chain and i have removed the master link several times and re installed it each time. i use a tool for the KMC link but you don't need one for the connnex link.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Oberkon

dahat wrote: »
    Kickr Core should be here this week, looking forward to experiencing Zwift properly now.

Are you doing the CI league ?
    starting up this Saturday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

Some elite smart trainer as my dumb one **** itself on me last night.

The bearings had been getting louder despite copious amounts of lube, last night was obviously the final straw. Bought it 2nd hand 15 years ago so I can't complain.

And a sweat guard.

And some new bar end plugs for the new renthal fat bar.

And xx1 chain and cassette
    Deore disc brakes for the nippers bike
    Hope five20 front wheel
    Shed load of spin11 club kit.

Absolutely no excuse to keep avoiding exercise now

Oberkon wrote: »
    Are you doing the CI league ?
    starting up this Saturday ?

Not this time round, back to the winter grind & Zwift racing isn't on my radar this early.

I do like the format changes, should be fun for those who like to empty he tank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

I am very particular when it comes to my clothing choices, I tend to research the hell out of things before I buy. So today I asked Santa for a long sleeve jersey from torm.cc, I recall a boardsie being a fan also. I am also trying to have Santa avoid any type Brexit splat from UK suppliers after Jan, (there are 2 guys running the brand, and as it turned out I had a detailed sizing conversation with one of the guys, very very helpful). Not sure I can wait till Dec to give it a test run.

Wahoo Tickr as no ant + with Apple tv for Zwift,poorly researched on my part.

Galibier Roubaix gloves, fav glove for all seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Selle Italia SP-01 Carbonio saddle and Deda Superleggera bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emclau

An early Christmas present from me to me - a Galibier Foul weather jacket. Replacing an 8 year old Polaris jacket I’ve used mainly for commuting.. expecting good things based on all the positive reviews on boards!

This, because I think it looks like a cool way to apply grease

s-l640.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

You should call it Les

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭David6330

Or Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Nuttin, just nuttin, and I'm so pi$$ed off at myself, got a few quid for my 50th, but cant find anything I want/need/even vaguely like. I've bought three jackets from Galibier this year, three new bibshorts (still not opened).

I need to knuckle down and find something to buy LMAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

wheelo01 wrote: »
    Nuttin, just nuttin, and I'm so pi$$ed off at myself, got a few quid for my 50th, but cant find anything I want/need/even vaguely like. I've bought three jackets from Galibier this year, three new bibshorts (still not opened).

Some cycling books?

wheelo01 wrote: »

Huh?

Not sure if serious....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Have you considered a new bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

I've got loads of cycling books on the kindle already, but might go see what's new in the book recommendations thread, thanks.

Yup, I'm serious, I have 130 in overall and halford's vouchers, cant see anything 1 plus a few Bob more in cash for any store.

The new bike might be just the very man to get the go ahead for divorce. I'm at the 2 year anniversary, almost to the day of getting my current bike.

I just cant get inspired.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,393 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Ardennes II arm warmers and Roubaix Vision 6 gloves, both from Galibier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Channeling my inner Spindatt and have a cheap frame on the way to convert to a Gravel bike. Has discs, carbon fork and an SLK crankset so not a bad base!

Deano12345 wrote: »
    Channeling my inner Spindatt and have a cheap frame on the way to convert to a Gravel bike. Has discs, carbon fork and an SLK crankset so not a bad base!

If I could thank that twice I would :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

cletus wrote: »
    If I could thank that twice I would :D

Is there enough interest for a thread on the build I wonder? :o

I mean who doesn't love dirt cheap drop bar bikes that shouldn't exist! :D

Deano12345 wrote: »
    Is there enough interest for a thread on the build I wonder? :o

I mean who doesn't love dirt cheap drop bar bikes that shouldn't exist! :D

I say yes... or just send the photos to me on WhatsApp :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Just ordered some Sealskinz gloves and some Ion Rain overshorts for the wet commutes. Had ordered Madison Apex ones from 360cycles but sadly they rang me to say their supplier doesn't have them left. I have somewhere in the wilderness a Madison Optimus Jersey too, but hasn't shown up yet.

I might order some of the Nico Roche coffee, as although the i find the roaster's main blend absolutely awful, I tried another today and it wasn't so bad at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Weepsie wrote: »
    I might order some of the Nico Roche coffee, as although the i find the roaster's main blend absolutely awful, I tried another today and it wasn't so bad at all.

Is that the Velo crowd? I tried their main one and yes, it was pretty awful but I seen they had two specials on and bought one which was really, really, good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

Spare straps etc for Wahoo Tickr from Cramcycle :)......

Advertisement