Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you buy today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mackey9387

kitten_k wrote:
    Just ordered these in Smyths for €5 for my god-daughter

Might invest in these for my niece nice little present

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

We had a very productive Christmas weekend:

We got my god daughter's Christmas clothes, Santa presents, presents from me and two of her Uncles.

We also got presents for my nephews and my friends little cousins.

My friend also bought me a lovely pair of Sketchers as my Christmas present.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

My Christmas cookie cutters! Hoping to make gift baskets for family, I'm excited to use these already

http://i.imgur.com/5mdKZUY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I normally don't do anything Christmas related until after the Income Tax Deadline in mid November. Our son's birthday is in September so we try to suss up what he needs and if it will be a birthday present or Christmas present and there is 3 months between the dates.
    Saw a really good Lego minecraft set in the Smyths sale last weekend so have put that aside for him to Christmas. Also TK Max just opened near us and, with himself beings a huge Formula 1 fan, my husband picked up a brilliant Ferrari tshirt, actually quite similar to one my husband bought in Italy a few year ago. I went into TK Max that evening and out of the corner of my eye spied a Mercedes AMG tshirt to commemorate the construction title win for 2014, might not make sense to most people but I know our son will absolutely love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

My Christmas cookie cutters! Hoping to make gift baskets for family, I'm excited to use these already

Where did you get these?! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Omg that reindeer one is just adorable! :)

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Omg that reindeer one is just adorable! :)

Amazon, got those and 2 other sets as part of their "buy with" scheme (??). So the Christmas ones, Halloween ones and the cutest gingerbread family (mum, dad, girl, boy)

Amazon, got those and 2 other sets as part of their "buy with" scheme (??). So the Christmas ones, Halloween ones and the cutest gingerbread family (mum, dad, girl, boy)

Must have a look - what's the brand? Sorry for all the q's!! Want to make Christmas cookies this year....hell, I might even make Halloween cookies :D

The gingerbread family sounds adorable ha. Came close to posting one of my more blonde moments earlier when I read your reply! I was going to say I may go to amazon and check if they have a gingerbread family with two boys... then just realised I can obviously use the boy cutter to make two instead :P sometimes I wonder how I cope haha

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »

Yep, that's them, they are a nice size as some cutters can be too big

Sorry I would have replied sooner but the kids woke and interrupted my phone time!

Started stocking up for christmas these are on offer in supervalu at the moment ! Family circle were €4 and reindeer tin were €7 ! Sorry pictures won't load up will try again in min !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

My first Christmas gift of the year!! :) I like it so much I may have to purchase another for myself :pac:

10pplkm.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ooooh, they're lovely. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Picked up some candles in IKEA today very Christmassy don't know if il manage to keep them to Christmas il probably light them tonight for strictly, planning a trip to Yankee in Blanchardstown soon I love Yankee my all time favourite but couldn't resist these today

IKEA has everything in for Christmas folks

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

SarahLil wrote:
    I was thinking of going, but its a Saturday, and my anxiety can't handle the crowds and my patience won't stretch that far!... I'll probably go Mon or Tues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

SarahLil wrote: »

We need an IKEA in Cork!!

northgirl wrote: »
    We need an IKEA in Cork!!

Amen to that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I ordered 40 odd pounds worth of stocking fillers from

http://www.stocking-fillers.co.uk

Lots of little bits of tat but the kids love them. Parcel Motel here I come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

SMJSF wrote: »
    I was thinking of going, but its a Saturday, and my anxiety can't handle the crowds and my patience won't stretch that far!... I'll probably go Mon or Tues!

I was there at 9 they don't open till 10 on Saturday I didn't realise, I was helping my aunt out so it was nice surprise when I seen the Christmas stock, I wouldn't say it will last too long I remember last year I went there wasn't even wrapping paper left, the restaurant was the busiest when we arrived lol enjoy the trip SMJSF I'm the same can't deal with the crowds that's why i went so early

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

I bought a lovely Stag ornament from the shop on the Hill of Tara.....

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

Can't wait to start Xmas shopping!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I got this in Tiger.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

There was a book sale in work and I just impulse bought some stuff... So that's the Christmas shopping sorted!

I got a lovely diary for my Mum, and some Janet & Allan Ahlberg books for my nephew

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Well I didn't buy it today but I just got my Dean Martin Winter Romance Record yepppeee... Sealed in mint condition im like ohhhh do I listen to it now or late eccckkk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I bought the Irish Farmers Calendar (x2) - one for a KK and the other for my brother in law who is a farmer.
    I bought a leather tobacco pouch for my Dad - strictly for his birthday but as its on Christmas Eve I've decided it counts for Christmas time purchases.
    I bought part of my husband's present on Thursday too - a two boat scuba dive in Dublin Bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

I bought Advent calendars in Lidl over the weekend (great selection for kiddies and 99c only). I got 2 for the youngster and I told him he could start on the 5th of November and that would be 50 days to Christmas.

I wonder will be sick of it by December ;)

Posy wrote: »

That's mine, well we have the non slim version, it's so worth the money, has lasted really well. Hope to replace our smaller one next year with another one of these

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Went to Ikea yesterday and bought a couple of packs of wine bags and some ribbon from the Christmas section. They have some really nice decorations this year. Well worth a trip if you need some.

Advertisement