Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre in Turloughmore (TMR1_E01)

Options
  • 25-08-2015 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi,

I see on http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ that this exchange goes live on Sep 2nd. I am about .7k away. 
    I am not currently an eircom customer (previous owners were) so was wondering is there a way I can find out in advance if will be available to me so i can order in advance and cut lead time.

thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

yfaykya wrote: »
    Hi,

I see on http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ that this exchange goes live on Sep 2nd. I am about .7k away. 
    I am not currently an eircom customer (previous owners were) so was wondering is there a way I can find out in advance if will be available to me so i can order in advance and cut lead time.

thanks!
    Hi yfaykya

Until the cabinet launches we will be unable to confirm if it is available to a specific line with eircom and unfortunately we have very limited visibility on lines currently not with eircom (due to industry regulations) meaning that ultimately we will only be able to confirm if it is or not available to your line when the cab launched. Please do feel free to get back to me on Sept 2nd

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

Thanks Alan,

So on that day what will I need? I guess I need to borrow a phone to check the number (what is the number I need to dial for that?).

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thanks Alan,

So on that day what will I need? I guess I need to borrow a phone to check the number (what is the number I need to dial for that?).

Thanks.
    Hi yfaykya

Just the land line number and the address will do - you can check your land line number by plugging in a phone to the socket and dialling 199000

Cheers
    Al

Thanks Alan,

Thanks.
    Hi yfaykya

Just the land line number and the address will do - you can check your land line number by plugging in a phone to the socket and dialling 199000

Cheers
    Al
    I eventually (lots of calls outs by engineers - seems my whole roadks ducting was flooded! Lots of houses!) got eFibre. I was told by the wonderfully helpful Kelly in support that the exchange was being capped at 25Mb for now.
    Upstream line rate (kbit/s): 7167
    Downstream line rate (kbit/s): 25765
    Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s): 8757
    Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):  41761

So my questions are 
    a) How long after new exchange is the cap removed? (still paying!)
    b) Is there any plans for vectoring?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Well I'm on this exchange too and getting 1 meg download

• Advertisement

Do I need to start a new thread for a response?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

A little over .5 miles from the exchange. Paying for 7 mb but rarely getting more than one. Is there a reason why the new fibre is capped at 25 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Do I need to start a new thread for a response?
    Hi yfaykya

I have responded to your latest query/thread on this.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EDSER_1

I'm a new Eir customer connected to the Turloughmore exchange and in the evenings can only get 1Mb at best and it can drop to 0.5Mb. Have been trying to work with Eir but no help. Then asked to be connected to efibre which is at exchange and which was promised to me when signing contract but Eir wouldn't connect. I'm 1.7 km from exchange so am close enough to get service! What rights do I have? You see all the adds on TV for the new company Eir spending 16 million euros on rebranding but same old company with same poor customer service!!

Hi EDSER_1

If you would like to PM me your eir land line number or account number I will be happy to look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

1.7Km is the limit for fibre from the exchange. I think it's over 2km if your connected to a local cabinet.

jay93 wrote: »
    1.7Km is the limit for fibre from the exchange. I think it's over 2km if your connected to a local cabinet.
    Thanks jay93

Yes 1.7 to 2Km is about right. Important to note that the lines are not laid as the crow flies though.

Cheers
    Al

I PM'ed last week but no response yet...

I PM'ed last week but no response yet...
    I replied to your duplicate query and notified you of this in post #9

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057501484

Thanks
    Al

yes - apologies - I missed it somehow.

yes - apologies - I missed it somehow.
    No worries yfaykya

Thanks
    Al