Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Macy0161 wrote: »
    GRX 2x10 Crankset and GRX front derailleur. Banking them now while available for the gravel bike, but still a few bits to get before I attempt/ pay someone to change over. There's a weight saving compared to the FSA cranks, but want to move a hollowtech2 4iiii powermeter over to it.

A bit unnecessary, but the sums look a lot better compared to the garmin spd power meter pedals!
    Same here, have the 4iiii Ultegra dual sided on back order, it is a waiting game and the seller offered me a good price on a 105 single side but it will always annoy me so am going to wait it out. For my €750 I'll get a new crankset, new chainrings, and I can take off one side and have a single sided on two bikes if I want (my other bike is GRX, it will offset the Q factor but not enough to concern me). Or I could have the Garmin SPD SL >€1000 then another €200 for the SPD bodies. Garmin are mental with those prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Been tracking the GRX crankset for a few months, this week's check they were actually back in stock! TrainerRoad saying that Adaptive Training will take into account outdoor rides (in the foreseeable) gave me the justification.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Bonus paid today too and I'm restraining myself. That said if I don't buy something I'll blow it on something I can't hide.
    So, new brake cable set, cable cutter and inline QR brake cable adjuster from CRC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Been tracking the GRX crankset for a few months, this week's check they were actually back in stock! TrainerRoad saying that Adaptive Training will take into account outdoor rides (in the foreseeable) gave me the justification.

GRX is a nightmare to find at the moment, I've been looking for a GRX 812 RD all year and still can't get one

Well the 10 speed stuff hasn't been around, so hopefully this is a sign of things of all things Shimano getting back into supply. I was looking since the Autumn. I forgot the Bottom Bracket, so that's in the post too, from CRC - slower from UK than Bike24, albeit free post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭secman

Pair of Continental Gp5000 and conti tubes arrived this morning €88 on Mantel, €67 for one tyre in CSS !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Nothing....frantically looking to see what I need/want.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,775 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Pink cycling socks.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭cletus

A bag of 50 multi coloured cable ends, and a one handed cable puller pliers thing.

Both coming from Ali Express. Both probably stuck on the Suez canal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

cletus wrote: »
    A bag of 50 multi coloured cable ends, and a one handed cable puller pliers thing.

Both coming from Ali Express. Both probably stuck on the Suez canal

They call them a third hand. Very handy indeed ;)

• Advertisement

Has anyone used Bikeinn recently? I've seen bad reviews in the past, but I have been desperately searching for a GRX 812 RD since Christmas, and they are telling me that I could have it between 6 & 7 April. Not in stock anywhere else, and expected delivery after summer in many places

Has anyone used Bikeinn recently? I've seen bad reviews in the past, but I have been desperately searching for a GRX 812 RD since Christmas, and they are telling me that I could have it between 6 & 7 April. Not in stock anywhere else, and expected delivery after summer in many places

I've used them a good bit in the past and it can be hit and miss. When they have stock and ship it I've had no issues but the odd time I've bought something and it either hasn't shipped and I've been refunded or they've part shipped and cancelled and refunded the rest. I've never lost money but both times they didn't bother telling me the order wasn't going to happen. I only noticed when I was refunded.
    Maybe drop them a line to confirm the stock really is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ridelikeaturtle

A Shimano Altus FD-M313 front derailleur (Bike24, Germany), and a pair of Shimano M315 3x8 shifters (AliExpress, China). Apparently the shifters have landed in Ireland, which to me is great as I only ordered them on the 22nd.

We'll see what arrives this week!

We'll see what arrives this week!
    I'm 2 weeks and waiting since "arrived in the country" notification for a (non-cycling*) ali order.

*well a coffee grinder, so kinda!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭devonp

they sometime supply from outside the EU and therefore you can end up paying import duties & VAT etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

A set of SPD cleats.. The left one has finally worn out. Put them on the shoes in 2011 from new. Shoes are still going strong...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I ordered runners from their last year with no issues. I just put in an order for a 530 with them too so will see how it goes. Put it on the credit card so I can charge back if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Just ordered some Siroko glasses and a jacket. I wanted a gilet, but they had none in my size. The arm on my cheap chinese glasses just broke, so I need new ones. Don't really need the jacket, but I want to see what their gear is like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Saw Siroko mentioned on the Clothing 101 thread the other day and liked the look of some of their jersey designs. Nearly placed an order but decided to hold off at the last minute. Got a text later on offering me a further 10% off if I completed the purchase that evening. Fell for it and delivery is due tomorrow.
    https://www.siroko.com/products/colorado-maillot-cycling

Arrived via DHL as promised. Looks good and probably the most aero M fit I've got! Looking forward to trying it out in a couple of weeks as my OH nabbed it as her birthday present to me. Hopefully we'll have the freedom of the county by then.

Saw Siroko mentioned on the Clothing 101 thread the other day and liked the look of some of their jersey designs. Nearly placed an order but decided to hold off at the last minute. Got a text later on offering me a further 10% off if I completed the purchase that evening. Fell for it and delivery is due tomorrow.
    https://www.siroko.com/products/colorado-maillot-cycling

Cool. I got 10% off using a link from trace velo via youtube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,386 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

2 Cannondale Flaschenhalter

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I'm 2 weeks and waiting since "arrived in the country" notification for a (non-cycling*) ali order.

*well a coffee grinder, so kinda!

That arrived in country notification is normally that it's actually in the netherlands or belgium.

I've used them a good bit in the past and it can be hit and miss. When they have stock and ship it I've had no issues but the odd time I've bought something and it either hasn't shipped and I've been refunded or they've part shipped and cancelled and refunded the rest. I've never lost money but both times they didn't bother telling me the order wasn't going to happen. I only noticed when I was refunded.
    Maybe drop them a line to confirm the stock really is there?
    I gave the Bikeinn chat a try to see if it was really in stock. My mind was made up after about 30 seconds of chatting.

I gave the link to the page (on their own site) of the item I was looking for, to which they said they need the item number. There is no number anywhere on the page so I used the exact item name copy pasted. They still said they needed a number, I copied a number from the web address.

Answer was "not in stock" in a computer says no type of way, even though they were talking about the wrong version. After this short exchange I said better off ordering elsewhere, will likely avoid in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭philten

Pirelli P Zero TLR from mantel to go on my zipp 303 s wheels. 28c.

Tried some Bontrager R3 TLR but not a hope of setting up tubeless on the hookless rims.

I gave the Bikeinn chat a try to see if it was really in stock. My mind was made up after about 30 seconds of chatting.

I gave the link to the page (on their own site) of the item I was looking for, to which they said they need the item number. There is no number anywhere on the page so I used the exact item name copy pasted. They still said they needed a number, I copied a number from the web address.

Answer was "not in stock" in a computer says no type of way, even though they were talking about the wrong version. After this short exchange I said better off ordering elsewhere, will likely avoid in the future

I ordered from them yesterday, out of interest was it a Garmin 530 you were interested in just so I know what to expect?

I ordered a Garmin 530 from Depor Village earlier today and it is on the way.
    Another Spanish outfit but 2 out of 2 orders so far have been on the money

I ordered a Garmin 530 from Depor Village earlier today and it is on the way.
    Another Spanish outfit but 2 out of 2 orders so far have been on the money

I was getting nervous after hearing reviews even though I’ve ordered from run inn before. Mine has also shipped at the same price as Depor. Even got a photo of the package leaving and could check my postage address etc was correct (had issues with that before elsewhere)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

New bb for the gravel bike and a new headset for the race bike. A new bb adapter, headset press and quick link removal pliers, tool collection is coming on nicely.
    I'm going to tackle the headset myself, the famous Ai70 from canyon pre 2016. It was hard enough to get the spare parts but managed to get directly from acros

I ordered from them yesterday, out of interest was it a Garmin 530 you were interested in just so I know what to expect?
    No it was a GRX 812 rear derailleur, out of stock everywhere and I have been looking since Christmas. They were saying delivered next week so I was just a bit suspicious whether or not this was true.

• Advertisement

My Siroko kit I ordered 2 days ago arrived today.
    The jacket looks impressively warm and the fit is good. The glasses feel comfortable and the photochromic function is better than the old ones they are replacing.
    Very impressed so far!

Advertisement