Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I just got a set of DTSwiss db 1800 wheels and today set them up with tyres as a training set for the cx bike, they knock about 500g off my old wheels.
    Ive a set of FFWD dt350 DB on the way for the gravel/touring bike, I'll be putting 28's or 30's on them, thyey will knock about 600g off the wheelset I have on my topstone at the moment. I'm really looking forward to seeing how much of a difference they make.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

A set of Galibier Arctic II overshoes, as recomended by fellow boardsies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I had a funny one last night. Phone rang - private number, foreign accent. "HELLO. I HAVE YOUR AMAZON PASSWORD!". I wasn't at all in the mood for scam callers so I just hung up.
    Next thing I got a text and realised my mistake- "Your amazon driver is attempting to deliver your parcel" :D:D

Managed to get a hold of the driver, apologise and explain my misinterpretation and got my Garmin out front mounts delivered! He saw the funny side of it, fair play to him. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I was asked to pick out a few bits for a pal by his girlfriend, I knew it wasn't an assignment I would come away from without losing money. Ended up recommending him a Mistral Foul Weather and buying one for myself too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

cletus wrote: »
    A set of Galibier Arctic II overshoes, as recomended by fellow boardsies

What's the sizing like on these, I wear a euro 45 in a cycling shoe and tend to have to get XL in overshoes for a comfy snug fit,

Thanks

• Advertisement

secman wrote: »
    What's the sizing like on these, I wear a euro 45 in a cycling shoe and tend to have to get XL in overshoes for a comfy snug fit,

Thanks

I don't have them yet, but quite a few of the reviews on the Galibier site suggested they were small fitting, so I've opted for XL too, despite being a 44-45 in almost every shoe apart from the Shimano cycle shoes I have, which are a 46

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Thanks

Northwave size 46 & i have an XL, snug around the calves but mine are huge anyway.

Overall pleased with these over the last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Froze my feet off last weekend so ordered a set of shoe covers, ended up getting a mini pump, small Crank Bros multi tool and 3 pairs of socks too, so I could get free shipping.

Wiggles outlet is great :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Deano12345 wrote: »
    Wiggles outlet is great :D
    Up until the end of December!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

- Handlebar Tape - I like Purple
    - Headset Cap Mount for Sport Camera CM-1000 - for my gopro
    - GRX FC-RX600-1 Crankset
    - PF30 Reducers for Aluminium Cranks up to 2014 - Closeout
    - Handlebars from Merlin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Where'd you get the headset cap mount? I've 2 cm-1000 and they don't come as standard

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Up until the end of December!

they already charge Irish VAT so it shouldn't make any difference for anything < €150

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭oisinog

I finally got round to ordering a new bike through cycle to work scheme

https://www.trekbikes.com/gb/en_GB/bikes/road-bikes/performance-road-bikes/%C3%A9monda/%C3%A9monda-alr/%C3%A9monda-alr-5/p/24166/

But as I am a Nordy the delvery date is anything from Feburary to April (Thanks Brexit)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Weepsie wrote: »
    Where'd you get the headset cap mount? I've 2 cm-1000 and they don't come as standard

Bike Components: https://www.bike-components.de/en/PRO/Headset-Cap-Mount-for-Sport-Camera-CM-1000-p40983/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

ordered Garmin edge 830 yesterday on Cyclesuperstore.

Today I got the email alert that it was back in stock, so I ordered the GRX810 2x11 crankset from Bikediscount, ordered a silicone cover for the edge as well.

And that is everything that wanted to get for the year-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

A pair of Schwalbe 35c spiked tyres for the CAADX/commuter bike. Kept meaning to get them but a frosty/icy early morning commute during the week convinced me to push the button. They can sit on a spare set of rims I have in the shed for swift changes on bad mornings.

Thanks

So, arrived today, just tried them on, haven't cycled in them (because rain). Like I said, I'd be a 45 normally, but have cycling shoes in a 46.

The XL is very snug on them (having said that, my shoes are Shimano MT3's so a bit bulkier than most road shoes)

There's a bit of a knack to getting them on, but once on they fit well, nice and snug, and higher up the leg than I thought. Overall, very happy with fit and quality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Alanbt

HED + Belgium wheelset. Second hand from UK, Brexit will likely mean this is the last purchase from forum over there. Probably save me money!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

A pair of overshoes and over socks from Galibier, then went onto Wiggle and got some new tyre levers, chamois cream, and some extremely cheap latex overshoes..

Gosh, I missed shopping LMAO

• Advertisement

Chamois cream
    Galibier Sentinel Jersey in flame red

I've also had issues with my Favero left pm pedal so I've got a new spindle en route under warranty. They were extremely easy & quick to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

New set of IEMs - iKKO OH10s. Some music for atmospheric winter rides.

( Xmas pressie to self ).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Been a busy few days

Got some Gaerne Winter MTB boots today (hand delivered to work by owner) and they are in basically brand new condition, cost less than half the price and are a both a perfect fit and super comfy.

Sealskinz Gloves arrived from Sportpursuit. Also super comfy, though havn't had proper rain test or cold morning test.

Also got some waterproof overshorts for the commute.

Have a madison optimus jersey coming to me too (last one went missing in the post). Some socks from Planet X and some headset bearings.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I finally pulled the trigger on a set of Aftershokz Aeropex.

And a new lower headset bearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Jango Rolls Bar Roll for some long spins

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Hammerhead Karoo 2 (pre-order) and Cycliq Fly6 3rd gen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

crosstownk wrote: »
    I finally pulled the trigger on a set of Aftershokz Aeropex.

They're great. And can take a beating. I run with them mainly and they've no problem with sweat or rain

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭G1032

dahat wrote: »
    Chamois cream
    Galibier Sentinel Jersey in flame red

I've also had issues with my Favero left pm pedal so I've got a new spindle en route under warranty. They were extremely easy & quick to deal with.

What was the issue?

G1032 wrote: »
    What was the issue?

Giivng incorrect readings to the tune of 60/40 balance whereas I was a steady 52/48 mostly. I was able to compare these & my kickr for sale efforts so knew they were off some bit.
    They asked for some steps plus reviewed data from the pedals then confirmed the left pedal sensor was off.

• Advertisement

A pair of Z hip loks in red from Amazon. Says they'll be here by Thursday...we'll see

Advertisement