Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Went a bit mad and bought a rear disc wheel for the TT bike. Not mad enough to spend thousands so bought from Ron Wheels in Poland.
    I'll look the part while the young lads on mountain bikes cruise past me in the handful of races I do a year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Giro Synthe helmet, will be my first ever time having a white helmet

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭dahat

€100 worth of various gels & bars from Cyclesuperstore, had a voucher that was burning a hole on the pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

My eagerly awaited Hammerhead Karoo 2. Really looking forward to this one.

Mind you, the Garmin 520+ I've been using since I sold my original Karoo hasn't skipped a beat

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd a few bob burning a hole in my pocket with restaurants and the local all shuttered up so I went a bit mad.

Winter gloves, two casquettes, socks, summer gloves, two jerseys, brake pads, shoes, cleats, shorts. I used various suppliers depending on price and availability - I've plenty of time to kill - Alltricks, CRC, Sports Pursuit and Cycle Super Store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

Couple of GP5000 tyres and tubes from Eurocycles.com, thought they were in stock but as it turns out they waiting for them to come in from their UK division :(

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Ordered a batch of Shimano parts from Rose last week, chainrings, cassettes, chains, etc. 10sp & 11sp. Chainrings arrived yesterday (DHL). Invoice states the rest will be delivered with free shipping when in stock. Estimates given were from 1 week to 25 weeks in 4 deliveries. Total shipping charge was €2.95 but email voucher cancelled this.

Paid by cc, but only the cost of the 1st batch was charged.

secman wrote: »
    Couple of GP5000 tyres and tubes from Eurocycles.com, thought they were in stock but as it turns out they waiting for them to come in from their UK division :(

FYI, GP5000 €37.99 each on Alltricks at the moment plus a few € for delivery - usually a week.

https://www.alltricks.com/F-183706-pneus-route/P-532533-continental_grand_prix_5000_700_mm_road_tire_tubetype_folding_vectran_breaker_blackchili

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

crosstownk wrote: »
    FYI, GP5000 €37.99 each on Alltricks at the moment plus a few € for delivery - usually a week.

https://www.alltricks.com/F-183706-pneus-route/P-532533-continental_grand_prix_5000_700_mm_road_tire_tubetype_folding_vectran_breaker_blackchili

Thanks for the tip, haven't used them before , haven't ordered from any UK sites since Boris day. Where are they based .?.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Thanks for the tip, haven't used them before , haven't ordered from any UK sites since Boris day. Where are they based .?.

Based in France. Reasonable prices and tracked delivery. I've bought from them before and never had any issues.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Bike discount are €36 per tyre, shipping is €10 though but if you have a few things they are typically cheaper even with shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

At this point with all the delays it's pot luck what arrives and I've genuinely forgotten what I've ordered.

A big bike shaped box due in March though haven't forgotten that one :D

**Right on queue this just arrived, completely forgot I won it on ebay :D

50920979513_21617796ef_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

I made my first and last order with Euroccyles on the 2nd January, which was for a front light and and bar end lights. They were all "in stock" when I ordered them but 5 weeks on and I haven't received my order. I've emailed them each week and they said its due to "Brexit" delays as the stock is coming from the UK (even though their website said it was "in stock" when I made my order!) which is bollo%ks as I've ordered stuff from chain reaction and wiggle since and received them in a week.

While I do like to shop local where I can, which is limited in the current lockdown, I'll never order from Eurocycles again. Now to see how long it takes to get my money back seeing as how its been sitting in their bank account since January 2nd. I emailed them this morning seeking a refund but as I paid via Paypal, I wonder if it would be quicker seeking the refund through them instead???

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    At this point with all the delays it's pot luck what arrives and I've genuinely forgotten what I've ordered.

**Right on queue this just arrived, completely forgot I won it on ebay :D

50920979513_21617796ef_n.jpg

Just wondering what Ebay site did you win them on. If it was ebay uk how did you ship them over and for how much?
    Ive reluctantly resisted buying a few bits on their since brexit

52T 5800 chainring from Bike Inn, €60 delivered.

D13exile wrote: »
    I made my first and last order with Euroccyles on the 2nd January, which was for a front light and and bar end lights. They were all "in stock" when I ordered them but 5 weeks on and I haven't received my order. I've emailed them each week and they said its due to "Brexit" delays as the stock is coming from the UK (even though their website said it was "in stock" when I made my order!) which is bollo%ks as I've ordered stuff from chain reaction and wiggle since and received them in a week.

While I do like to shop local where I can, which is limited in the current lockdown, I'll never order from Eurocycles again. Now to see how long it takes to get my money back seeing as how its been sitting in their bank account since January 2nd. I emailed them this morning seeking a refund but as I paid via Paypal, I wonder if it would be quicker seeking the refund through them instead???

To be fair to irish bike shops theyre totally screwed over by both brexit and covid loads of parts from their wholesalers are out of stock as it is from covid and even if they are in stock its a nightmare trying to get them over from britain.
    I mean if your buying local its probably best to buy in store as the stock on websites is more so an idea of what they usually stock in store rather than an accurate stock inventory.
    I agree you shouldnt be advertising something in stock that isnt but most irish bike shops do it, ive found if youre ordering off an irish website your best ringing to check if its in stock before ordering

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Tony04 wrote: »
    Just wondering what Ebay site did you win them on. If it was ebay uk how did you ship them over and for how much?
    Ive reluctantly resisted buying a few bits on their since brexit

Yep ebay uk I didn't have any drama with customs and shipped to the house. The seller had to fill in a customs declaration so I must look at the sticker and see what value he declared. I think it's more hassle for sellers to be honest particularly with ebay sub €50 purchases. I'd say a lot of them will just start saying they're not shipping to Europe but possibly will lose a good chunk of their market.

I won another item and shipping was only £3.80 so I think the seller may be getting in touch shortly about that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

as recommended on other threads here, some SwissStop brakepads, and from Ali a couple of micro aluminium bells and cheap rear lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

My wife just rang to tell me a package arrived for me this morning. It’s my Karoo 2! New toy day! Now to think of an excuse for said wife as to why I “need” it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

My wife just rang to tell me a package arrived for me this morning. It’s my Karoo 2! New toy day! Now to think of an excuse for said wife as to why I “need” it!

How many pair of shoes does your wife have? ;)

• Advertisement

Excellent map features which wil help you get home faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

New frame has made it to Dublin according to the tracking email , been there since Friday. Gonna be a long day.....

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

Ordered turbo trainer from deporvillage last Monday. Tracking has been sitting at registered on the system but not collected since Tuesday. Hopefully once it gets moving it does not get stuck in customs/brexit hell

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Based in France. Reasonable prices and tracked delivery. I've bought from them before and never had any issues.

Since I discovered Alltricks last year, I now use them for most of my purchases. Often cheaper than CRC despite delivery charge. Delivery is DPD/Chronopost. All orders I made in 2020 arrived via Birmigham but since Brexit, all orders have been via the Netherlands and have arrived in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Just been advised my Campagnolo Zonda C17 wheels are on the way (alltricks). Probably arrive on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Mine landed today too. Much needed cheer here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭pjmn

4 tubes

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ridelikeaturtle

A parcel arrived for me today! One down, umpteen to go.

It's going to be difficult to accept that anything ordered online is now going to take 8-12 *working days* at a minimum. So frustrating when we've gotten used to 2, 3, 4 days max.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

A parcel arrived for me today! One down, umpteen to go.

It's going to be difficult to accept that anything ordered online is now going to take 8-12 *working days* at a minimum. So frustrating when we've gotten used to 2, 3, 4 days max.

It's like aliexpress without the massive discount :)

• Advertisement

crosstownk wrote: »
    Since I discovered Alltricks last year, I now use them for most of my purchases. Often cheaper than CRC despite delivery charge. Delivery is DPD/Chronopost. All orders I made in 2020 arrived via Birmigham but since Brexit, all orders have been via the Netherlands and have arrived in a week.

Ive also found their shipping faster than crc/ merlin /wiggle before brexit i received parcels in usually 3 days. Only ordered once since brexit ordered monday arrived saturday. Free shipping over 150 aswell and theyve a nice invite a friend deal 5 x 10€ vouchers.
    Prices nearly as good as german sites aswell

Advertisement