Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭joey100

Not so much in the post but waiting on bike to be built. Managed to get the majority of the groupset, ultegra di2 disc, but had to go to nearly a different shop for every part. Only thing I'm still waiting on is the power meter crank, but got tired of waiting and just looking at the frameset so took one off one of the other bikes that will do until the new one arrives. Now just waiting for the call to collect, hoping this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Mc Love wrote: »

Whats the quality like? I liked the look of it but was worried about how it would fair out in a collision

Good fit, visor fits over your glasses if you wear them. Easy to adjust.
    Seems like a good build.

Out for a ride this morning. Some questions on safety. No identifiers that I can see, but neither can I see any on my giro helmet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

XG-1299 and xx1 chain.

Getting harder to source.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

castelli arenberg gloves

sigma blaze rear light

sidi genius 10

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Just a quick question. Can I mix Look pedals and cleats with Shimano SL type shoes, thanks?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Just a quick question. Can I mix Look pedals and cleats with Shimano SL type shoes, thanks?

Yes.3 bolt pattern for both

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Weepsie wrote: »
    Yes.3 bolt pattern for both

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Mc Love wrote: »
    Out for a ride this morning. Some questions on safety. No identifiers that I can see, but neither can I see any on my giro helmet
    There's what appears to be a CE mark on the final photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

An 11-42 cassette for my second wheelset after a 1x conversion (huge challenge to find this)

A hydraulic brake hose to try to finally solve an RS505 brake that has never worked in the three years I've had the bike - going to replace both the caliper and the hose and all connections. Those levers are horrible so would just change everything if it was the lever that was the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭WOT

Weepsie wrote: »
    My slammed headset made this a waste of time. Will keep them for another from, or try to think of one way of mounting it

IQ-X mounted to underside of garmin.

attachment.php?attachmentid=557023&d=1624875253

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Galibier socks and mitts. Always surprised & delighted with their free post when some bike companies on this island (Victory Chimp & Donda) charge €14 for shipping.

And a rucksack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

IMG-20210702-192623603-BURST004.jpg

This and a chain arrived. Very pretty, very light and a single bit of CNC (well the gold bit).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

A pair of Oakley sutros that I’ll wear once, find too dark, then place in a drawer never to be seen again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Two more pairs of socks (it's ridiculous at this stage), some hydration tabs to bulk it up for free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

crosstownk wrote: »
    Two more pairs of socks (it's ridiculous at this stage), some hydration tabs to bulk it up for free delivery.

Why not just buy enough socks for free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Numanoid817

A new Kask helmet as a replacement for the one I recently crashed head first in. (It looks to be fine, but I've been told it's probably best to replace it) And a new Defence Forces cycling kit, which I'm particularly looking forward to getting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

A couple of Ekoi short sleeved mesh base layers. Already have one and it's the best summer base layer I've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

cletus wrote: »
    Why not just buy enough socks for free delivery

Fair point (as one can never have too many socks :pac: ) but CRC didn't have a third pair that I fancied so I opted for hydration tabs as the young lad has taken to using them on warm days for his football/hurling training and matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭dahat

New Met Manta helmet from SIgma Sports as i smashed my current one is a crash last week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

racing incident?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭wijam

A Restrap 14L saddle bag and top tube bag for a bit of bike packing next month

PowerBar Natural Energy Cereal Bar & HIGH5 Energy Bar

And not totally bike related, but a Massage Gun I seen on the Amazon Bargain Alerts thread last week

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭dahat

No, on a club spin with confusion over direction meant one minute i was on bike next i was looking at the sky. Fairly shook & two days in hospital with ribs and concussion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

ouch. hope you're on the road to recovery.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

DT Swiss ER 1600 Spline DB 32mm wheelset and adaptors to replace my DT Swiss R24s that had a freehub failure over the weekend, also new freehub to fix up the old wheels as a spare set. Forgot to buy the damn disc rotors at the same time so ordered them up this morning. Should be all set for this time next week and be able return the ageing Ridley Triton back to the turbo trainer. Double checked all the part compatibility and hoping I haven't messed up...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Wheels and rotors arrived but adaptors are delayed so I'm just stuck staring at the new wheels for now. New freehub also delayed so Ridley will be on the road a bit longer.

• Advertisement

already arrived, but ordered bib shorts from galibier on thursday at 11pm, and had to dress in a hurry yesterday morning when the postman knocked on the door with them at about 8:15am. that's a good turnaround.

Advertisement