Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

thekooman wrote: »
    and bibs aren't loose? I was wearing bibs too big before and after a bike fit with Aidan Hammond moved 2 sizes down. not a saddle sore in 3 years. bibs should uncomfortable standing up in them.

I also had leg length issues but feel bibs too big was main issue.

I actually thought some of my bibs were too small. But I have a selection of castelli/decathlon and galibier. Also I do a lot of powerlifting so my thighs are pretty chunky. I struggled to get smaller tights up high enough.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Anyone know likely import costs of a bicycle frame from the UK? Bought duty free..... (related to this thread..... Its in the post)

VAT + customs duty, it can add quite a chunk on. I am surprised someone up North hasn't set up a click and collect or repost service up North yet.

Off the top of my head (and wildly inaccurate) if the price you have now is just the item and shipping, add roughly 35% to the total. Based on experience and it would depend on alot of things but you have VAT 23%, Customs (maybe 12%), handling charge dependent on courier.

BB installation and removal tool. I made one before but I only managed to get half my PF30 out with it. Hopefully this works.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

A clatter of summer socks arrived from CRC today. Now I'm waiting for suitable weather to arrive - tracking website says it won't be arriving this week :o

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

crosstownk wrote: »
    A clatter of summer socks arrived from CRC today. Now I'm waiting for suitable weather to arrive - tracking website says it won't be arriving this week :o
    The package won't be arriving this week or the suitable weather? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The package won't be arriving this week or the suitable weather? :pac:

The weather, unfortunately!

I cracked after selling one of my bikes last week, it was calling for me to spend it. A rake of tubes, headset spacers, brake pads and a new chainring to turn my CX bike into a commuter that can keep up when I have a tail wind, which now that I mention it, never actually happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

CramCycle wrote: »
    VAT + customs duty, it can add quite a chunk on. I am surprised someone up North hasn't set up a click and collect or repost service up North yet.

Off the top of my head (and wildly inaccurate) if the price you have now is just the item and shipping, add roughly 35% to the total. Based on experience and it would depend on alot of things but you have VAT 23%, Customs (maybe 12%), handling charge dependent on courier.

Ah yeah grand (well, horrendous, but totally reasonable and to be expected)... Was just wondering was there some bloody quirk where bicycles were subject to some exceptional and fantastic charges.

Have a lovely frame on the way (overdue a few weeks now) but struggling to find a groupset for less than silly money. Might just throw the frame in the shed for 12 or 24 months until things go back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

First time purchase of Castelli gear. Pulled the trigger on a pair of Castelli Entrata bib-shorts. If they fit, I'll buy another pair.

After having an expensive pair of shorts unceremoniously cut off in hospital, I've since relied on decent, yet affordable DHB shorts from Wiggle. They do the job but have been coming up a bit short in the legs recently. I'll keep them for the cooler/winter weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

Garmin 530 bundle on the way so now I can pass the 520 to the young lad and move on his 510 to a new home, also some socks, tubes and helmet coming, next will be the garmin external battery pack for some really long summer spins

• Advertisement

velo.2010 wrote: »
    After having an expensive pair of shorts unceremoniously cut off in hospital,
    What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

What happened?
    A broken leg some years back.

I'd add, I did have club kit for a number of years as well as the DHB gear.

I've always heard good things about Castelli gear, so I hope this pair fits!

- Clamp Bolt for cranks as I rounded the ones on my new crankset somehow and want to swap them before I one day find I can't.
    - Disc Brake Pads - changed my order to Jagwire ones, so hopefully they work OK.
    - Handlebar Mount for Sport Camera CM-1000 - hoping it works with my Fly 12, I have a cheap one from AliExpress but its got to much wobble and this looks exactly like the official fly12 one.
    - Socks - needed something brighter
    Endura-Jagged-Socken-tangerine-37-42-78644-378906-1615800705.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Elite Suito turbo trainer, very excited.
    And throwing in a shameless plug for the Tacx basic TT that I'm selling- link

• Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Dedicated MTB gloves from Endura because I've been using road gloves since I bought a hardtail last month.

A Muc-Off puncture plug repair kit, and spare disc pads & chain powerlink to carry with me on the trail.

And a new bottle cage as the paint on the one that came with the bike is peeling and it's also scratching my bottles.

All purchases from Bike24.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Look Keo Classic Black & White pedals and a Look celeste midnight blue jersey as my basket looked lonely :D Both from Alltricks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

2 x continental gp5000 tubeless tires.

Tire bead jack to mount the tires onto the rims.

Muc off hydrodynamic lube.

ordered from Mantel, very fast shipping. ordered around 17:30 yesterday. Got a mail at 20:00 to say the order is shipped.

incidentally although none are in stock at the moment they are asking e3999 for the 2021 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 1 Disc. There's a shop near me asking e4800 for the same thing.

Has anybody seen it cheaper than that online?

Bored here so ended up buying some stuff (as you do)!
    Tifosi Podium XC Crystal Blue glasses
    2 Vittoria Corsa G2.0 tyres
    105 Cassette & Sram Chain
    All from bike24 but I won't see any of it for 6-7 weeks because the cassette is out of stock (but I'm not in any rush).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭youtheman

Ordered me dream bike (Specialized Roubaix Di2 hyd disc brake) from Bike24 when I saw it was 25% off. Looking forward to see how the headset mounted shock adsorbed works (hate when my hand go numb and I can't change gears).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

who_ru wrote: »
    2 x continental gp5000 tubeless tires.

Tire bead jack to mount the tires onto the rims.

Muc off hydrodynamic lube.

ordered from Mantel, very fast shipping. ordered around 17:30 yesterday. Got a mail at 20:00 to say the order is shipped.

incidentally although none are in stock at the moment they are asking e3999 for the 2021 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 1 Disc. There's a shop near me asking e4800 for the same thing.

Has anybody seen it cheaper than that online?
    I bought a 2020 TCR Advanced Pro One last May. At the time, the Irish RRP was a few hundred euros higher than the European one. Incidentally, RRP was 4800, but last year's model had Ultegra Di2 not mechanical. Got it for just over 4000 from a French shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

Zipp 302 rim brake clincher wheelset
    Pair of Gp5000 tyres and tubes.
    Only ordered a.m. and apparently packed and dispatched to UPS by p.m.
    We shall see ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

^^ Nice.

Where did you buy?

MojoMaker wrote: »
    ^^ Nice.

Where did you buy?

Mantel for the lot, €1,302 , and remembered that i had a spare hardly used 105 cassette for it.

Sweet. Great wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Smart TT arrived yesterday, now just waiting impatiently for the 11 speed 11-32 cassette to arrive. (God, cassettes are hard to find!)

Stick any old 11spd cassette on there in the meantime, won't matter a whit.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

Oh jesus I've just gone and done it,,,, I've ordered a Bianchi Oltre Xr3 from bike24!!!

secman wrote: »
    Zipp 302 rim brake clincher wheelset
    Pair of Gp5000 tyres and tubes.
    Only ordered a.m. and apparently packed and dispatched to UPS by p.m.
    We shall see ?

Wheels arrived just now, only ordered them on Monday morning :)
    Tyres and tubes still in transit, ordered minutes after the wheels !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Work bonus paid...

Bike paid for.
    Wheeslet paid for.
    Club gear ordered.
    Usual monthly bits ordered.

Bonus all gone!!!!

Now it's a waiting game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,388 ✭✭✭Macy0161

GRX 2x10 Crankset and GRX front derailleur. Banking them now while available for the gravel bike, but still a few bits to get before I attempt/ pay someone to change over. There's a weight saving compared to the FSA cranks, but want to move a hollowtech2 4iiii powermeter over to it.

A bit unnecessary, but the sums look a lot better compared to the garmin spd power meter pedals!

Advertisement