Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you buy today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Love the tree, it looks amazing

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Love the tree, it looks amazing

Can't wait to put it up and decorated it! I went to buy more lights for it and the girl at the till goes these lights are going on sale in a few weeks do you want to wait, they'll be half price. I was like yes I can wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Brought the Pandoros and Panatones in Lidl. They are made by one of the best Italian companies for them(Bauil).

For anyone with little ones who like Doc, I picked up 2 of these in tkmaxx today, kids get a teddy, I get cute christmas snowmen

Edit: it's about 25 inches so excellent as a standing decoration, if it was left standing!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I ordered my bedspread from ebay. I think it will look really nice with some colourful Christmas cushions and maybe a Santa teddy or two. `Here it is again.
    Picture_21.png
    image upload

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

It's really lovely iguana

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That's an amazing set! :eek: WANT!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Loughc wrote: »
    Home store and more. I love the cushions!! MUST HAVE.

Ok sorry working a bit slower today than normal stupid head cold :( what was from home store and more the tree or the cushions ??

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Ok sorry working a bit slower today than normal stupid head cold :( what was from home store and more the tree or the cushions ??

Tree is from Home Store and more, Cushions were M&S :)

Loughc wrote: »
    Tree is from Home Store and more, Cushions were M&S :)

• Advertisement

miamee wrote: »
    It's really lovely iguana

Thanks. What I love about it is that it's even bigger than my normal kingsized bedspreads so I know it will give great coverage of the bed. If it's really cold I can even put it over a normal bedspread for extra warmth and it's big enough that no normal bedding will peep out.:D

Today I ordered my Christmas train. I wanted one smaller than the ones in Homestore as the sideboard I want to put it on is too narrow for a regular sized train. And this one is even more Christmassy.
    Picture_25.png
    photo sharing websites

iguana wrote: »
    Today I ordered my Christmas train. I wanted one smaller than the ones in Homestore as the sideboard I want to put it on is too narrow for a regular sized train.

I have the same one! Picked it up in woodies at the weekend, really wanted to assemble it straight away but restrained myself

I have the same one! Picked it up in woodies at the weekend, really wanted to assemble it straight away but restrained myself

Ooh yay! That means it's nice in real life so, if you bought it. I was worried it might be a bit tacky but to be 100% honest I do love a bit of tack at Christmas.:D

iguana wrote: »
    Ooh yay! That means it's nice in real life so, if you bought it. I was worried it might be a bit tacky but to be 100% honest I do love a bit of tack at Christmas.:D

It's perfect for the kids, the little santa and snowman come out, I can see them getting played with. The track is quite short so i'm hoping it'll go around my tree, but it's tack-tastic!

It's perfect for the kids, the little santa and snowman come out, I can see them getting played with. The track is quite short so i'm hoping it'll go around my tree, but it's tack-tastic!

I'm hoping to have mine drive around my Little People Christmas village but I keep overestimating how big the sideboard I want to put them on is. Every time I actually look at it I know I'll never fit everything on it, but I'm sure I'll work something out.

I also ordered this today. It's a flash drive that I'm going to put a Christmas movie on and put in his Christmas eve box. We haven't used a dvd player in yonks so this is a good way to give him a Christmas 'dvd' on the night.

Saw these in lidl today and could not resist. Going to be baking lots of Christmas treats so these will be great for storage

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Saw these in lidl today and could not resist. Going to be baking lots of Christmas treats so these will be great for storage

OMG LOVE!!! Need to get to Lidl this weekend...:pac:

leahyl wrote: »
    OMG LOVE!!! Need to get to Lidl this weekend...:pac:

I need to stop going, I'm picking something up every week and when I put these in the attic this morning I realised I have no space!!! Where will I hide them now ☺ Also my 20 month old keeps shouting "kismas" every time we pass the displays, no idea where she gets this from

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭toddunctious

Hey guys, loving the thread. The positive vibe is infectious.
    Must head out to lidl to see what they have.

I've been lurking here for a while but haven't posted anything I've bought this year. I will don't worry when stuff from m&s arrives (cushions, garland and ornaments)

It's nice to see like minded people share the Christmas spirit
    The older I get the more I enjoy Christmas, it's like being a kid again

Anyway pics to follow
    Keep the ideas coming
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hey guys, loving the thread. The positive vibe is infectious.
    Must head out to lidl to see what they have.

I've been lurking here for a while but haven't posted anything I've bought this year. I will don't worry when stuff from m&s arrives (cushions, garland and ornaments)

It's nice to see like minded people share the Christmas spirit
    The older I get the more I enjoy Christmas, it's like being a kid again

Anyway pics to follow
    Keep the ideas coming
    Cheers

Welcome toddunctious! Love your username - a nod to Father Ted ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I've a fair chunk of my shopping done but I'm stuck for ideas for the same person I get stuck on every year. I usually just cop out and take the easy perfume/makeup option but I don't think the person is particular is into that sort of stuff. Ugh! The only thing I'm sure she likes is shoes. Is it ok to give shoes as an xmas pressie? :confused: I wouldn't mind getting a pair myself :D

I've a fair chunk of my shopping done but I'm stuck for ideas for the same person I get stuck on every year. I usually just cop out and take the easy perfume/makeup option but I don't think the person is particular is into that sort of stuff. Ugh! The only thing I'm sure she likes is shoes. Is it ok to give shoes as an xmas pressie? :confused: I wouldn't mind getting a pair myself :D

I think if someone is into a particular thing then definitely get them that! You sound like a very nice gift giver

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

My cushions arrived from M&S! They're so lovely and soft <3

Decided to get a Christmas jumper so picked up a white one with penguins in Penneys. Also picked up some more of their musical soft decorations for the tree, anything to keep my actual decorations safe from the cat and kids

Edit: oh, and christmas tights!!! Will head back to penneys at the weekend without the kids to do some proper shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I had a few euro left on a Dunnes giftcard so I bought a couple of decorations. This one and a silver one.

7123190_red.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

So Santa drop the kids Lego at work for me and still unsure if I will keep this for myself or give it as a surprise!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I love that train!

Bought a box of biscuits for the neighbours today. Tesco had the Cadbury biscuit tin for €6.25 so we picked one up. It's my first time ever buying a tin of biscuits! No idea if €6.25 is any good or not but Tesco made it seem like it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭toddunctious

Got this in tk maxx today

Went to homestore, my husband came too so I had to restrain myself. Picked up the santa hat chair covers, some window decorations and unexpectedly a new rug!

• Advertisement

Went to homestore, my husband came too so I had to restrain myself. Picked up the santa hat chair covers, some window decorations and unexpectedly a new rug!

We're the Christmas fire guards in again this year ? Every year I miss them ! Determined to get one this year !

Advertisement