Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Was bored yesterday so ordered a few pairs of Ardennes socks and a pair of Peloton Noir mitts from Galibier.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭oisinog

Just about tpo order a pair of Classique Bib Shorts from Galibier, just before I pull the trigger is there any other quality bibs out there at the same price point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

A couple of rolls of orange Fizik bar tape and a set of Birzman tubeless tyre levers from CRC. Hoping the tyre levers will save my thumbs when seating stubborn tubeless tyre/rim combos!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭seaviewphotos

Treated my self to a pair of Castelli Permio Black Bibshorts and a Classifica Jersey, got 25% off so I'm happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

A new bike! OK technically it’s no longer in the post, it arrived yesterday and I assembled it tonight. A Rose Backroad. My first drop bar bike. I went high spec and it’s some upgrade from my Cube hybrid! Was it necessary? Almost certainly not. Am I in love with it? Oh hell yes!

It needs some road tyres though. It came with 40mm Continental Terra Trails and they’re not exactly the fastest rolling things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Specialized Hover bars with a bit of rise and some flair for the Argon 18, Fabric Scoop and loads of gear cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭dahat

More socks from Pongo, it's getting out of hand this sock game.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Finally got an email from DHL that my replacement Cycliq Fly6 camera is on its way.
    It went kaput last September - battery wasn't charging, making recordings of a still image with sound and so on.
    In theory I should have gone back to CSS who I bought it from but as they are no longer stockists and I still wanted a camera, I went to Cycliq support directly.

After a few weeks of to and fro communication with them, they asked me to send it to them (in Australia).
    They checked it over and told me what I already knew.

I was offered a discount on new generation Fly6 or wait for a delivery of the outgoing models before they could send a direct replacement.
    As the discount option would have meant me spending about €130 on a camera/light that I already spent about that amount on, I wasn't going for that option.

After they set expectations which weren't met, I'm glad to say that it's finally on the way. Painful process though.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭devonp

Breezer wrote: »
    A new bike! OK technically it’s no longer in the post, it arrived yesterday and I assembled it tonight. A Rose Backroad. My first drop bar bike. I went high spec and it’s some upgrade from my Cube hybrid! Was it necessary? Almost certainly not. Am I in love with it? Oh hell yes!

It needs some road tyres though. It came with 40mm Continental Terra Trails and they’re not exactly the fastest rolling things.

how long was delivery/waiting ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

devonp wrote: »
    how long was delivery/waiting ?

I ordered on 16 March. Crazy waiting times for just about every bike I looked at. It actually came a week early.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

A couple of rolls of orange Fizik bar tape and a set of Birzman tubeless tyre levers from CRC. Hoping the tyre levers will save my thumbs when seating stubborn tubeless tyre/rim combos!

I like those tyre levers a lot, and had awful hassle mounting Gravelkings to my rims, so figured these might be the solution.

Didn't want to pay silly shipping for a single item from CRC or Wiggle or any of those sites, so got the Schwalbe version on Amazon, as I have Prime

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭ARX

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Thanks, had a few other items in a bike24 basket so pulled the trigger. Just need the dynamo hub/ wheel and lights!
    I have the Busch & Muller EYC N PLUS on my touring bike, it's the best light I've had. Full pelt down rural backroads in the dark, no problem. At 50 lux it isn't even their most powerful model.

On the back I have the Toplight (called the View now I think) and it's great too, looks like a car taillight from 100 metres back.

B&M quality is hit and miss though, I recently returned an Ixon Space IQ because the mount is junk - it doesn't hold the light securely. It's a known problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

dahat wrote: »
    2 pairs of socks from Pongo, €40 delivered.

As my Dad says fools and money easy parted.
    More socks from Pongo, it's getting out of hand this sock game.

I'm a sucker for socks. I spent a fair few bob on socks from Primal in the last few months.

I'd never heard of Pongo before I read your post so I'll be browsing for the next while and no doubt I'll convince myself to but a few pairs.

I think I own more cycling socks than regular socks. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Finally got an email from DHL that my replacement Cycliq Fly6 camera is on its way.
    It went kaput last September - battery wasn't charging, making recordings of a still image with sound and so on.
    In theory I should have gone back to CSS who I bought it from but as they are no longer stockists and I still wanted a camera, I went to Cycliq support directly.

After a few weeks of to and fro communication with them, they asked me to send it to them (in Australia).
    They checked it over and told me what I already knew.

I was offered a discount on new generation Fly6 or wait for a delivery of the outgoing models before they could send a direct replacement.
    As the discount option would have meant me spending about €130 on a camera/light that I already spent about that amount on, I wasn't going for that option.

After they set expectations which weren't met, I'm glad to say that it's finally on the way. Painful process though.

Got my new Fly6 Gen3 finally arrive yesterday... ordered I think last Nov on black Fri deal and launch has been pushed a few times. Have the Fly12CE on the front so have completed the collection now. I had heard build wasn't great on previous gen Fly6. This new Gen3 seems fairly solid.. so far. It will join my Garmin Varia on the rear.. that's the best bit of bike tech I have and wouldn't consider not using it.

crosstownk wrote: »
    I'm a sucker for socks. I spent a fair few bob on socks from Primal in the last few months.

I'd never heard of Pongo before I read your post so I'll be browsing for the next while and no doubt I'll convince myself to but a few pairs.

I think I own more cycling socks than regular socks. Seriously.

Socks are pricey but fit well & stay up too. Loads of options so I’ll be back for more soon.

Angry Pablo socks are decent as well but shipping is extremely dear though he is trying to get it cheaper apparently.

Easily dropped €150 on socks over the last few weeks, crazy really.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gn3dr

It will join my Garmin Varia on the rear.. that's the best bit of bike tech I have and wouldn't consider not using it.

Genuine question here but why? Is it the radar thing (what does that do? - alert you that there is a car approaching) or the light part?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Easily dropped €150 on socks over the last few weeks, crazy really.

Agreed but equally as guilty.

Check out Primal if you haven't already. Range isn't as large as Pongo but quite colourful and should match most kits.

The real problem with Angry Pablo is that they have 'off the bike' socks. Could end up dropping a fortune. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

gn3dr wrote: »
    Genuine question here but why? Is it the radar thing (what does that do? - alert you that there is a car approaching) or the light part?

The radar (in my case at least). Something I never thought I'd need but once I started using it, I've since used it on every single ride no matter how bright or dark it is. Just feel odd without it now - alerts you automatically to a car behind you well before you would hear the car, and probably 99% accurate too. I'd recommend one to anyone who rides outside of a city, particularly if you ride solo but I even use it on group rides

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭WOT

B&M Lumotec IQ-X T SensoPlus LED dynamo Front Light.
    100lux apparently so a small upgrade from my B&M cyo-T which continues to be superb, 3-4 years later.

Also Ultegra 10sp Chainrings
    Tubes and chains
    All from Bike-components.de for my “new” bike which is turning out remarkably similar to my current one even though it was meant to be lighter / faster yada yada.

• Advertisement

Weepsie wrote: »

Also a Busch and Muller dynamo mount that's a headset spacer too. Was struggling to think of how I could mount a light on the new to me argon 18 frame and this should do the trick

My slammed headset made this a waste of time. Will keep them for another from, or try to think of one way of mounting it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Jumping on the sock-brigade here. A couple of pairs of Ardennes Blanc Socks from Galibiere. They threw a pair in as a freebie with a previous order and they are brilliant so more on the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

Pair of shimano shoes, had to resurrect an old pair as the new Lake shoes are causing a problem in my right calf and my other shimano shoes need a bit of love, left the cleats on too long and screw heads are ...well you know the rest :(
    Found it difficult to locate size 45E , CSS totally sold out across the shimano range

30 pack of caffeine gels, race season well under way.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

3 pairs of Gore bib shorts from the amazon prime day 'Specials'

My slammed headset made this a waste of time. Will keep them for another from, or try to think of one way of mounting it
    Have you a garmin out front?

I mounted mine under the garmin using a bracket I had 3D printed. Works perfectly, looks like a prototype.

WOT wrote: »
    Have you a garmin out front?

I mounted mine under the garmin using a bracket I had 3D printed. Works perfectly, looks like a prototype.

Poor photo but you will get the idea.

attachment.php?attachmentid=556677&d=1624482458

I've a load of Garmin out front mounts of various brands. Don't have access to a 3d printer however.

I've a load of Garmin out front mounts of various brands. Don't have access to a 3d printer however.

I’ve one spare there if it helps get you sorted. I designed it based on the mount for the garmin 530 if you happen to have one of those or similar.

The challenge with mounting any of the B&M lights up high is that the majority of the lights is designed to be mounted underneath. One exception I think is the IQ-X, which can be mounted up top by rotating that band around.

Take a look at the B&M catalog for different mounts. https://www.bumm.de/files/PDF/Catalogue%202020%20ENGLISH.pdf

I intended to get one of these mounts to work with my 3D print, but don’t really need it, even though it would be tidier finish.

attachment.php?attachmentid=556693&d=1624522857

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Headset bearings, PD-S20 Flat one side, SPD the other pedals for the hack/ commuter, and a few tubes from Bike Inn.

Headset Bearings search wrecked my inexperienced mechanic head, so the two reviews confirming them for the giant overdrive sealed the purchase. Not entirely convinced on the pedals, but they'll replace the flats on the hack anyway.

Advertisement