Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas to UCD

Options
  • 25-08-2015 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi there,
    im looking at driving to UCD a few mornings a week. I have to be there at 9. Ive bought a parking permit. Does anyone have an idea re how long it will take to drive? would I be time enough leaving at 0715?and get a space?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Driving would depend on weather / accidents / eejits.

On a good day it would take you 30 minutes to red cow, then probably best route is to take M50 to Dundrum exit, dundrum road, cross over at Bird Avenue into UCD.
    Probably 35-45 minutes for that part.

If Dundrum exit is busy, go to Stillorgan exit, down brewery road, left to stillorgan dual carraige way and into UCD about 5 km along.

Leaving before 7.15 will get you there with plenty of time to spare. Leaving after 7.30 would probably see you late.

Coming back, Friday is hell on M7 from before 4pm, but possibly you will finish early.

Maybe give it a run on Saturday / Sunday and see what the traffic-free journey time is.

A wet Monday morning will always be crazy - so pre 7am on wet mondays will save your sanity. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Naas Man

I'd agree with delahuntv. I used to travel early morning 7:30 if I remember right and have a coffee in the canteen before lectures. The only problem might be the parking. It was always difficult to find parking if you arrive after 9. So depending on your time table if you have early morning lectures I'd advise heading early getting a parking space and if you are that early you could make use of the canteen or library.

Advertisement