Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    How do you stay on that saddle?? Are your arms/shoulders not sore from stopping you sliding forward??

Not at all, and I find with the nose any higher I get too much pressure on the perineum and all the fun that leads to. The B17 also has more give than a conventional saddle, so when I plonk my fat ass on it, it doubtless bends to bear the load :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭disco1

Zonda 2 way fit wheels.
    Schwalbe pro 1, tubless tires
    3t carbon bars
    Lizard skins bar tape
    And a dura ace 7900 crankset bought on here over the weekend.
    Tubless stans sealent.
    Hopefulla a gabba 2 off the wifey.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Large bike sized box with "Rose" stamped on it arrived just now.... Pics to follow later

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

2 sets of Speedplay Zero cleats
    Campagnolo Record 11s chain

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Christmas pressie to myself ;-)

Wilier_2014_GTR_Veloce_105.jpg
    image hosting free no registration

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭G1032

Oh sweet Jesus :)

Cateye Volt 400 front light and 2 rear lights (Cateye Rapid X2 and Cateye TL-LD610 5 LED) from SwimCycleRun

Brooks Cambium C17 Saddle from Evans

LS Merino wool base layer from UrbanFrog.ie

Two pairs of socks from Rapha. An ordinary merino wool pair and a pair of winter socks.

I don't get paid until near the end of the month. I'll be warm and well lit up though and my @rse should be comfortable enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,368 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

New pair of look keo max 2 pedals half the price of local shop thanks to cyclesuperstore offer

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭The Cycling pianist

Castelli jacket and gloves. Few days late from Santy :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

christmas present to myself

2vcu6te.jpg

A birthday present to myself

2435nbp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

The_Sub wrote: »
    Pulled the trigger on a set of speedplays at long last, evans have them at a good price and I had a voucher for 7.50 off. Lets see if they are worth the money.

How are the speedplays treating you? I've had mine a while and love them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Tacx Vortex Smart turbo trainer with PC upgrade from Rose bikes. Just got the email "Your order has been shipped"
    I suppose I'll have to tell herself soon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Tacx Vortex Smart turbo trainer with PC upgrade from Rose bikes. Just got the email "Your order has been shipped"
    I suppose I'll have to tell herself soon.

I'll get away with the wheels but the bike will be harder to hide!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Treated myself to a Garmin 1000 premium bundle. Refreshing the tracking page A LOT. I want to start collecting data from the 1st of Jan!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I have a garmin edge 520 on the way . Edge 500 gave up the ghost

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Box of Planet X socks, beanies, base layers and a few clearance bits and bobs...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

lube, grangers proofer and brake blocks (i miss my disc brakes)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

2 pairs of bib shorts from Merlin, and not in the post but being picked some lights, overshoes and other bits from Planet X. Ordered the former on Friday, was sent out on saturday, Expecting it within a few days. Ordered the latter on Tuesday I think, and no idea when to expect it as its Parcel Motel purchase which will add a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Dave_White

8valve wrote: »
    A vintage Concorde with Columbus tubing and shimano 600 groupset.

A proper steel bike!

none of this namby-pamby carbon stuff haha

Old school all the way.

I can't help myself...I've already also told the seller to find me a columbus-tubed eddy merckx and a columbus-tubed bianchi, as long as it's in the celeste colour!

Enjoy! I lusted for Concorde myself fow quite a while, but it's not in the cards...as in debit cards, hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭pedro_colnago

Went a bit mad and bought a Cannondale caad 10 disc brake frame set for €480 so it will be a project build.
    That and a fsa gossamer chain set for €45 and doval TT chainrings for €45 for the TT bike. It never ends.... Damn interweb!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Not in the post to me per-se but from the warehouse to the bike shop then to me-

Giant TCR advanced 1 :) my first carbon, first ultegra groupset, first Giant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭h_orse

Bought a new BH Quartz frame

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Not technically in the post but new bike is bei g collected tomorrow, first road bike and fair excited.
    . Thompson R7200

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Ultegra groupset and pedals.... And some new bar tape.

Putting together a new bike and I am awful excited. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Galibier Vu Gilet

BMC Elite LTD Bibshort 2015

And a pile of lights off Aliexpress.

Cheaper than a cocaine addiction, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭victor201

S-Works shoes last years model from sigma sport :)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭h_orse

McTigs wrote: »
    Ultegra groupset and pedals.... And some new bar tape.

Putting together a new bike and I am awful excited. 😀

Mc Tigs

Where did you go for the groupset ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Overshoes for these cold wet mornings

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/shimano-trail-npu-shoe-cover/rp-prod137479

They will hopefully make the commute more bearable than the current twice daily soaking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Domane

Sportful Grupetto Bib Tights to keep my legs warm on my 4 hour spins
    Craft long sleeved compression top to keep my upper body warm
    Altura winter cycling gloves for the hands.

All ordered from Wiggle and should be with me by tomorrow. Naturally, now that I've ordered some decent cold weather gear, we'll probably have a very mild winter and spring!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

Ordered a DHB Windwall base layer and merino wool socks. Was trying to find a Craft Windproof base layer in a big size but difficult to find. Looking forward to testing the Windwall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Fizik bar tape because I really hate the Bontrager tape I bought before Christmas - stupid brown flecks on black tape that I didn't notice when I bought it in my LBS.

And a Garmin Out Front Mount so I don't have to look down as much - and because I just want one.

Advertisement