Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭joey100

Unplanned spend on a new rear di2 derailleur. Older one just gave up. Diagnostics have been ran and it doesn't even register on the system so it's truly dead. Bit of a pain, had been looking at putting dura ace on the new frame but with the cost of replacing ultegra being high enough I don't think I could spend the additional on dura ace if a part broke. I've had few bikes with di2 over the last 7 years and this is the first replacement part I have had to buy so can't complain too much.

Then to treat myself for the unexpected spend I spent more money. And for something bit different I got one of these, https://www.albioncycling.com/product/burner-black/ , a fancy alternative to newspaper. I start a lot of my spins early in the morning and can be cold setting out but after an hour or two it warms up and I'm roasting, I run a bit hot anyway. Hoping this will help with that, folds up nice and small and will keep the wind off early in the morning without being bulky or needing extra space to store when I heat up.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Finally after months of deliberation, and deciding, then changing my mind, procrastinating, and then more procrastination, I finally pulled the trigger on three pairs of Galibier Mistral Bibshorts.
    That must surely mean that summer is just around the corner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

CramCycle wrote: »
    They can only do 25kmph so you have to accept it might take awhile to get from Germany

Good point, I'll be patient so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

While not in the post, my topeak mid-loader frame bag is a few steps closer, thanks to Weepsie, who was, by all accounts, a pleasure to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Fulcrum Wind 40c Carbon Wheelset! You can never have too many wheels!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Fulcrum Wind 40c Carbon Wheelset! You can never have too many wheels!

Where from? Muchos bargainous? :)

I got a pair of shorts and mitts from Galibier.cc for the first time. I've been admiring their gear online for ages and went to buy a number of times and either got confused with their range and hierarchy of shorts or they were out of stock in my size or something. This time I went to buy their energie bibs, but they were out of Mediums. I emailed them to recommend their best alternative and they said their slightly dearer equipes were the job and offered me free socks as a salve. The all arrived yesterday. Beautifully packaged and presented I must say, very impressed. Just have to test them out now and subject them to my feet, hands and a$$, respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭jamesd

joey100 wrote: »
    Unplanned spend on a new rear di2 derailleur. Older one just gave up. Diagnostics have been ran and it doesn't even register on the system so it's truly dead. Bit of a pain, had been looking at putting dura ace on the new frame but with the cost of replacing ultegra being high enough I don't think I could spend the additional on dura ace if a part broke. I've had few bikes with di2 over the last 7 years and this is the first replacement part I have had to buy so can't complain too much.

Then to treat myself for the unexpected spend I spent more money. And for something bit different I got one of these, https://www.albioncycling.com/product/burner-black/ , a fancy alternative to newspaper. I start a lot of my spins early in the morning and can be cold setting out but after an hour or two it warms up and I'm roasting, I run a bit hot anyway. Hoping this will help with that, folds up nice and small and will keep the wind off early in the morning without being bulky or needing extra space to store when I heat up.

Need to keep out of this thread - purchased the burner too.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

Couldn't find a new cassette for love or money. So decided to take a punt on one from AliExpress. Shimano, not Chinese own brand. Arrived today 3 weeks later. Not in proper packaging but looks legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

byrnem31 wrote: »
    https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/prime-doyenne-aero-handlebar/rp-prod187394

Aero handlebars for 60 quid for my 2020 defy advanced 2. More for comfort than anything else.

How you finding this?

I stuck one on a new build, have only done 100km on it but not liking it. Don't hate it but don't like it, I'll give it another few hundred km before making up my mind, but so far,

Probably me being stupid but no way to have the top cap aero (as per its design) without going against my frame instructions which are to leave 3mm or so on top of the stem.... Having an aero install would require cutting below the top of the stem (this is probably just a general issue, not specific to these?),

No spacers supplied and none available to purchase, I'm planning to keep a little bit of space under the stem, it's be nice to have the top cap style as a spacer underneath,

It's heavy (I knew that) but disproportionately so to rest of bike and bars are dying to swing to the sides all the time (when stationary!),

In the hoods it's same as any other bar, but not keen on the drops, don't like the feel of having hands on the top at all, I've big hands but don't feel overly confident holding on with one hand while reaching into Jersey pocket for stuff etc... (I'm not a nervous type and have never noticed this before),

The internal routing is fairly pointless for the way I've set it up anyway and I can feel the cables under the bar as they are lose /not wrapped at the point they go from the stem area into the entry recess in the bar....

Anyway, that all sounds more negative than it is, they are OK I suppose.....

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

A copy of Training + Racing with a power meter

Bib shorts and a cap, socks, jersey from Victory Chimp

Also in the market for new wheels

As an aside I need to find a way to get cycling related products delivered without my missus seeing or at this rate I will be divorced :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

See Sense ICON 2 lights. I have a 3 year old rear See Sense light and having just got the Beam + I thought this was the worthy upgrade

fat bloke wrote: »
    Where from? Muchos bargainous? :)

I got a pair of shorts and mitts from Galibier.cc for the first time. I've been admiring their gear online for ages and went to buy a number of times and either got confused with their range and hierarchy of shorts or they were out of stock in my size or something. This time I went to buy their energie bibs, but they were out of Mediums. I emailed them to recommend their best alternative and they said their slightly dearer equipes were the job and offered me free socks as a salve. The all arrived yesterday. Beautifully packaged and presented I must say, very impressed. Just have to test them out now and subject them to my feet, hands and a$$, respectively.

Bike24. Got an email from them today to tell me that the Campagnolo wheelset was no longer in stock, so I had to "settle" for the Shimano freehub set!
    They were a bargain in that they are a lot cheaper than Zipp 303's and I already have an older set of fulcrum's so I can buy spare wheel bearings in bulk!

07Lapierre wrote: »
    so I can buy spare wheel bearings in bulk!

Where can you buy bearings in bulk at a reasonable price please?? Bike24?

wheelo01 wrote: »
    Where can you buy bearings in bulk at a reasonable price please?? Bike24?

I buy them in Dickson Bearings in Finglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Butrosity

A Burls custom Titanium frame and Redshift kitchen sink handlebars.. really quite excited for this build

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭oisinog

I really hope this is in the post to my LBS

EmondaALR5Disc_21_24166_B_Portrait?wid=1200

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Met Manta black helmet from Sigma Sports to go with new black bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Broke my hanger, new one en route with GLS surface. Taking its time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭ratracer

Headset and bearings ordered from Alltricks.com on the way, also a pressfit BB tool from Bearing Pro Tools.

One bike needs the headset, the other needs the BB replaced, after which I hope the only creaking is coming from myself :)

Found my 105 11 speed cassette on Amazon for just over 50 euro, I had looked a couple of weeks ago, and it was up to 100.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

- shimano disc brake pads - birzman disc brake caliper alignment tool (no more rubbing)- a pair of socks from Vaude

bike24

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Bought some mudguards for the road ebike and managed to find a 105 50 tooth chainring on Mantel, everywhere else is due end of next month. Now my carbon bike won't be collecting dust for the next month!

Toppeak saddle bag as recommended in the bargains thread

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

A new pair of Oakley Jawbreakers

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭devonp

BB bearings and PF86 cups for the UT crankset, Chorus, from Bike24

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Dura Ace 160mm rotors from CSS. The CI discount is handy for CSS and with free postage I’ve been using them for stocked items recently.

These will hopefully finish the look of the new bike & wheels.

cletus wrote: »
    A bag of 50 multi coloured cable ends, and a one handed cable puller pliers thing.

Both coming from Ali Express. Both probably stuck on the Suez canal

Ordered on the 26th March, arrived today

Alltricks order containing brake and shifter cables and housing, tubes and tyres, chain and grips to put a bike back on the road for my eldest fella

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

From Wiggle-seat bag, chain cleaning kit & lube.

I'd never have thought I'd say "I'm looking forward to cleaning my bike chain" but I am. I guess the novelty & curiosity of the cleaning yoke & seeing how clean chain will be after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

A GRX812 rear derailleur from Alltricks! I've been waiting for one since Christmas, and have orders placed and paid for in two separate places, but as soon as I got the notification I clicked order and it already shipped. Didn't even have the time to remember that I needed a new brake hose.

And after five months waiting, get a second notification from Bike Discount of stock on the same day.

Advertisement