Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Busch & Muller front n rear dynamo lights along with some extra cabling. (Second set of same lights.)

Brooks Bar Tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

After hmming and hawing about it for ages, I made the snap decision this evening to buy a Mistral foulweather jacket from Galibier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Rosahane

I’m waiting for a few bits from the sale in Bicycle Line - a Fiandre sleeveless vest and a Pro-S sleeveless jersey. Have got a couple of other bits from them that I like. However I’m amazed how skinny the general run of cyclists seem to be, I’m 5’7” with a 46 chest and have to get their biggest size XXXL to fit me. My son in law has taken up cycling as he wants to do a triathlon and is 6’4” with about a 52” chest - I told him to go to a camping supplies shop and get a tent to fit 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

My bonus from work was included in the pay slip this month so...

Bought a Park Tool PCS-10.3 Work Stand & a Kask Protone Helmet from AllTricks. And bought some Endura MTB shorts a and pants from CRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Disc pads & gels.

Spending lately has been of the nessecary rather splurging kind.

• Advertisement

Just received my Mistral jacket. It's definitely a snug fit, but fit and finish are light years ahead of the Lidl jacket I had been using. Looking forward to getting out for a spin with it.

They also threw in a deep winter headband/earwarmer

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭wijam

Candy Stripe Wheelers 2022 jerseys just been ordered and sent to production, buying from https://www.owayo.com/, this will be the 5th set we've got from them, always good jerseys, the red & white stripes can be seen around the Wicklow mountains from March onwards and hopefully a few events around the country this year 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Has anybody ever ordered off Bikeinn and was it reliable/trust worthy?

I need this part and seems impossible to get but is available on BikeInn.

thanks

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I used them once two years ago and the part I ordered arrived promptly and without fuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mockba

i bought from Bikeinn 3 times in the last few months. The deliveries can take 2 weeks to arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I've also ordered from BikeInn, no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'd maybe just double check with them if it actually is in-stock. I remember during the worst of the stock times needing a GRX derailleur (either a front or a rear would have done the job) that was almost a six-month wait everywhere. BikeInn were marked as in stock but when I checked they didn't actually have it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Just ordered two CONTINENTAL Ride Tour 700 Tyres from Bikeinn.com.

I was looking for a pair of Continental Grand Prix 4 Season in 700x32 and finding it difficult to source.

Bikeinn have them for €43 each - which, given that they are over €60 anywhere else made me wonder if it's dodgy.

I wanted something with a bit more mud grip to go on my other set of wheels for doing the Grand Canal so took a chance and ordered the Ride Tours for a total of €39 inc delivery. Supposed to be here next week, so here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

....nothing!

Got to start browsing...

It's only kinda bike related...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

This, as it's about 50 quid cheaper than the non TDF version, and I just need to try a saddle with better channel on it.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/selle-italia-slr-boost-tm-superflow-tdf-road-saddle/rp-prod196565

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭ARX

I've been using one of those for a while (the TDF branding is a bit embarrassing but sure nobody sees it when I'm sitting on it) and I'm happy with it. I'd had a Charge Spoon before that. This lets me get a lower position. It felt a bit hard at first but is fine now.

EDIT: you'll want mudguards. Trust me on this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Ah yeah, the branding put me off at first, but the same saddle without the branding is a fair whack more. I'm thinking of ordering their new one too, the eco green x one. Similar shape, made from recycled material and has great reviews mostly, but some people have noted how it's ripped bibs.

I've 4 different saddles on 5 different bikes, so I need to sort that out. I've a charge spoon and a fabric scoop which are both great, but I think I need that channel. I've plenty of mudguards thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

After getting two Selle Italia saddles in the last year, I wish I upgraded sooner. For the €100 I paid for each saddle it's probably one of the better upgrades I could buy. Actually, after wheels and tyres its probably the only thing for me to upgrade on my bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭seanin4711

gxp and hollowtech two BBs from ZTTO aliexpress.

great job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Mistral 5 Foul Weather Jacket, Vars DWR Oversocks from Galibier and Rivelo long long sleeve top from Sportpursuit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

A pair of Conti Gp5000 and 6 conti tubes, a double puncture on Sunday due to slit in tyre , need to stock up the reserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

ISM PR1.0 saddle. I'm back hitting the turbo hard with a few extra pounds and the numbness down below ain't good.....

heard great review about this for turbo training so Hopefully it does the job

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭G1032

Yesterday at midday I ordered replacement bearings for Assioma Duo pedals from Chain Driven Cycles in Sligo.

They were delivered today at 10:45. Impressive service by any standards. 22hrs 45mins from order to delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

At what pointdid you realise the bearings were needed? Mine are two years old or so but on original bearings.

Ordering two 160mm centrelock rotors. Going to put them on the spare wheels for my ebike so I can swap between Winter and Summer tyres for commuting to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭G1032

Basically realised on Sunday when I was just giving them a wipe down. Right pedal made much more noise when compared to the left when rotating it. Then I checked and found a little play in the right pedal. It's as easy as pie to replace the bearings but they should be lasting longer than what they do last I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

new stem on the way from germany

bike online shop. never bought off them before, so interesting to see delivery time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

going back in the post - my wife ordered me a pair of castelli overshoes, and ordered L - my shoes are size 42 - and they're way too tight. the sizing guide was L for US 7.5-9, which is 40 to 42.

• Advertisement

I held off on this as I was actually on holiday last week, now the external tooth centrelock rotor is out of stock and they're out of stock everywhere. Ordered two internal tooth centrelock discs and a separate external tooth lockring.

Also ordered the racerlight bibshorts from Decathlon. Need a new pair of shorts plus these ones are mesh all over so will hopefully help keep me cool on the turbo.

Advertisement