Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

First time Bike

• 26-08-2015 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi guys

Im just wondering approx how much i would need to budget to get a 50cc scooter or bike on the road,

The nearest price i can get on a ten year old is about 500 on done deal, the hardest part im finding ot price is insurance

Rang carol nash and they need make and model and year of bike, which i dont have

Would anyone know a ball park figure for someone on a provisional over 35 looking for insurance for a 2005 50cc bike?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

If you have the full A learner permit just get a bigger bike unless this is due to financial reasons.

Have you done IBT yet?

I think you'll be bored of a 50cc after a week. It's nothing like the big bike you'll need to use for the driving test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Its next to impossible to give an "accurate guesstimate" (If anything like that even exists) on insurances policy's because of the countless variables.

Your best bet is to pick a 50cc scooter, fill in the online application forms and just use the figure you get as a ball park. Chances are if its 50cc and your 35 its going to be pretty cheap. Id be surprised if it was over the cost of the scooter tbh but again it all depends on a lot of variables.

Unless it will be exclusively used in the city centre or short distances Id really recommend looking for something a bit bigger. With your age the sky is the limit when it comes to choosing a bike.

Advertisement