Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Think the winter bike will be staying on the turbo a while longer (so no need for shimano parts for it's long overdue service!), so a third vacmaster on the way for the mancave. This one for my back. Having to go via amazon this time as cleva not sending to the EU as things stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

Just heard that my my pair of continental Gp5000 are ready for collection in Eurocycles.com had almost forgotten about them. Have a set of Zipp 302 clinchers in a basket... will probably pull the trigger today .....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

The tubs ordered for my good wheels are finally on the way. Brexit and a supplier being a flute means I'm waiting 8 weeks now. Wasn't in a hurry for them but jaysis like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Anyone get their new Galibier Mistral Pro 2 yet? checking the postbox patiently each day since Friday :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Decided to go for the Restrap Top Tube Bag and their Frame Bag as I wasn't happy with the typical amazon quality.

Just arrived today, can't wait for the 5km limit to lift to load up for a long spin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Not a sausage. Whats the craic since brexit. Increased prices? Delays?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Decided to go for the Restrap Top Tube Bag and their Frame Bag as I wasn't happy with the typical amazon quality.

Just arrived today, can't wait for the 5km limit to lift to load up for a long spin.

I think you may need new tyres as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

loyatemu wrote: »
    I think you may need new tyres as well...

1500kms on them. They are the Giant own brand Pr3's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

adrian522 wrote: »
    I'm generally more into running than cycling, usually I've just cycled for commuting with the odd longer spin on weekends when there is good weather.

Unfortunately I've been laid low with a fairly significant injury which has meant no running for a long while. I've spent around €250 getting the bike upgraded, replacing old parts or whatever. New Rear Wheel, Cassette, Chain, Chainring and so on.

I've also picked up a cheap turbo trainer from adverts, so am now just waiting on a spare rear wheel and cassette so I can set it up properly.

I'd been hoping for a new bike but my company won't deal with Decathlon and the places they will deal with don't really have any stock so I've elected to update the current bike to make it suitable for the next 6-12 months.

Hopefully I'll be up and running on the trainer early next week.

Possible silver lining in this is that you'll either get the bug (back?) and have a much better idea of what you are looking to buy when stock available again or don't get the bug and won't have a shiny 1500 quid bike sitting in a shed.....

To keep on topic, I've a new frame on the way, ordered before realising that a groupset is not as easy to find as normal at the moment....

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

thekooman wrote: »
    Anyone get their new Galibier Mistral Pro 2 yet? checking the postbox patiently each day since Friday :-)

Likewise, nothing yet but hopefully before the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Favero Assioma DUO Power Meter Pedals...

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Arrived this morning, very impressed. Might take it for a spin.

rushfan wrote: »
    Arrived this morning, very impressed. Might take it for a spin.

.... off i run now to check the postbox.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Quick

Got mine this morning. Excellent jacket and price!!

.... off i run now to check the postbox.... :D
    not here yet :(

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I shouldn't really say anything as it will only reduce the odds for me but I see on the Galibier FB page that they're giving away three Mistral Pro jackets on Friday night if you like their post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

I shouldn't really say anything as it will only reduce the odds for me but I see on the Galibier FB page that they're giving away three Mistral Pro jackets on Friday night if you like their post.

I'm not on Facebook. Would somebody like the post for me, and if you win, you can just pm me, and I'll send on my address

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Getting a replacement set of these mirrors. The originals are scratched and one of the bar plugs damaged. I had them for commuting years ago and now I just like them..
    Makes me work a bit harder if I can see someone catching me...

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/accessories/sprintech-racing-road-mirrors-black/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

A MilkIt tubeless kit from AllTricks.
    Continuing my adventures in converting all bikes to tubeless. It was that or replace the bikes. New wheels are easier to sneak into the house

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Leg warmers from Galibier to replace a set i ripped in a minor crash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

Had a pleasant surprise today when mtb bits from chain reaction i ordered on saturday showed up, quicker than it was before brexit.

dahat wrote: »
    Leg warmers from Galibier to replace a set i ripped in a minor crash.

Next day delivery for these.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Galibier long sleeve jersey and toe covers.

I have a Munster 1/2 zip that works nicely as a cycling jersey but doesn't have pockets on the back and a proper cycling jersey will be better all round. I had posted in this forum for long sleeve recommendations, the Galibier one is orange, nothing inspiring but you can't go wrong with their gear so I ordered it. (also thinking that I'll own a few long sleeve jerseys as time goes on....)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Topeak Tubibooster tank and right angled threaded adaptor.
    Front tubeless tyre popped on deceptively easily, rear is a pig

Looks like I’ll have my new bike by mid month, I don’t get new bike day too often so pretty excited waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Anyone know likely import costs of a bicycle frame from the UK? Bought duty free..... (related to this thread..... Its in the post)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭JMcL

Pair of Galibier Mistral tights as almost all my current ones are starting to show the signs of age. Also a pair of leg warmers now that the weather's getting a bit warmer - I've never gotten along that well with the Decathlon ones I've used in the past so want to see if these are better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭joey100

New pair of rapha bib shorts, in my endless search for a pair of bib shorts that I actually find comfortable these are the next ones to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

Just received 2 saddles from CRC. Hopefully one of them will resolve my saddle sore issues.

• Advertisement

Just received 2 saddles from CRC. Hopefully one of them will resolve my saddle sore issues.
    and bibs aren't loose? I was wearing bibs too big before and after a bike fit with Aidan Hammond moved 2 sizes down. not a saddle sore in 3 years. bibs should uncomfortable standing up in them.

I also had leg length issues but feel bibs too big was main issue.

Advertisement