Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

From the official Lake site. They give 20€ off your first order but it needs to be over 100€

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭DrumcDub1

Anyone every used this? Looks good value https://www.bulk.com/ie/complete-hydration-drink.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

NEW BIKE DAY!

Well, not for me, but for my two boys. Up to Decathlon, two XC hardtail mountain bikes (I think, I don't know much about mountain bikes).

The younger fella's bike is running Microshift Adventx 1x10, hydraulic brakes, and tubeless ready 27.5 wheels.

The older fella's bike is running Shimano Deore 1x10, hydraulic brakes and tubeless ready 29's.

Both have air front shocks (no idea which shock, mind), and I couldn't have two happier kids 😁

A follow on from the above post.

There is now a brake bleed kit on its way to me. Should be here tomorrow.

Decathlon bikes come with the brakes a la mode Francais. Eldest fella grabbed a handful of brake yesterday, ended up on the ground, and subsequently ended up in emergency department last night.

Tomorrow's job will be a hose switch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Is he OK? Always thought that was stupid of decathlon to sell bikes with brakes the wrong way round.

• Advertisement

Yeah, he's ok. We suspected a broken elbow, but seems like soft tissue damage.

I blame myself for not checking them. I just assumed they'd be right way round🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Another Wahoo warranty replacement, Bolt V2 this time.

Why can't stuff just work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭JMcL

Ah no. I wonder is this a result of supply chain now being direct from France rather than via the UK? It's still bad form they didn't switch them (are the bikes even in a fit state to be sold given the norms? No idea if there're regulations around that), but very poor form they don't flag it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i've been up there many times. they sell bikes with the brakes a la mode francais. that's their default.

I've been up loads too. Love the shop. It just never occurred to me to check.

I've had a bleed kit inan online basket for ages now, this gave me the impetus to buy it.

Checked two local motor factors for an 8mm flare nut spanner, no luck in either. I'll just use a normal 8mm carefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I have 2 Cubes and they're both euro style brakes. I've thought about switching them but TBH I tend to use both brakes together when braking and I automatically brace against the bars when I have to brake hard. When I've gone over the bars in the past it's been on UK style setups where I just braked too suddenly without thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Think all of their stock came direct from mainland EU in the first place, they only opened here during covid

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭ARX

My Bolt V1 died recently, a few months out of warranty. They gave me a voucher for 40% off a new one which I was happy enough with. But if it goes after a couple of years it'll be my last Wahoo.

In the post: jerseys from Wiggle that I ordered two weeks ago and that have apparently been sitting at Heathrow for the last week. Between that and their shockingly bad new website, I'm losing my love for Wiggle.

I actually had them on my older road bike - though in that case by my own stupidity. I'd spent the day replacing the groupset and in a classic case of more haste, less speed, cabled the brakes to the wrong sides. I couldn't have been bothered switching them, and thankfully never had issues swapping between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭Macy0161

équipe 2 aero bib shorts from Galibier. Considered their cheaper, and "Grand Tour" options but settled on the new iteration of shorts I have!

Have tried neither the Equipe nor Grand Tour yet, but I've a pair of the Roubaix cargo bibs which use the same chamois as the GT. I wore them on a near 180km jaunt around Wexford a few weeks ago and they were supremely comfortable on the nether regions. By contrast, the pair of Classique bibs I wore on the WW100 the following weekend were starting to make themselves known around the nether regions come the end - not badly, but I'm glad I wasn't wearing them for the longer spin

I've had a few of the énergie Elite shorts, both iterations. The first ones still going on the turbo (sweat damage to the lycra but the pad still fine), and I've équipe bibs and 3/4's from the last couple of years. The only ones that really gave up the ghost were 1st iteration peloton shorts, but now I check the order, they still lasted the guts of 4 years (and a couple of crashes!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Bought a set of Fulcrum Red Metal 5 wheels for my mountain bike. 1mm wider internal rim and 500g lighter than stock wheels.

Waiting 4+ weeks for a warranty replacement freehub after my wheels failed, tired of missing out on so many days on the bike. New wheels were inevitable, I just wasn't planning on buying them just yet!

Hunt have a slightly lighter wheel that's also 30mm width for similar money but apparently they're just rebranded Chinese wheels and I've seen a good few people talking about how good their warranty is which isn't actually good as it means a lot of them needed warranty support. Bit of a gamble as there isn't any reviews or user feedback about them but I've had 4 sets of Campag/Fulcrum wheels already so I'll stick with them.

Post edited by DaveyDave on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Well that's annoying, the expected ~500g weight saving is actually a whopping 117g. Stock wheels are 400g lighter than specifed. If I had of known that I wouldn't have bothered and would have just spent €30 on a new hub to get the bike shop to fit rather than wait any longer for this warranty nonsense.

The specified weight at 2.4kg isn't even excessive as budget wheels are similar and Shimano and DT Swiss have wheels around 2.2kg, I wasn't expecting my wheels to be under 2kg.

I'd have saved more weight by swapping the rear 2.6" trail tyre for a 2.4" faster rolling one...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Not sure if it's a one off but Wiggle are using An Post for my current order and provided a delivery date so think it might be regular again.

I'll be glad if they are back using An Post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭harringtonp

46t SRAM direct mount chainring. Great price, 40E except that its NOT on its way. bikeinn said it was in stock when I ordered and I was originally advised I'd have it on the 3rd.

Turns out they don't have it at all and are waiting for it to arrive in their warehouse.

Think I've heard similar stories like this before with them.

Last thing I ordered from them was fine, no delays.

Not in the post, but picking up new set of wheels from Lukasz in Apex Cycles on Monday

I ordered from Chain Reaction late last week and it arrived with An Post this morning as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭jamesd

Deal of the day for Prime Members: Garmin Speed sensor 2 & cadence sensor 2 - measurement and storage of speed, cadence, distance via ANT+ or Bluetooth LE. Mount on wheel hub. https://amzn.eu/d/1a9ALSL

Ordered as a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭wijam

ordered as well, thanks @jamesd for letting us know 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Peeling1979

Asking here as UK may be the county of origin of some purchases here….

Anyone caught with a UK TARIC code issue recently!? A Post sending back cos of an issue in the Royal Mail database re codes!? I bought some items on FB marketplace a couple of months ago, returned to sender, just wondering if RM honour and reissue correctly when back in the UK

Just ordered a set of Gravelking SK's, from Chain Reaction, for the new wheels.

Orange Muc Off valves arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Dr.Tom

I've a Restrap top tube bag on the way. Anyone have any experience with their shipping time from their EU depot (wherever that is). Website says 2-5 days via GLS. Hoping to have it for this weekend. Ordered yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Fructose from Europe that didn’t cost me a bomb, vert hard product to find these days.

€13 for a kilo delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭wijam

ordered a few things from them, thinking around the 3-4 day mark on delivery

Advertisement