Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Sealskinz waterproof all weather gloves plus sealskinz socks with hydrostop.
    Used the €20 Cycling Ireland voucher from Cycle superstore as part payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

cletus wrote: »
    A pair of Z hip loks in red from Amazon. Says they'll be here by Thursday...we'll see

And they arrived today

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Cleats and another BB spacer after the one I bought was the wrong one. Wanted PF30 to 24mm, which I got but the PF30 side was for one with a 68mm shell rather than a 86mm shell :o

Guess my bike will be waiting till after the holidays now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Sealskinz waterproof all weather gloves plus sealskinz socks with hydrostop.
    Used the €20 Cycling Ireland voucher from Cycle superstore as part payment.

Just got some seal skinz gloves myself. So far so good. Wiggle came through with a crank bros multi tool and an adapter for the few Dunlop valve tubes I have.

Also got a heap of merino socks and 1 pair of waterproof ones too today delivered.

Northwave extreme h20 jersey which at 34 is worth a punt, but I've put on quite a bit weight the last 2 months I think and won't be testing it for about 2

Not hopeful the stuff being sent to parcel motel will make it before their cut off now either

Weepsie wrote: »
    Just got some seal skinz gloves myself. So far so good. Wiggle came through with a crank bros multi tool and an adapter for the few Dunlop valve tubes I have.

Also got a heap of merino socks and 1 pair of waterproof ones too today delivered.

Northwave extreme h20 jersey which at 34 is worth a punt, but I've put on quite a bit weight the last 2 months I think and won't be testing it for about 2

Not hopeful the stuff being sent to parcel motel will make it before their cut off now either

Everything is shutting down. Even went to order my favourite Tassimo coffee and home page has big notice saying no deliveries before 6 Feb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

They're great. And can take a beating. I run with them mainly and they've no problem with sweat or rain

How do you find the sound quality?

I'm a bit of an audiophile so I'm a bit apprehensive about the SQ. But they're the best open ear solution so probably me best option as I'd prefer not to use airpods so I can hear traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭ratracer

A pair of Hutchinson All Season Tubeless tyres, from Sigmasport. Ordered yesterday, got a shipping notification today from DHL with an expected delivery date of Dec 29, so will wait and see what happens with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

crosstownk wrote: »

I'm a bit of an audiophile so I'm a bit apprehensive about the SQ. But they're the best open ear solution so probably me best option as I'd prefer not to use airpods so I can hear traffic.

It's not the same as in-ear headphones but the quality is good. If I had one complaint it is that I can't hear Netflix over the turbo. But that could be my bluetooth connection, laptop, old turbo etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It's not the same as in-ear headphones but the quality is good. If I had one complaint it is that I can't hear Netflix over the turbo. But that could be my bluetooth connection, laptop, old turbo etc

Thanks.

If you're having difficulty hearing over the turbo then I reckon they won't be great into the wind out on the road.

EDIT - Sorry for going OT .......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Ordered some SKS Mudguards from Cyclesuperstore on Sunday, they arrived Tuesday morning -- Very quick delivery for this time of year.. used my CI voucher as well some came in super cheap

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

My replacement garmin 1030 arrived at the door this morm. Super efficient there. Sent mine on the Friday before last, wasn't expecting one til the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

A pair of 1990s Mavic derailleurs.

Blue Benotto shiny bartape.

Reproduction decals for a 1983 Raleigh Road Ace.

Zefal blue leather toe clip straps.

Bit of an old school theme going on here :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Galibier Mistral Foul weather jacket.

Looking forward to some rain now!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I can confirm having bought two Mistrals over Christmas that it is a fantastic jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thanks.

If you're having difficulty hearing over the turbo then I reckon they won't be great into the wind out on the road.

Baseline: DT990 Pros with a Fiio E10

Use Aftershokz Titaniums daily. Broke em, go another. Definite winner. Commute with them. You can use earplugs and change their mode (EQ) to compensate but its still pretty poor. Still can be useful in a bind (like using a table saw).

Positioning, just like IEMs, is everything. Set them on the right part of your skull and they're very listenable. I can listen to Morning Ireland by bumping the volume a bit in traffic.

NB: Dont do Drum N Base at high volumes, tickles like mad.

/OT

keane2097 wrote: »
    I can confirm having bought two Mistrals over Christmas that it is a fantastic jacket.

I presume they're meant to be a slightly snug/not loose fit?
    I went for XXL, I'm 6ft, broad shoulders, 38 inch waist and wondering shiuldninhave gotten larger but trying to reassure myself that snug is the right fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

dinneenp wrote: »
    I presume they're meant to be a slightly snug/not loose fit?
    I went for XXL, I'm 6ft, broad shoulders, 38 inch waist and wondering shiuldninhave gotten larger but trying to reassure myself that snug is the right fit.

I had the same doubts when I got mine, and was assured that the snug fit is correct - aero reasons, if I recall correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

The snug fit was the correct one according to most around here.

Barrier Base layer from Galibier. I opted for the XL, hope it's the right fit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I cant afford free stuff at the moment but got a deal on a Cinelli Zydeco that I couldn't pass up and I'd wanted a gravel/mud warrior for a while. Going to collect it today, I have already warned myself that it will see no upgrades and being a cross bike it will never be cleaned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

That upgrade logic will last about a week I reckon :)

cletus wrote: »
    Barrier Base layer from Galibier. I opted for the XL, hope it's the right fit

I got that as a Christmas present, very happy with it. XL, nice fit.

dinneenp wrote: »
    I got that as a Christmas present, very happy with it. XL, nice fit.

If it's not too personal, what's your dimensions, dinner no :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭G1032

1. BB30 bearings.
    2. Cable liner for routing gear cables under the BB.
    3. Inner gear cables.
    4. The little bit of OT-RS900 Shimano shift outer casing for routing the gear cable from the frame to the rear derailleur
    5. A front derailleur

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

25 x Disc Brake pads
    1 x cleats
    1 x tube

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

2 x Schwalbe Black Betty MTB tyres
    1 x HG-701 Shimano chain
    1 x Sealskinz socks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Nothing! :mad:

Brake cables, gear cables, GS rear mech, 11-34 cassette and wire/cable cutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Nothing! :mad:
    Me too - I've bought a lot in the last couple of months, some gear for myself before Christmas, new Genesis gravel frame, then new components to build back up a bike when I couldn't sell my old frame on its own.

Between covid & shipping problems, Brexit and continued shortages, buying bike stuff has become a very frustrating experience - ended up having to use four or five different sites and spending time trying to find components which work together (and separate delivery fees, waiting times and needing to go pick up a package if you miss delivery). Before I would just keep a list of small things I wanted or needed and make one big order at a time, usually from one of the German sites. I had a front derailleur on order from Rose who changed it from due in on 05 Jan to 26 Nov. Finding small parts like brake hoses was a nightmare too, often waiting times of 9-10 months.

So I'll ride my bike and take a break from buying anything. Definitely wouldn't recommend any bike builds or upgrades at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Me too - I've bought a lot in the last couple of months, some gear for myself before Christmas, new Genesis gravel frame, then new components to build back up a bike when I couldn't sell my old frame on its own.

Between covid & shipping problems, Brexit and continued shortages, buying bike stuff has become a very frustrating experience - ended up having to use four or five different sites and spending time trying to find components which work together (and separate delivery fees, waiting times and needing to go pick up a package if you miss delivery). Before I would just keep a list of small things I wanted or needed and make one big order at a time, usually from one of the German sites. I had a front derailleur on order from Rose who changed it from due in on 05 Jan to 26 Nov. Finding small parts like brake hoses was a nightmare too, often waiting times of 9-10 months.

So I'll ride my bike and take a break from buying anything. Definitely wouldn't recommend any bike builds or upgrades at this stage.

Yes I recently finished a bike build so I'm suffering from "on-line purchases withdrawal syndrome"! :) mind you, my wallet is not complaining!

Advertisement