Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weirdest thing your housemate has done?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Tompatrick

TheSheriff wrote: »
    Also lived with a primary school teacher who everyday at 3pm ( the rest of the house finished work at 5pm) would land back from work, change into her dressing gown, put on one of these mud mask type things and cucumbers over her eyes and LOCK, yes LOCK herself in the living room until about 9pm that night. She didnt have the tv on, she would just sit in there in complete darkness, curtins closed and ignoring if we knockeed (or banged) on the door. When confronted she said she needed to rest after her stressful day at work. Every fecking day was a stressful one it seems.

Without fail, this happened every single day. I eventually lost it with her and took the lock out of the living room door one weekend.

Possibly the most inconsiderate bitch i've ever had the pleasure of meeting

How long did this go on for? You sound like you were enabling it by allowing it happen more than a single day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Tompatrick wrote: »
    How long did this go on for? You sound like you were enabling it by allowing it happen more than a single day.

It went on for a few weeks admittedly,

I was new to Dublin at the time so spent most evenings out late and was gone at the weekends.

Its only when I settled in there and started getting home straight from work every vening I started questioning why the two other house mates (both girls who didnt have as strong personalities as her) were eating dinner in the kitchen where we had another tv.

More gems are coming back now about her.....

She took a week off once because she had her period ( she would openly broadcast this). Anyway I came home one evening and after dinner went to brush my teeth to find a nice used tampon sitting about 1cm away from my toothbrush on the sink :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Ohhhhhhhh fuuuuuuuuurrrrccckkk thhhaaaatttt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

TheSheriff wrote:
    She took a week off once because she had her period ( she would openly broadcast this). Anyway I came home one evening and after dinner went to brush my teeth to find a nice used tampon sitting about 1cm away from my toothbrush on the sink

Oh that's just pure disgusting!

Myself and a friend rented a student house for the summer months just after doing our finals. A classmates ex gf was to move in with us, they only broke up coz he was going on his J1. On her first night we all went out on the lash. She pulled and disappeared and we went home. Next morning or whenever it was I surfaced, my electric toothbrush was missing....she had brought back whoever she pulled and they "used" it. They didn't brush their teeth with it. Gross. I obviously didn't want it back!

BertyytreB wrote: »
    We had a house mate who was a primary school teacher...we thought great a nice friendly small children teacher. She was only about 5ft, dressed well, wore glasses, spoke well...She even had her mam help her move in, lovely lady.

Then as she was going out on nights out she would dress a bit goth-ish and we thought ok surprising as she looked totally different in her day to day wear...

Then she started bringing guys back...2am...had sex against our bedroom door with some guy....the next weekend chucked all the stuff off the kitchen table and had sex on it. This happened Friday and Saturday nights, on Sundays morning I would blast mass that used to be on the TV. This continued until we asked her to leave. I was left to clean her filthy room that had used condoms all under the bed and mattress...sick behatch.

You never can judge a book by it's cover.

Did you consider giving her a rattle yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

TheSheriff wrote:
    She took a week off once because she had her period ( she would openly broadcast this). Anyway I came home one evening and after dinner went to brush my teeth to find a nice used tampon sitting about 1cm away from my toothbrush on the sink

Winner,close the thread now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

Lived with a guy who was also the landlord. Rent was all inclusive and that supposedly covered all items. There was no toilet roll one day so I joked with him to go and get some but he replied "Yeah, we don't have any in at the moment but if you need a dump just have a bath afterwards - that's what I've been doing." Not sure how long we'd been out of toilet roll tbh.

Turned out he was bi too which I realised about two weeks after moving in having returned from work to find him wearing lipstick and rouge. His boyfriend "Dave" was on his way round for a night in with him. "Dave gives the best blowjobs ever" he told me assuredly. Thankfully, I never found out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

BertyytreB wrote: »

We had a house mate who was a primary school teacher...
    You never can judge a book by it's cover.

Hmm, teacher, 5ft, slightly goth, filthy bedroom...sounds familiar.
    Was she from Kildare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Shemale wrote: »
    Any woman I lived with.

Seriously how do they use one toilet roll a day, even as a single twenty year old with internet access I couldnt manage it

It's ridiculous, I actually did a test a few weeks back - live with one guy and two girls. I bought a pack of 12 rolls, kept one in my room, and only used that one. Five(!!) days later the rest were all gone, and I had well over half of my roll left. Which made even less sense since I was in between jobs at the time, and basically in the apartment on job sites nearly all day every day, while the guy was working part time and the two girls were working full time.

HOW!?!?!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Ladies wipe every time, lads only wipe on number 2.

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »
    It's ridiculous, I actually did a test a few weeks back - live with one guy and two girls. I bought a pack of 12 rolls, kept one in my room, and only used that one. Five(!!) days later the rest were all gone, and I had well over half of my roll left. Which made even less sense since I was in between jobs at the time, and basically in the apartment on job sites nearly all day every day, while the guy was working part time and the two girls were working full time.

HOW!?!?!?!?

Do you wipe your knob after a whizz? Women wipe their vageens after a widdle so use more bog roll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Do you wipe your knob after a whizz

Yes

Yes

How much potty paper do you get through?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Not really my housemate as such but anyway.

One time back in college I got lucky and got to go home with a bird. She shared a big bedroom with two other girls. There were three double beds in the room.

Anyway, we did the biz and fell asleep. Something woke me later in the night and I saw one of the other women get up out of bed, go over to a chest of drawers, open the bottom drawer, sit down on it and take a p1ss. She then closed the drawer and got back into the bed.

Does that qualify as disgusting?

How much potty paper do you get through?

Thought everyone did

HOW!?!?!?!?

I suppose how much toilet paper you use depends on the consistency of the crap that comes out of you and how hairy your arse is.

Hairy arse probably needs more toilet paper to get it clean. Scuttery sh1te probably needs more toilet paper too.

From a lazyness point of view I love the "ghost sh1tes". There the ones that disappear down the ubend without flushing and then when you wipe your arse, there's no trace that the sh1te was ever there.

Do you wipe your knob after a whizz? Women wipe their vageens after a widdle so use more bog roll.

I know, but 11 rolls in 5 days when they were in the house (and not in bed) for roughly a half hour before work, and 4-5 after work, with both out and about for most of the day on weekends... it`s astonishing! I`ve lived with women before plenty of times but never seen anything like this, don`t get me wrong though they`re both sound and don`t have bad habits. But if both were between jobs at the same time and looking for work (especially with it being such a humid summer in Toronto) they could clear through a forest worth of bog roll every week. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

HOW!?!?!?!?

They are probably stockpiling your toilet rolls in their rooms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I suppose how much toilet paper you use depends on the consistency of the crap that comes out of you and how hairy your arse is.

Hairy arse probably needs more toilet paper to get it clean. Scuttery sh1te probably needs more toilet paper too.

From a lazyness point of view I love the "ghost sh1tes". There the ones that disappear down the ubend without flushing and then when you wipe your arse, there's no trace that the sh1te was ever there.

Wonderful insight into the world of sh1te. What about the foot-longs that don't flush? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

fatbhoy wrote: »
    Wonderful insight into the world of sh1te. What about the foot-longs that don't flush? :pac:

Or the submarines that come back up.

• Advertisement

I know, but 11 rolls in 5 days when they were in the house (and not in bed) for roughly a half hour before work, and 4-5 after work, with both out and about for most of the day on weekends... it`s astonishing! I`ve lived with women before plenty of times but never seen anything like this, don`t get me wrong though they`re both sound and don`t have bad habits. But if both were between jobs at the same time and looking for work (especially with it being such a humid summer in Toronto) they could clear through a forest worth of bog roll every week. :pac:

Maybe they found another use...did their t1ts look bigger when they were going out on the rampage at night?

Or the submarines that come back up.

Yes, I've found that women are responsible for the floaters, usually. Maybe there's a published paper on The World of Sh1te? Where's me Google...

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Reiver

I remember laying an absolute monster once that was solid it didn't break up on the way out. I felt almost proud after it like a parent might.

I think we can identify who all the weird housemates are on boards

Thought everyone did

What do you do at a urinal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

When I was in Uni one of the lads was weird as ****.

Highlights - watching Beauty & The Beast twice in a row then proceeding to clean up the house while shouting the words to the Gaston song. Telling all of the members of The Brian Jonestown Massacre that they're "not the ****ing Stone Roses" and challenging them all to fight individually. Coming home angry after a weekend at home after finding out that someone's friend had slept in his room while he was away. Nothing odd about that apart from getting so angry he stomped his own bed into splinters. He ended up swinging for one of the boys when he was drunk and felt so bad about it afterwards that he took off his top and handed me his belt, demanding I whip him as punishment.

Crazy dude, pretty chilled in recent years though.

Might as well add constructively to the thread...

I lived in a mad house full of mad yokes for a while. One morning I woke up and came down to the living room to the sight of a housemate passed-out on the couch with his trousers down and his (soft) c0ck in his hand... he obviously came in drunk, started wonking, fell asleep. This was just before everyone's phone had cameras on them... oh well. Oh how we laughed...

What do you do at a urinal ?

Who you been talking too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Might as well add constructively to the thread...

I lived in a mad house full of mad yokes for a while. One morning I woke up and came down to the living room to the sight of a housemate passed-out on the couch with his trousers down and his (soft) c0ck in his hand... he obviously came in drunk, started wonking, fell asleep. This was just before everyone's phone had cameras on them... oh well. Oh how we laughed...

Was he from Mayo by any chance? Had a similar housemate who was a serious alco, a crowd of us arrived back from the pub one night to see him passed out in front of the Playboy channel, lad in hand

• Advertisement

Was he from Mayo by any chance? Had a similar housemate who was a serious alco, a crowd of us arrived back from the pub one night to see him passed out in front of the Playboy channel, lad in hand

No, but his name was Pato...oops :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

My partner and I shared with another couple a while back. We would all do our own washing so there was no reason for our clothes to get mixed up but I was in my housemates room chatting with her and noticed a pair of my underwear inside a pair of jeans on top of the wash basket. I didn't know what to say! They were definitely mine as they were part of a set I had gotten as a gift, she's a size 12 and I'm an 8 so she had to have known they were mine adn they can't have been comfortable... We were moving out in a few weeks anyways so I never mentioned it but that's fúcking weird.

rawn wrote: »
    My partner and I shared with another couple a while back. We would all do our own washing so there was no reason for our clothes to get mixed up but I was in my housemates room chatting with her and noticed a pair of my underwear inside a pair of jeans on top of the wash basket. I didn't know what to say! They were definitely mine as they were part of a set I had gotten as a gift, she's a size 12 and I'm an 8 so she had to have known they were mine adn they can't have been comfortable... We were moving out in a few weeks anyways so I never mentioned it but that's fúcking weird.

I had something similar, I was living with 2 guys and a couple of my bras disappeared. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

when i was living in London, i had this bitch of a housemate who insisted on watching Eastenders in the living room, even though she had a portable telly in her bedroom...one night i was happening to be watching something else and she fly's off the handle insisting we switch over to Eastenders :rolleyes: i told her in no uncertain terms to get stuffed!! self centred cow

fryup wrote: »
    when i was living in London, i had this bitch of a housemate who insisted on watching Eastenders in the living room, even though she had a portable telly in her bedroom...one night i was happening to be watching something else and she fly's off the handle insisting we switch over to Eastenders :rolleyes: i told her in no uncertain terms to get stuffed!! self centred cow

Is it just me, or are people who watch soaps in particular more incredulous that the rest of the world doesn`t also religiously follow their favourite one just as much as them, moreso than say sports, reality TV, news, documentary fans, etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I lived with a Czech girl that complained I was brushing my teeth too loudly :confused: It wasn't an electric toothbrush and her room wasn't even next to the bathroom.

My friend lived with a complete weirdo. One night he arrived home hammered and went into one of the girl's rooms in the house and pissed on her chair. He pretended like nothing happened the next day. He came on to her a few times as well after that.

• Advertisement

He came on to her a few times as well after that.
    That guy really needs to learn to control his bodily fluids.

Here is what you do.

1. Buy a plunger and a sweeping brush handle.
    2. Remove plunger head from plunger handle.
    3. Attach plunger head to sweeping brush handle.
    4. Throw away short plunger handle.
    5. Grab new plunger with both hands and hammer the fcuk out of that 12" sh1te.

The extra long handle comes in handy when you are trying to push a 4" sh1te through a 2"pipe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Friend of a friend used to live with J1er who rarely washed, had multiple sexual partners, wore buckets of fake tan and for some bizarre reason used bleach when she did decide to have a bit of a wash.
    Throw in living in the stifling summer heat of a major US city and you've got yourself a real party there!!!

Think she developed a bit of a coke habit too and left serious bills behind her just to really take the biscuit.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Here is what you do.

1. Buy a plunger and a sweeping brush handle.
    2. Remove plunger head from plunger handle.
    3. Attach plunger head to sweeping brush handle.
    4. Throw away short plunger handle.
    5. Grab new plunger with both hands and hammer the fcuk out of that 12" sh1te.

The extra long handle comes in handy when you are trying to push a 4" sh1te through a 2"pipe.
    Surely there's got to be an easier way?

Or if you've got a problem that Dynorod can't cure call in these lads! :D
    http://waytogoto.com/wiki/images/2/27/Missle.gif

• Advertisement

Lads, what is it you're all eating so I can keep away from it myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ash777

I lived with a Czech girl that complained I was brushing my teeth too loudly :confused: It wasn't an electric toothbrush and her room wasn't even next to the bathroom.

Was she serious? :confused: There's no way you could really be heard brushing your teeth, so what the heck?!!

Lads, what is it you're all eating so I can keep away from it myself?

Chocolate Swiss rolls... 33% extra free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

ash777 wrote: »
    Was she serious? :confused: There's no way you could really be heard brushing your teeth, so what the heck?!!

She was a pretty serious person, you'd never really get much of a laugh out of her. She seemed serious about it when she told me anyway. I'm still baffled by it 6 years later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

ash777 wrote: »
    Did she ask again for the money?

No but she had an awful habit of doing similar things to get money off us like buying unnecessary shiite for the house and later claiming that we owe her money for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Crumpets wrote: »
    No but she had an awful habit of doing similar things to get money off us like buying unnecessary shiite for the house and later claiming that we owe her money for it.

My housemate did that too. "Oh look i bought more ceramic oven dishes and a rice cuber! So you all owe me €2 each." Eh how bout no.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Reiver

rawn wrote: »

Maybe her boyfriend was wearing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Back in the late 80s I Worked for a friend of my father's in a pub in England. One of the perks was a big room on the 3rd storey of one of his houses. I had to share this room with my bosses younger brother. We'll call him davey. He deserves a thread all to himself.
    Anyway, An old friend of Davey's arrived from San Fran and was thinking of hanging around for a few weeks before he went home to Ireland. Davey asked me was it OK for his mate to kip in a sleeping bag on our floor . No problem.

He turned out to be a complete nutter. He'd come in pissed every night , lie on the bed and say "Boy, am I pissed?" in an american accent every 30 seconds. At weekends he used to play The Pogues "And the Band Played Waltzing matilda" over and over.

There was a sink in the bedroom for shaving, brushing teeth etc. One night after a session he got up and went to the ground floor for a piss. There was someone else in the toillet so he said he'd run back up to the room and piss in the sink. Howver he lost count of the stairs and ran into Big Patsy's room turned and started pissing. Instead of pissing into the sink he pissed into the cot of a 6 month old baby. I can still hear the slaps he got.

Even if that never happened, he was getting the door the following day anyway. Before he came home from the pub he tried touching up the wife of the landlord (of the pub and his bedroom).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Hade a housemate who worked in the library in Rathmines. Librarians a quiet and sebsible; right? She was a kleptomaniac and would bring a carrier bag of books home every day. The house was full of flecking books, thousands.
    She also would binge eat, literally empty the fridge during the night, then spend an hour trying get to puke it up again.

Another had a thing about marrying a professor. Any professor would do. She got a job as a minder to an OAP in New York and I lost track of her. Met her last summer and the OAP had died and she married their son. A Professor !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Back when I stayed in college accommodation. There was this American housemate. Who seemed to be tight on funds at first so you would at first feel sorry for him.
    But then he could afford to buy stuff like Irish Road signs that were in miles online. The change over to kilometers had just occurred and the signs were not in fact from back in the day... We did not have the heart to tell him.

The feeling sorry for him evaporated gradually, particularly when he used to appear suddenly when the girls in the house made dinner (they paid for all the stuff) and he appeared and says "mmm that smells good". This happened so often that the girls stopped making dinner when he was around.

He also invited his girlfriend over on holidays to sleep in his room. This would have been OK. But this also included her mother and sister who slept in the communal area as he said there were "no bed and breakfasts available". The other housemates who agreed to it regretted their decision when they ended up spending most of their time in the place.

The guys stinginess was not limited to us he used to turn up to house parties without bottles of wine/cans all the time.

The weird part of his stinginess was when I caught him using handcream to wash dishes instead of buying washing up liquid...

When he was asked to do any household chores he would mention his bad back. This was particularly useful when he could avoid emptying the black bin bags.
    I tested the bin bag one day to see how heavy it was and it was grand anyone could lift it. So for the the craic I asked him to empty the bin bag.... He proceeded to start a way over the top slow motion lifting theatrics saying "oh man my back".

Another funny bit about him was that he said he used to be a chef in America. Now I don't know what type of chef he was but the guy literally did not know how to boil rice.

I still wonder did he actually believe his own bull**** or did he get a kick out of bull****ting everyone else?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement