Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defering a repeat year.

Options
  • 26-08-2015 4:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Does anybody know if it is possible after getting the permission to repeat my second year if it is possible then to defer it for one year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

it would be but not sure why you would bother

people come back and repeat when they wish to or when they can afford it.

applying to repeat and then deferring the place would prob just be a lot of paperwork for everyone. Prob easier to just apply to repeat when you feel you are ready/afford it etc

the longer you leave it the more likely you are to have to repeat internally. Some people do return after years and years and finish off their programme

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭jamesk014

Thank you for the answer. I applied to repeat internally but never took into account the lose of my grant for not progressing in education. So I didn't know wheather to defer the accepted repeat year or not register and leave it and apply again next year once I can afford the year. Would you recommend deferring or applying again next year ?

has your application been processed yet.

If your application hasnt been processed yet and you decide not to proceed at the moment I would advise you to simply email the registration.service@dit.ie

if your application has been processed and you have received details on how to register I would again advise to simply email registration.service@dit.ie As long as you do this before 1st September it should be simply straightforward but you would have reapply when you are ready. After that date they may ask you to withdraw formally (i.e. more paperwork).

Are you repeating the full year or are you just repeating certain modules.

It will be the full year internal repeat. I am expecting it to be processed and to receive the detail to register any day now.

I will contact them first thing tomorrow about it I just didn't now if deferring a repeat place was a possible option in the system.

Is it possible to defer it and have that place there for definite next year or would contacting them just cancel the repeat application and simply mean reapplying next year for it?

deferring is always possible but remember you have fill out more paperwork and get your approval from your Head of School (the same person who approved your internal repeat). Registrations/Student Services simply administer what the Head of School would approve...they dont decide what is possible or not possible. Your Head of School may actually prefer you to simply reapply when you ready.

Contacting and cancelling your application would simply mean reapplying when you are ready to return...complete the form and get it approved again.

I wouldnt be too concerned about the place being there or not. Everyone is only registered for the year they are in (i.e. Year 2) so technically you finished back in May anyway so at present you dont have a place. Returning to repeat internally is pretty standard not a big deal at all.

Your best option is actually speaking to your Head of School...i.e. what would they prefer/advise you to do.

• Advertisement

I think I do just that, contact the head of school once again and see what she recommends I do.

I just wana say thank you, youv be a massive help in informing be better of my situation and how things work. It always seems so hard to get a proper understanding when on phone call after phone call to different departments.

Thank you very much,

James

no bother :)

Advertisement