Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Correct invoice

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi SueA,

We are aware that there are some issues with customers viewing their bills at the moment. We hope to have this resolved as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I have sent you a private message to discuss the questions about your account.

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭SueA

Aoife this is not so, as you can see from my threads and private messages I've had to request a readable bill for the last 3 bills.

It's not acceptable to give customers a total, no breakdown and expect them to pay whatever is requested without the information to back up the charges.

EI have proved time and again that they have incorrectly invoiced me so expecting me, or anyone, to blindly pay a total is not acceptable.

The ongoing saga, and at this stage it could be a trilogy with Electric Ireland is that they sent a letter saying that unless I paid them €300 they would cease supply.  This is because, with all the incorrect invoices and still incorrect statement I've put the Direct Debit on hold until all is sorted.   I can't afford to pay them money that they are not due, I simply don't have that in my budget and why should I give more money to them than they are due.

After all the problems I've had, ending supply sounded like a good solution. 

Now, they have renegade on this saying they won't stop supplying me. 

I think at this stage they have broken most of their own customer charter, customer policies and one or two laws.  

I'm not sure if the sage is a comedy or tragedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi SueA,

Thanks for your message, we're sorry for the delay.

We have responded to your private message.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

You didn't reply, you copy and pasted the last email from Aoife, which she had repeated from her mail before that, the copy and paste did not solve the problem the first time and it only made things worse the second time.

Please read the mail and provide the dates of the cessation of services from Electric Ireland.

I don't care about your internal investigations, I accept the letters content saying the EI will not supply me with Electricity. State the date so that I can make my own arrangements.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057490773

If anyone values their sanity stay away from Electric Ireland as a supplier.

• Advertisement

Hi SueA,

We have responded to your private message as we cannot discuss your account publicly.

Thanks,
    Brige

Yes, Brige,

but your message is the same thing again and again, word games to meet EI own aims instead of giving me the date for cessation of supply.  The letter clearly states that if I didn't pay  €300 deposit EI will cease supply, please provide a date for same as I will not pay this charge.

I dont care that it's been credited to my account, the fact is that all this took place without my having information on the charge or making a decision.  I choose to accept the terms of the letter and have EI no longer bill me for supply.

With the date of cessation of billing I can give this to a new supplier with a reading and they will charge from the date and reading. No doubt suppliers all cross check that these are correct.

EI have voided the contract with the letter so please supply the date as requested, many, many times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Private message sent.

Yes but it says the same thing as the others there is no progress here.  EI clearly stated that they would stop supplying me if I didn't pay €300 I refuse, so please supply the date that you will stop supplying me with electricity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hello again SueA,

Private message has been sent.

Una

• Advertisement

And again the message is the same, it's like a broken record. 

Seriously if anyone values their sanity do not chose Electric Ireland as your supplier.  I regret the day I did, it was wrong from day one and has continued for 9 months. 

If they were to give power away for free I would never use them again.

Another week, another copy and paste message from Electric Ireland and absolutely no progress with the issues.

And again, again, they refuse to communicate - never a good tactic for  customer service.

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Hi SueA[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]We have responded to your private message as we cannot discuss your account publicly.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]As mentioned in the private message, we have done all we can for you in relation to this particular query. We regret if you are unhappy with the outcome, but we can only advise you of what steps need to be taken to proceed.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Thanks,
    Brige [/font]

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Since this issue appears to have reached the limit of what can be achieved on Boards, I'm closing the thread. 

Hopefully you can follow whatever direction has been given SueA and resolve the issue to your satisfaction soon. 

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement