Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

secman wrote: »
    Spare straps etc for Wahoo Tickr from Cramcycle :)......

It will be now that you have reminded me :o sorry

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

CramCycle wrote: »
    Is that the Velo crowd? I tried their main one and yes, it was pretty awful but I seen they had two specials on and bought one which was really, really, good.

Yup them indeed. They have an indian and el salvadoron in Aldi at the moment. The indian is much more palatable. Havn't tried the other. I was milling through some not entirely cheap beans, so these were a pleasant surprise for money saving

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Spare straps etc for Wahoo Tickr from Cramcycle :)......

Are the straps tempermental?

Took delivery of one this week for the Apple tv Zwift experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭Plastik

dahat wrote: »

The buttons on the strap will corrode and snap off - eventually.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Weepsie wrote: »
    Yup them indeed. They have an indian and el salvadoron in Aldi at the moment. The indian is much more palatable. Havn't tried the other. I was milling through some not entirely cheap beans, so these were a pleasant surprise for money saving

Yep, It was the El Salvador ones I got and they are really nice in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

My R7000 shifter that I ordered last night from bike24 has shipped already! Can’t beat that for efficient service!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

dahat wrote: »

The snap on nipple on the back of the unit eventually corrode from salt in your sweat and snap of. Probably more so on a Turbo i would think. I'm a heavy sweater the best of times though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭dahat

The snap on nipple on the back of the unit eventually corrode from salt in your sweat and snap of. Probably more so on a Turbo i would think. I'm a heavy sweater the best of times though :)

Same here, I'll source a spare before that happens then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

My Les Sealey mini grease gun has arrived. In the intervening time between ordering and arrival, I have convinced myself that my head set needs cleaning and regreasing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Needed a new frame as both my "good" bikes are cracked and both have already had repairs

Almost went for a Eddy Merckx 525 but size avaolable is just off so went for frame that I'll build with my Zipps and Rotor 3D+

https://www.merlincycles.com/ridley-noah-fast-frameset-148051.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,412 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

how did they end up cracked? you were putting out too much power?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I wish, car hit me when on #1 (with it being jyst 6 weeks old!), got repaired. Chain snagged and jockey wheel then hit and cracked seatstay in other, got repaired. Then fork cracked at top on #2 and seatstay on #1 cracked i think when i crashed in club league race earlier this year. Both Cannondale supersix HM's (2015s). Ill transfer the good fork to the "good" cannondale and retire the other and use as training bike. Only thing with it is when the seatstay was repaired is was a tiny bit off centre so i have to jam something into the dropout to straighten the wheel, like a folded piece of card. Its fine for training, not so fine for racing although i got through the Ras with it like that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

New derailleur and shifter reach adjustment plates were ordered on the 17th of November, I only have one bike and cant ride it until this comes in. Realized this morning the tracking doesn't actually have my full address. Rand DHL and finally after getting a human got told that it is sitting in Germany at the airport not having left and wont until maybe early next week. Then when it gets to an post I have to ring them to see if they can update the shipping address or let me collect it from the depot. I will probably be at least 6 weeks off the bike at this stage by the time I get it and get it up and running.

Have already replaced the chain and derailleur hanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭joey100

Pair of Mavic comete ultimate 2 shoes on black friday sale. Hoping the sizing works, have worn the same size in other mavic shoes before so hoping it's the same on this model. Completely over the top and better than I would ever need but sure why not!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ninoon

Swisstop brake blocks to pair with new Hunt Alloys.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

Santa ordered something from the UK for me over 2 weeks ago, received shipping confirmation but so far, nada. No idea how backlogged the postal system is. Maybe it will be get lost in the Brexit blackhole, never to be seen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

A Drift Ghost X camera to replace the one I managed to break:o

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭victor201

4iii r8000 left crank from mantel great value at 269 euro and rapha arm warmers fron sport pursuit

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

Wahoo kicker core..... after three years of flawless indoor training on the tacx vortex it's time to retire it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Just ordered a Wahoo Kickr Core. Hopefully it won't take too long to dispatch. It's a bit more than I would have like to have spent as a casual fitness cyclist, the Tacx Flux S would have been ideal at €200 less but out of stock everywhere as expected.

It's a risky purchase as this is my first Winter training indoors but I've been enjoying the pain that comes with Zwift although I'm at a big disadvantage on a dumb trainer despite the correct set up. Everything from the correct trainer to my weight. It has me doing 2-3kph at anything above 5% which is closer to 10kph in reality. Even all out sprints barely pushes the speed beyond 30kph.

The biggest challenge is the nonstop effort. I usually cycle around Dublin, no backroads so plenty of stops at lights or coasting to a junction. With Zwift it's just go go go. It's a killer and I'm loving it. I absolutely crushed it on the Richmond Fan Flats yesterday. I held a pretty decent effort the whole way and my legs were burning. I usually do 30-45 minutes, hopefully I can start completing some longer routes soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Just ordered a Wahoo Kickr Core. Hopefully it won't take too long to dispatch. It's a bit more than I would have like to have spent as a casual fitness cyclist, the Tacx Flux S would have been ideal at €200 less but out of stock everywhere as expected.

It's a risky purchase as this is my first Winter training indoors but I've been enjoying the pain that comes with Zwift although I'm at a big disadvantage on a dumb trainer despite the correct set up. Everything from the correct trainer to my weight. It has me doing 2-3kph at anything above 5% which is closer to 10kph in reality. Even all out sprints barely pushes the speed beyond 30kph.

The biggest challenge is the nonstop effort. I usually cycle around Dublin, no backroads so plenty of stops at lights or coasting to a junction. With Zwift it's just go go go. It's a killer and I'm loving it. I absolutely crushed it on the Richmond Fan Flats yesterday. I held a pretty decent effort the whole way and my legs were burning. I usually do 30-45 minutes, hopefully I can start completing some longer routes soon.

Start doing the route badges Davey. I normally select a workout and depending on the workout I'll pick a route to complete. So if the workout is 1 hour I'll usually pick a route around 30km or less. Its really good to keep you interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Garmin cycle computer, new front light to see rather than be seen, new base layers, new warm winter jerseys, waterproof bib tights, waterproof SPD shoes, waterproof socks (yes, I'm a wuss. I was a very wet wuss one day last week).

It was "mis sorted" in the delivery depot yesterday, so who knows where it is currently. I'm excited and impatient.

And two cycling routes books: one Ireland, one South Dublin/Wicklow specifically.

Breezer wrote: »
    Garmin cycle computer, new front light to see rather than be seen, new base layers, new warm winter jerseys, waterproof bib tights, waterproof SPD shoes, waterproof socks (yes, I'm a wuss. I was a very wet wuss one day last week).

It was "mis sorted" in the delivery depot yesterday, so who knows where it is currently. I'm excited and impatient.

And two cycling routes books: one Ireland, one South Dublin/Wicklow specifically.

What books?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

cletus wrote: »
    What books?

https://www.dubraybooks.ie/cycling-south-dublin-wicklow-gre_9781848893443

[url] https://www.dubraybooks.ie/cycling-in-ireland_9780956787453[/url]

Reckoned I’d take a punt. I’m not in a club and am new to leisure cycling, as opposed to commuting, so I don’t know the routes as well as a lot of people on here seem to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Because I might need one sometime...

https://www.bike24.com/p2155860.html?menu=1000,185,191

Breezer wrote: »
    https://www.dubraybooks.ie/cycling-south-dublin-wicklow-gre_9781848893443

[url] https://www.dubraybooks.ie/cycling-in-ireland_9780956787453[/url]

Reckoned I’d take a punt. I’m not in a club and am new to leisure cycling, as opposed to commuting, so I don’t know the routes as well as a lot of people on here seem to.

I have the Cycling Ireland book, having been recommended it here. It's excellent. I'm sure the Dublin/Wicklow one is just as good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

What Cletus says above...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Winter bib tights, fire feet socks and sunglasses from Galibier.

Set of DT Swiss disc wheels from the Bargain Alerts thread.

An order from Rose with about 10 things - saddle, tires, cleaning and maintenance stuff and other random bits

SPD shoes and MTB pedals for my new gravel bike.

And an electric bike.

Took a day off on Black Friday, went for a nice bike ride, then went drinking for the afternoon with a friend. Got home and did a bit of shopping. Bought so much I had to cancel the titanium bike I had ordered and buy a second hand aluminium one

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emclau

cletus wrote: »
    I have the Cycling Ireland book, having been recommended it here. It's excellent. I'm sure the Dublin/Wicklow one is just as good

I’ve reserved the Cycling Ireland book from the library, thanks for the recommendation!

I’ve bought the Collins Cycling Wicklow and Cycling Munster books in the last couple of weeks - they’re both really good.... I just need to get down to Killarney to actually test the actual routes out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Some of the very finest roads in Ireland, down Killarney way. Don't miss the Healy Pass, the Ballaghabeama Gap, the Slea Head Drive, the Sheeps Head, the Borlin Valley and Priest's Leap... some of those are a little way from Killarney, but they blow Wicklow (never mind Dublin) out of the water, and offer a lot more challenge than Connemara.

Advertisement