Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Am waiting on padded shorts, the ones i have are only cheap ones and offer little comfort so any cycle over 50 minutes and I start suffering. Hopefully they will do the job and my legs give up before my nether regions!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

Ordered myself some Chinese carbon wheels. So hopefully they 1. Are not pieces of **** and 2. Don’t take all year to arrive.

But the parts shortage is definitely real. Ordering chain, cassette, rotors etc. Really not a lot of stock going around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Lezyne floor pump from alltricks
    My Joe Blow Sport died after 9 years
    The Lezyne has a fancy pants connector plus it is shiny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

New 11sp cassette and chain for the 'good' bike. Went with CRC as they had them in stock and don't have to worry about shipping & customs nonsense.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Picked up a new bike today on the bike to work scheme...

https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=152512

Ordered some clipless pedals and shoes today after spending the whole evening researching them :)

Went with shoes from Decathlon and a set of Shimano PD-ES600 SPD from bike 24.

Also waiting on a fairly extensive order from Decathlon, that seems to be taking forever...Tubes, shorts, 2 jerseys, phone mount....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

adrian522 wrote: »

Ordered some clipless pedals and shoes today after spending the whole evening researching them :)

Also waiting on a fairly extensive order from Decathlon, that seems to be taking forever...Tubes, shorts, 2 jerseys, phone mount....

Best of luck with the bike, mine is the same, just 2019! I recently ordered running tights from Decathlon, IIRC they took almost a month to arrive, as they're sent from France as opposed to Ballymun.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

That Decathlon package arrived this morning ! Now just waiting on shoes and pedals.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭TheHouseIRL

In the final stretch of waiting for my new Ribble Endurance SL Disc bike, after a (fairly reasonable, all things considered) 3 month wait. It's made it through customs, so just waiting on the VAT and import duty bill.

Hoping the spins on my 16kg, hub geared, flat bar commuter have given me a decent base!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Ordered the following this morning from Bike24, all in stock and 4-7 days deliver:

Park Tool CN-10 Cable and Housing Cutter
    Jagwire Road Elite Sealed Brake - Braking Cable Set
    Jagwire Road & Mountain 2X Elite Sealed Shift Cable Set

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I bought a set of Mavic Ksyrium Elites off a boardsie and he had them picked up by GLS last Monday.
    They're now sitting in the GLS parcel depot since Tuesday.
    It will probably be Tuesday at the earliest when I see them. I'm fed up on how slow they are taking to get something from Mayo. According to Google maps, I could have walked there and back and had a few days hols in the time it has taken the courier so far :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

It's not just couriers, though. An Post are the same. I know that packages have increased, but this is just a straight up error.

549180.jpg

It's the second time this has happened to me. First time my package was sent to Cork, before being sent back to Dublin, and then sent to me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

My concerns over Bike Inn alleviated, Garmin 530 and some pedal plates arrived today safe and sound, would have been good to have the maps function the last few weeks while exploring the hills. I've been using an old Garmin 310xt watch as a head unit for years now but it finally died owing me nothing. Hopefully will find doing planned sessions a bit easier with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

Squirt lube

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

shoes covers from Galibier. peanut butter, tube and Topeak multitool with chain breaker from CRC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

My concerns over Bike Inn alleviated, Garmin 530 and some pedal plates arrived today safe and sound, would have been good to have the maps function the last few weeks while exploring the hills. I've been using an old Garmin 310xt watch as a head unit for years now but it finally died owing me nothing. Hopefully will find doing planned sessions a bit easier with this.

Snap. Got mine yesterday. Took it for a test spin this morning. The odd start/stop button location will take a hell of a lot of getting used to

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Funny to see peanut butter considered cycling related :). I got 10kg of it yesterday from one of those protein sites.

I'm also waiting on 10 speed sram red stuff from my friendly neighbourhood supplier. It's hard to get a hold of now, so whatever he has that's fallen down the back of the couch to keep my ten-speed stable relevant. Have a Red wi-fli rear derailleur, a red 11:32 and a chain coming, all to go on my R5 to try and dilute the 39:53 gearing up front.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Peanut butter and coffee are definitely cycling related. Took deliver of a flair manual espresso maker yesterday, and i'm nearly though my new years supply of peanut butter.

Need to get a new Sram red rear derailleur myself for the 10 speed. Cant find one

Weepsie wrote: »
    Peanut butter and coffee are definitely cycling related. Took deliver of a flair manual espresso maker yesterday, and i'm nearly though my new years supply of peanut butter.

Need to get a new Sram red rear derailleur myself for the 10 speed. Cant find one

Bike 24 have them. https://www.bike24.com/p228913.html

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

Just about in the post....was down to 1 pair of bib shorts (had winter tights) but needed a second pair. My go to brand is getting some new stock in but there was no date available as to when so I started shopping around. Found a pair on discount on de Marchi (I wouldn't be paying full price). Anyway they didn't have my size, I queried the size chart and said a Large probably would be too big. They came back this morning after finding a Medium pair that was returned before and offered it to me at half price. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Should've precursed that with "in my price range. In fairness, I did get the bike with groupset on the bike for a super price brand new.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭joey100

A Selle Italia SLR boost superflow saddle and a pair of Ultegra pedals for a new build. Wheels have been bought already earlier in the year. Frameset with integrated bar and stem should also be in the post in a week or so, just waiting on confirmation of a part that needed to be ordered in extra. I'll add that to this thread when it's actually in the post!

Now if shimano could just sort out their groupset production that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

Orange R9 frame set
    Bag of haribos

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Black Cloud

Rear light, bib shorts and jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/prime-doyenne-aero-handlebar/rp-prod187394

Aero handlebars for 60 quid for my 2020 defy advanced 2. More for comfort than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ridelikeaturtle

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I'm 2 weeks and waiting since "arrived in the country" notification for a (non-cycling*) ali order.

*well a coffee grinder, so kinda!

I'm still waiting for those Shimano M315 shifters (since 1 April's "accepted by last mile carrier" notification). The FD-M313 front der from Bike24 (Germany - which was ordered after) has arrived.

I'll probably leave the house for 10 mins on Mon/Tues/Wed to drop a letter to the post box, and will miss the delivery LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭wijam

I'm on a Facebook page for Mallorca cycling, although only been out there a few times, but seen a couple had to close their bike shop, so selling their stuff online, https://mycyclecloset.com/shop, some decent gear although postage does have to be paid, ended up ordering

3 * Bandana's (it's a bald thing :))
    1 * Shimano Bib Shorts
    1 * Pearl Izumi Bib Shorts
    2 * Pearl Izumi gloves
    1 * Shimano RC7 Road Shoes
    2 * Shimano Shoe Covers

Think they are hoping to open up a shop later on in the year in Alcudia, so hope to pop my head in and say hello next Easter when I'm over as they are great to deal with

adrian522 wrote: »

Pedals arrived Monday, Shoes finally arrived today. Now all I need is the tools needed for changing pedals :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

An electric bike. Taking its sweet time with road freight from Germany...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

DaveyDave wrote: »
    An electric bike. Taking its sweet time with road freight from Germany...
    They can only do 25kmph so you have to accept it might take awhile to get from Germany

Advertisement