Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Tony04 wrote: »
    Ive also found their shipping faster than crc/ merlin /wiggle before brexit i received parcels in usually 3 days. Only ordered once since brexit ordered monday arrived saturday. Free shipping over 150 aswell and theyve a nice invite a friend deal 5 x 10€ vouchers.
    Prices nearly as good as german sites aswell

I got a pair of Oakley Sutro in Italy delivered in 3 days as well from an eBay shop. UPS about 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

I haven't had anything in the post for a while, because I've been waiting for this...

542987.jpg

Finally a place to store/work on the bikes that's not the kitchen or hall

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Has anyone ever bought anything of Europa mtb website?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

D13exile wrote: »
    I made my first and last order with Euroccyles on the 2nd January, which was for a front light and and bar end lights. They were all "in stock" when I ordered them but 5 weeks on and I haven't received my order. I've emailed them each week and they said its due to "Brexit" delays as the stock is coming from the UK (even though their website said it was "in stock" when I made my order!) which is bollo%ks as I've ordered stuff from chain reaction and wiggle since and received them in a week.

While I do like to shop local where I can, which is limited in the current lockdown, I'll never order from Eurocycles again. Now to see how long it takes to get my money back seeing as how its been sitting in their bank account since January 2nd. I emailed them this morning seeking a refund but as I paid via Paypal, I wonder if it would be quicker seeking the refund through them instead???

Any luck with your orders or refund ?
    Haven't heard a dicky bird myself, will be contacting them today.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

secman wrote: »
    Any luck with your orders or refund ?
    Haven't heard a dicky bird myself, will be contacting them today.

Got my refund yesterday via paypal.

• Advertisement

cletus wrote: »
    I haven't had anything in the post for a while, because I've been waiting for this...

542987.jpg

How much did that cost you? While not as big as yours, I built my own “cycling shed/home gym a few months to give me something to do. Cost me €850 in materials and three days of building it on my own. It’s bombproof and better built than my house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

https://www.torm.cc/store/B4-Baselayer-p166361431

One of these, repeat purchase.

How much did that cost you? While not as big as yours, I built my own “cycling shed/home gym a few months to give me something to do. Cost me €850 in materials and three days of building it on my own. It’s bombproof and better built than my house :)

That's a nice job. What size is it?

Mine is 16'x10'. Cost two and a half grand. They had it up in 3 hours

That's a nice job. What size is it?

Mine is 16'x10'. Cost two and a half grand. They had it up in 3 hours

The one I built is 14' long x 10' wide and cost €850 for the timber, felt and screws. I used 6x2 timber for the base and 4x2 for the frame. It's rock solid.
    Built it in 3 days on my ownio. I've a weights bench, punching bag and can fit the bike and rollers in there too but I've currently got the latter set up in the house as I can keep an eye on my kids/help with home schooling while on the rollers. Would have built it bigger but was constrained by the metal shed on one side, trampoline on the other and the garden in front.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

The one I built is 14' long x 10' wide

That is a deceptive photo it looks like a 6x6 box. Nice build though

• Advertisement

Like iwillhtfu said, very deceptive picture, I would have said 6x8 max.

I really couldn't see the dimensions your giving in that photo. There's a 4" block in the centre, it's 16" long. There's space from left to right for about four and a half blocks, which would be 72", an overall width of 6'...

There's a 18x12 metal shed on one side and a 16ft trampoline on the other side. Maybe that's why it looks "small"???? Trust me, I built the thing and I know how big it is! :)

There's a 18x12 metal shed on one side and a 16ft trampoline on the other side. Maybe that's why it looks "small"???? Trust me, I built the thing and I know how big it is! :)

Well, you can't really see the dimensions of the shed, or the trampoline, but like you said you built it. Fair play, because I couldn't get timber and materials at the price you got them, it's why I went with a shed company in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Mine landed today too. Much needed cheer here!

How are finding it? I’m just getting used to the different setup to garmin but so far I’m liking it. The touchscreen is far better than garmin I think. Just wondering, the WiFi on mine seems to turn itself on every time I turn the unit on do you know of a way to stop that? Just thinking in terms of battery use.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

542987.jpg

Where did ya get the shed?

Where did ya get the shed?

http://www.obrientimberproducts.com/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

my mistral arrived in the post this morning, and now it's too warm to wear it...
    it's shorter in the front than i'd expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Would that be the Mistral pro 2? Thinking about pulling the trigger myself.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

rushfan wrote: »
    Would that be the Mistral pro 2? Thinking about pulling the trigger myself.
    According to their site, they won't be shipping until Wed the 17th

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yep, was the original mistral.
    the handwritten postcard 'ride safe (mb's real name)' was a small, but nice touch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Gore Shakedry C5 replacing the Mavic version which I ordered but didn't take to aesthetically for some reason. Shipped from Alltricks within 12h of ordering

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

my mistral arrived in the post this morning, and now it's too warm to wear it...
    it's shorter in the front than i'd expected.

It appears short when you try it on but no bunching while cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

yep, was the original mistral.
    the handwritten postcard 'ride safe (mb's real name)' was a small, but nice touch.

Cheers, I pulled the trigger anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Gore Shakedry C5 replacing the Mavic version which I ordered but didn't take to aesthetically for some reason. Shipped from Alltricks within 12h of ordering
    "Your parcel has been delivered to the Pickup parcelshop you specified"

Except I didn't specify any parcelshop, didn't get any email, and there is no way to track it on the website.

Thanks, DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Anyone any idea if stock of shimano groupsets should start to come back on stream anytime soon?

Not too many options for an ultegra di2 group at the moment, and no great discounts to be had....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭joey100

End of March/April is best I have seen anywhere. Wouldn't expect any great deals either with stock the way it is.

Was waiting on and just got delivered, chamois cream (couldn't be got locally!), bartape and my new muc off pressure washer. Needed one for the garden anyway so convinced myself it was better to buy one I could use on the bikes too.

joey100 wrote: »
    End of March/April is best I have seen anywhere. Wouldn't expect any great deals either with stock the way it is.

Was waiting on and just got delivered, chamois cream (couldn't be got locally!), bartape and my new muc off pressure washer. Needed one for the garden anyway so convinced myself it was better to buy one I could use on the bikes too.

I think those muc off power washers are lower pressure than normal power washers. I don't know if they'd be up to the job of, say, cleaning a patio

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭nilhg

Arrived this morning, my Masaka cycling club jersey, lovely bit of kit, bought it to support a fundraiser helping a cycling club in Uganda having got a gentle nudge from the folks at Galibier towers.

https://www.masakacyclingclub.com/jersey-fundraiser

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Not in the post but I collected this today.

544360.jpg

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm generally more into running than cycling, usually I've just cycled for commuting with the odd longer spin on weekends when there is good weather.

Unfortunately I've been laid low with a fairly significant injury which has meant no running for a long while. I've spent around €250 getting the bike upgraded, replacing old parts or whatever. New Rear Wheel, Cassette, Chain, Chainring and so on.

I've also picked up a cheap turbo trainer from adverts, so am now just waiting on a spare rear wheel and cassette so I can set it up properly.

I'd been hoping for a new bike but my company won't deal with Decathlon and the places they will deal with don't really have any stock so I've elected to update the current bike to make it suitable for the next 6-12 months.

Hopefully I'll be up and running on the trainer early next week.

Advertisement