Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

A bit of summer fun will hopefully be had on this. ETA March Commencal Meta HT

50811358401_3452536b29.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

My garmin 520 edge plus, or so I thought,. Bikeinn the Spanish crowd have stuffed me on it. No product no refund, just a hole in my funds.. AVOID BIKEINN

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

My garmin 520 edge plus, or so I thought,. Bikeinn the Spanish crowd have stuffed me on it. No product no refund, just a hole in my funds.. AVOID BIKEINN

Credit card charge back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Weepsie wrote: »
    Credit card charge back?

Yes I must look into that, however it'll be next week I am so tired of dealing with bikeinn I'm going to step back from it til then. When things work out it's all good, but when they don't you get to see how a company really is. This crowd are contemptible.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Yes I must look into that, however it'll be next week I am so tired of dealing with bikeinn I'm going to step back from it til then. When things work out it's all good, but when they don't you get to see how a company really is. This crowd are contemptible.

They are effectively one of these goods forwarding companies, often really slow and often you get the wrong goods or nothing, they pretty much hold zero stock. Takes ages, if achieved at all, to get a refund. Look at their reviews online and you will see loads of stories like yours. Go straight to your CC company or Paypal and just start a chargeback, make sure you tell them you have tried to engage. Start ASAP as some card companies can take a bit of time as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

What happened? Did they post it (regular mail) and it didn't arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rootsman

I cant afford free stuff at the moment but got a deal on a Cinelli Zydeco that I couldn't pass up and I'd wanted a gravel/mud warrior for a while. Going to collect it today, I have already warned myself that it will see no upgrades and being a cross bike it will never be cleaned.

Where did you get the Zydeco?Have one on order since Aug with DLB.
    Supposed to get in Oct,then Jan and now April.More than pissed off at this stage......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭G1032

I was looking for a few bits before Christmas and came across Bikeinn. But there was as many bad reviews as good so chose to look elsewhere, even though they were cheaper than anywhere else.

But what exactly happened with you? Why no product, no refund? What are they not accepting responsibility for?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

Muc off cleaner concentrate. Exciting times

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭cletus

I received my Galibier barrier Base layer today, but it's been too cold to go out. Oh the ironing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emclau

cletus wrote: »
    I received my Galibier barrier Base layer today, but it's been too cold to go out. Oh the ironing...

Did you order after Brexit from Galibier? Any hassle with brexit fees etc? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭cletus

emclau wrote: »
    Did you order after Brexit from Galibier? Any hassle with brexit fees etc? Thanks!

Ordered it Tuesday, arrived today, no issues, no extra fees

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

They tried to stuff me. But if you give them a really bad review on trustpilot they usually get off their butts. And of course keep sending messages to them. They usually refund after a week or so. If no refund coming just go through paypal and you will have it back quickly as well. Otherwise a charge back if you didn't use paypal.

cletus wrote: »

I wore a new one (not Galibier) I got for Christmas last week and sure of course I just threw it on out of the packet and not the first time I've made the mistake with baselayers. Some of them say wash before first use, if you don't they feel horrible on first time out, like riding around with a wet rag stuck to you !!!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Why would there be? Aren't they based in Omeath which is in the South?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,386 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

clarkes disc brake and fulcrum QR wheel ridiculously cheap

convert my front wheel at least to disc on the MTB

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

ED E wrote: »
    Baseline: DT990 Pros with a Fiio E10

Use Aftershokz Titaniums daily. Broke em, go another. Definite winner. Commute with them. You can use earplugs and change their mode (EQ) to compensate but its still pretty poor. Still can be useful in a bind (like using a table saw).

Positioning, just like IEMs, is everything. Set them on the right part of your skull and they're very listenable. I can listen to Morning Ireland by bumping the volume a bit in traffic.

NB: Dont do Drum N Base at high volumes, tickles like mad.

/OT
    Agree 100%.

I use HD280 Pro indoors and a tri-amp setup for the HiFi. So I was apprehensive about the SQ from these but I'm actually seriously impressed. OK - the bass isn't as good as the rest of the spectrum but as you say, very listenable. I cycle solo 99% of the time and it's great to be able to listen to music with my ears open. I wish I'd discovered these years ago.

Also great for phone calls - especially with WFH and going under the radar :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

a medal hanger for all my participation medals.. I really need some motivation this year. Last year was my least amount of KMs cycled and I've been on that wimp list too many times I'd care to think about. Just want a small visual to remind me that I have a bike and to use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

rootsman wrote: »
    Where did you get the Zydeco?Have one on order since Aug with DLB.
    Supposed to get in Oct,then Jan and now April.More than pissed off at this stage......

It was in the window of Shaka Bikes, I went in to collect a rear light I'd bought and agreed a deal on the Zydeco and collected it the following day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Great looking bike, you made a wise move I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Set of Bora one 50 disc brake wheels for the next build. Ordered off bike discount.de, seem to be moving well thru the tracking but just waiting on the inevitable delay!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rootsman

It was in the window of Shaka Bikes, I went in to collect a rear light I'd bought and agreed a deal on the Zydeco and collected it the following day

Dear light:)Enjoy the bike!

Nice wheels Joe. What're they going on?

joey100 wrote: »
    Set of Bora one 50 disc brake wheels for the next build. Ordered off bike discount.de, seem to be moving well thru the tracking but just waiting on the inevitable delay!

Nice, I'm waiting for the rim brake version to arrive myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Nice wheels Joe. What're they going on?

Yet to be fully decided but will be something Italian, and just to set some people off it will have shimano.

Living dangerously...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Leg warmers and a short sleeve baselayer from Galibier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Included in a mail from Galibier earlier:

Regardless of Covid restrictions and fishing negotiations, we ship to the UK and internationally at 9 am and 3pm daily with Royal Mail and to Ireland and the EU with AnPost at 2pm daily. There will be NO additional customs duties as of Jan 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Steel Skewers for my Kickr, called my lbs about upgrading to di2, not exactly in the post but in the works.

• Advertisement

Delivered....

Advertisement