Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free to air codes

Options
  • 25-08-2015 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I bought a new freeview/saorview tv. I dont have any satellite i just have an aeriel in the attic which works fine for saorview.
    I was told there are codes you can get online to input into the tvs settings and it gives you all of the english free to air channels without having to get a satellite and freesat box.
    If any knows how i could get the codes or has any info would appreciate the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,532 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

I was told there are codes you can get online to input into the tvs settings and it gives you all of the english free to air channels without having to get a satellite and freesat box.

The UK Freeview channels via an aerial are only receivable if you are within range of a UK transmitter in N Ireland or Wales with an appropriate aerial pointing at that transmitter otherwise a satellite dish and receiver will be required. Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭winston_1

I bought a new freeview/saorview tv. I dont have any satellite i just have an aeriel in the attic which works fine for saorview.
    If any knows how i could get the codes or has any info would appreciate the help

You certainly don't need to get a satellite. They are 23,000 miles away well out of reach, and cost a lot of money.

For English free to air channels if you are not within range you will need a dish and satellite receiver.

There are no codes to defy the laws of physics.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

no need to be so pedantic

Advertisement