Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you buy today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I cannot wait to get to M&S to see all their Christmas stuff - they have amazing candles this year with lovely Christmassy smells! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Aputernut

I bought a couple items to finish off the Xmas tree skirt I am making.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I went into Carraig Dune at lunctime about bought 3 decorations. I needed them like a hole in the head but they are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

kitten_k wrote: »
    Just ordered these in Smyths for €5 for my god-daughter

How'd you get them for a fiver ???

Just bought this:

mZoSVRe22PNZVCw59mQQMNQ.jpg

I've been getting a different one every year since 2010 & missed them last year for some reason, so delighted to pick it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

OU812 wrote: »
    How'd you get them for a fiver ???

They had them on sale for €5 in Smyths

kitten_k wrote: »
    They had them on sale for €5 in Smyths

Wish I'd known that. Would have got a couple. Back up to €20 now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Haven't bought it yet but just seen that lidl have their Christmas stuff on sale next week, I'm getting a third tree and as budget is limited lidl is going to be my friend this year. I am actually excited :)

So where is the best the buy a new tree? Artificial and not too expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

kitten_k wrote:
    So where is the best the buy a new tree? Artificial and not too expensive!

Argos had pretty good ones last year. I just saw another post from someone who said Lidl or Aldi sell some too.

• Advertisement

Argos had pretty good ones last year. I just saw another post from someone who said Lidl or Aldi sell some too.

Lidls were €25 last year

Saw a nice 6foot one in wooded for half price €40

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm in the look out for a new tree also. Not Argos that's where my last one came from its too skimpy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭jenn1984

Loughc wrote: »
    I'm in the look out for a new tree also. Not Argos that's where my last one came from its too skimpy.

Got a new tree last year from Woodies, it was a good size and not too expensive (sorry can't remember the exact price). Would definitely recommend giving them a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Maybe ikea might be worth a look. Someone was saying their xmas decorations are out

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

jenn1984 wrote: »
    Got a new tree last year from Woodies, it was a good size and not too expensive (sorry can't remember the exact price). Would definitely recommend giving them a go!

I must try woodies and home store :)

I must try woodies and home store :)

They've a sale on in woodies now for Christmas trees, some good bargains

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

They've a sale on in woodies now for Christmas trees, some good bargains

Thanks for the heads up on Woodies and the other recommendations for Woodies my cousin is on the look out for a new tree she's put me in charge of it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

I saw this last night and couldn't resist...... :cool:

washiskin wrote: »
    I saw this last night and couldn't resist...... :cool:

Where would one get such an item?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

Finally managed to open it ahh that is great..

Spotted trees in Dunnes last night and a few bit, I refused to look at them no until after Halloween....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

I can't post an image, but popped into dunnes earlier, and got a lovely clear bauble with a band of silver glitter and sequences, and green berry tinsel garland because I only have a storage radiator, and proper leavy garland wouldn't look good in such a small space! Hopefully, fingers crossed, I'll be in a house with a proper fireplace surround to decorate by next Xmas :)

Where would one get such an item?

Harvey Norman :)

I picked up a Christmas jumper in Penneys, took a trip to Woodies in Glasnevin not much of their stock out yet the staff member I spoke to said they think the special offers on the Christmas trees will run for the month of October

SarahLil wrote: »
    I picked up a Christmas jumper in Penneys, took a trip to Woodies in Glasnevin not much of their stock out yet the staff member I spoke to said they think the special offers on the Christmas trees will run for the month of October

SarahLil, did they have any lights? My big set died last year on Stephens day and I had to leave them on, so when I returned them in January they had none I could swap them for, I remember they were on sale in October last year so got them at a good price

SarahLil, did they have any lights? My big set died last year on Stephens day and I had to leave them on, so when I returned them in January they had none I could swap them for, I remember they were on sale in October last year so got them at a good price

I was in Woodies in Carrickmines today and they had lights. Don't know if they were on offer as I didn't look as I don't need any this year.

They had no lights out yet in Woodies Glasnevin I'd say over the next couple of days they will the shelves were empty, the staff said Blanchardstown is a bigger store and their stock are out on the floor, didn't see tree lights in Penneys yet just plenty of battery operated lights

I bought a fabulous skiing penguin in Dunnes today, but the best thing was there was a family in the shop with two little girls who were really excited about picking a decoration each. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I didn't buy anything... But almost did! I was in M&S yesterday...

Sigh...

• Advertisement

Definitely want a cushion!

Advertisement