Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits

Options
  • 26-08-2015 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Looking to buy a new suit.. Don't need anything too fancy, just a tidy slim fit two piece.. Not looking to spend over 120 if possible.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Tesco. Perhaps something on a sale rack in Marks&Spencers. Your budget is really tight and limiting your options. If you can find a few more euro then Marks have good quality suits for under 200.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

As usual, I suggest a quick look in charity shops. You may be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I had a "charity" day last weekend where I hit most of the shops from Camden to Capel. Sadly all the suits seem to be made for very very small men who only like the colour grey. :(

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Wardrobe clear-out at the Áras?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

My brother is the charity shop rooter.

It's a matter of timing. He got a whole load of skinny person designer gear a couple of months ago from a shop in Rathmines. I sometimes wonder is it offended ex-partners that dump a whole load of the other half's clothes. These were the sort of designers that you think 'Jaysus who in their right mind would wear that?' but people do and pay handsomely for them on eBay. Think Justin Bieber on a night out.

Anyway, it's just an option for the OP - there can be and are treasures to be found.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Rainmann

Right lads! Thanks for the replys.
    I guess I could push the budget to 200 if needs be.. Just don't want to pay a crazy amount for something I rarely use

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Try the Arnotts bargain basement. I got a 3 piece Remus Uomo suit from there a few years back reduced from over 400 to 99.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

What about the likes of topman, burtons, forever 21, Bests Clearance store on Parnell St.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Rainmann

What about the likes of topman, burtons, forever 21, Bests Clearance store on Parnell St.

Cheers lads. Got a nice one for 99 beans in burtons😎

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Looking for one myself, budget 200€, seen a place in GPO that sells them. What would be good for an interview? Colors etc, looking to get shoes too, should I get a shirt and tie there or in Penny's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

TallGlass wrote: »
    seen a place in GPO that sells them.

Dorian Black.

Got my last one in there, very nice people to deal with and a nice suit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Looking for one myself, budget 200€, seen a place in GPO that sells them. What would be good for an interview? Colors etc, looking to get shoes too, should I get a shirt and tie there or in Penny's?

Navy plain suit, looks sharp and you can mix and match loads of shirts and tie colours, and use for weddings etc, and colour is always in.

You'll pick up a decent quality shirt and tie in tk max, cufflinks too if you're going double cuff....or if you're near Kildare outlet Ralph Lauren do nice plain single and double cuff for around €25 if that's in budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Actually if you're buying the suit, ask them to throw in the shirt and two ties as well, I say two ties so you might get one and the shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Go to Zara on South King Street. They are actually modern looking and decent quality(Turkish versus cheap asian imports from most suit places).

Everyone is wearing navy with brown shoes. Match it with a blue shirt. The staff in Zara South King street are really helpful and will tell you watch to buy. My suit from Zara was like €130 and looks really good.

Advertisement