Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Correct invoice

Options
  • 26-08-2015 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

As Electric Ireland reps appear to be no longer bothering to answer private mails I'll post here and copy same to every bit of social media in my name.
    Summary:

Via Email: Electric Ireland has refused to issue a bill since the customer reading was submitted on 27/08/2015.  On 27/07/2015, I emailed them that I'd logged a customer reading, so there can be no excuse made for overlooking it.  I didn’t and haven't receive a response.

Again on 7th August I asked for the customer reading bill and didn’t receive a response.

On the 11th August I again asked for the bill and didn’t receive a response.

On the 19th August I was informed that the bill had been estimated by Electric Ireland and that a bill would be issued for this estimate instead of my logged reading.  This is not what Electric Ireland says the policy is.  Customer readings can be submitted at any time and an invoice will be issued in 4 days.

Daily correspondence on Boards.ie has only produced 3 incorrect bills, two of which were credited and one remains active and now complete silence.

I would really seriously not recommend Electric Ireland to anyone, to begin with they got the price plan wrong, twice. 

They put a meter reading on my account as if the guy had read the meter, which is in my kitchen and can't be seen from ouside the house.  They are now refusing to deal with the matter and keep refering me to Electric Networks, with whom I don't have a contract.

Then they messed up taking the first Standing order, taking it well before the given dates.

Now they won't use my accurate customer reading and want me to pay more than is due on the account, and more standing charges. 

Seriously don't do business with them, anyone else is better.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi SueA,

We are sorry for the delay, but we have not forgotten you.

We have responded to your private message now.

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭SueA

You responded with the same rubbish as previously.  There can't of been any investigation to delay responding to my emails or messages because you're saying exactly the same thing. Using investigation as an excuse is not acceptable behaviour for continuing to not issue the correct bill to me, immediately.

Invoice me for the correct amount as per the customer reading 41400 KW and 44 days standing charges.  I don't care what date the invoice says this is not an issue the value of the invoice is. I have repeated this several times now so issue the correct invoice.

I carefully budget the use of my electricity and broadband to meet my small fixed income hence my customer readings. Electric Ireland are doing everything to ensuring that I go over that budget and the account will go into arrears. Bad customer service and bad policy.

And the last incorrect invoice EI sent doesn't actually open on the account - blank sheet.

Seriously no one should choose Electric Ireland for their supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

The customer service via email is awful. I tried it once, and only once. I got a response WEEKS after making contact with a stock answer written in a foreign accent. Yes, even in the written word.

percy212 wrote: »
    The customer service via email is awful. I tried it once, and only once. I got a response WEEKS after making contact with a stock answer written in a foreign accent. Yes, even in the written word.
    Tell me about it but as I can't use the phone, I have no other option.    This has been going on now since 27/07/2015.  Same stock answers, I've given the a copy and past list of the costs for the bill but they seem incapable of even this small task.  Silly games instead of answers and solutions, it's like they want rid of their customers?

And just checked my online account.  All the readings have been deleted, leaving only one that was estimated - after my customer reading- by electric Ireland.   Good job I took a screen grab of it as evidence.

The last bill that doesn't show on my online account except for a total, will be posted to me, this is not what I signed up for which is online billing.

EI are refusing the charge me the correct amount saying that I must accept their standing charge of 69 days instead of the 44 that was the date of reading.  they have agreed the customer reading of the meter itself - after great trouble to myself and bullying from them.

Why should I give EI monies that are not due to them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

I am sure the reps on boards will take care of you. They seem very responsive. 

The email support via the company website is obviously outsourced and poorly managed. Even with all your info in hand, they just reply with some script. Its really bad for the company image. Needs fixin!

Keep all your correspondence and keep making your point :)

And just checked my online account.  All the readings have been deleted, leaving only one that was estimated  - after my customer reading- by electric Ireland.   Good job I took a screen grab of it as evidence.

The last bill that doesn't show on my online account except for a total, and I've been told that it will be posted to me, this is not what I signed up for which is online billing.

EI are refusing the charge me the correct amount saying that I must accept their standing charge of 69 days instead of the 44 that was the date of reading - corporate bullying !! they have agreed the customer reading of the meter itself - after great trouble to myself.

No one has the right to reach into my pocket and take monies not due to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

SueA wrote: »
    Tell me about it but as I can't use the phone, I have no other option.    This has been going on now since 27/08/2015.  Same stock answers, I've given the a copy and past list of the costs for the bill but they seem incapable of even this small task.  Silly games instead of answers and solutions, it's like they want rid of their customers?
    27/8/15 is tomorrow :)

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Tell me about it but as I can't use the phone, I have no other option.    This has been going on now since 27/08/2015.  Same stock answers, I've given the a copy and past list of the costs for the bill but they seem incapable of even this small task.  Silly games instead of answers and solutions, it's like they want rid of their customers?
    27/8/15 is tomorrow :)
    They have my head done in 27/7/2015 sorry :-) EI estimated reading was on 10/08/15, 12 days after I lodged a customer reading and told them that I had done this in an email.

I've found the Electric Ireland customer charter and been to the the energy ombudsman site  and are lots of issues for recourse through writing to Electric Ireland's customer service and then the EO.

Seriously stay away from Electric Ireland, I'm sure I'm not the only one that is being overcharged.

• Advertisement

Hi percy212,

We are sorry to read this. Is there anything we can help you with?

Thanks,
    Aoife

Hi SueA,

We are sorry to read that you feel this way.

We have sent you another private message as we are unable the specifics of the account in a public domain.

Thanks,
    Aoife

Hi SueA,

We are sorry to read that you feel this way.

We have sent you another private message as we are unable the specifics of the account in a public domain.

Thanks,
    Aoife
    What you sent was the same messages as before.  I simply want the correct invoice. customer reading of 41400 kw, 44 days standing charge.  VAT. I've given you it in a table the exact charges.  I don't care what date it says on the bill, and I've said this numerous times,  its the value of the bill that's important.  I've said all this repeatedly in messages to you and your colleagues.  Nothing is getting through. I've wasted most of today and the last weeks on this issue. It's completely messed up my tight budget, the account will now go into arrears as I've had to stop the direct debit being taken as the value of the bill does not reflect the actual costs.

Received the "new" bill via email, only to discover its still wrong !!!

And now silence.  They are always sorry, but never actually do anything.

Electric Ireland are just as much a mess as Irish Water

Hi SueA,

We have sent you a private message.

Thanks,
    Aoife

So 6 incorrect invoices later and one credit note we are still no where near getting to the correct bill.

The next period bill is due so now I will owe two periods bills, which is going to make life very hard for me as I live on a small fixed income that means I have to budget my finances and use of utilities such as electricity, water and broadband.

I cant wait to NOT be a customer of Electric Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

So 6 incorrect invoices later and one credit note we are still no where near getting to the correct bill.

The next period bill is due so now I will owe two periods bills, which is going to make life very hard for me as I live on a small fixed income that means I have to budget my finances and use of utilities such as electricity, water and broadband.

I presume your new bill will come at the end of this month. I assume it will include any arrears, if any. If the meter is "read" rather than estimated then the amount you owe will be correct.
    It all balances out.

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »

I presume your new bill will come at the end of this month. I assume it will include any arrears, if any. If the meter is "read" rather than estimated then the amount you owe will be correct.
    It all balances out.
    It all balances out does not help me balance my budget of usage or financially.  I will now have two bills to pay at once.  Which will cause me sever hardship.  This responce underlines the problem with Electric Ireland they only consider themselves when they bill people incorrectly.
    There is still no solution to the wrong bill from my customer reading on 27/07/2015.

Hi SueA,

We have responded to your private message.

Thanks,
    Aoife

I will be making an official complaint regarding EI ability to provide a correct bill in a timely manner, and a correct statement, along with not solving the problem in the prescribed time limits according to EI customer charter. This is taking more of my time and financial resources. this will be pursued to the Ombudsman if necessary.

I have stopped my direct debits as I no longer trust EI to bill me correctly or to take action, in a timely manner, if they have not done so. Electric Ireland does not have the right to take monies from my account that are not reflective of a correct bill for utility use, and I've noticed the estimated readings are always overcharged in the favour of EI. The problems with EI started when I logged my own customer reading thus reducing the monies paid to the correct amount.

I've logged another correct meter reading today and the system told me it was too low !

If anyone is thinking about an Electric Ireland account, please choose another company - any company but Electric Ireland.

• Advertisement

So the ongoing saga is that I made a reading on 1st September, and logged it accordingly.  I then again, had to beg for an invoice. 

In the meantime, EI put that the previous bill had been paid showing my account was clear- when it wasn't.  They were sorry for the confusion !

So, I paid the reading made on 1st of September and awaiting the correction of the account which took over a week.

Went to check the account this Friday to make a payment of the initial invoice to discover a bill for €300 security deposit.
    They are sorry for the confusion!

So got a letter in the post today threatening that if I don't pay the €300 EI won't supply me with Electricity.  I'm not paying it, informed them so and with much relief I'm no longer and EI customer. 

If EI were giving electricity away free I would still avoid them.  I thoroughly recommend not having any dealings with them and will Facebook & twittering the same to my 3.5 million followers.

Taking a final reading this evening and can feel the weight of the world lifting off my shoulders.  Though I'm still pursuing this with customer complaints and the Ombudsman.

If you are thinking of switching to Electric Ireland my advice is that any other supplier is better than EI stay well clear,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi SueA,

We're very sorry to read this.

We have received your private message and will responded as soon we can.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Still begging for a bill that will bring this sorry saga of an account to a close. 

Please folks if you are thinking of switching to Electric Ireland, choose another company, any company but Electric Ireland.

Let me guess the private message will say - sorry for the confusion, sorry that you feel this way and lots of other scripted answers that don't actually deal or solve the problem.

Hi SueA,

We have responded to your private message.

Thanks,
    Aoife

The invoice that you told me was on my account does not show any details when I open it ,the page is blank.  We have discussed this before on previous invoices. I want, and am entitled to a proper invoice, showing all the details of usage, standing charge, vat etc that everyone else gets. 

Now an email contradicting your last private message saying that the account had the balance I paid on Friday allocated. 

EI shambles.

Hi SueA,

We just want to make you aware that we have replied to your private message.

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭niall1811

Seems like you're having a few problems there sue! <snip> I recommend contacting the commission of energy regulation who should be able to help you with the legal end of things. I'm assuming since you haven't left them already you are still under contract? Maybe consider paying the exit fee, even though as you said you are on a limited income would it outweigh the hassle of further dealings? However there is an agreement that if you are over 200 in arrears, which while not your fault it seems like you may be at the moment EI would block your attempt to leave.
    Maybe in the future considering you're circumstances look at a payment plan option that most companies will offer that may help you with your household budgeting I know it helped me!
    <snip>

Thanks Niall.  thankfully I've kept paying the "what I think amount" and so am not in any arrears, my fault or theirs.  The last invoice says that I am but, the rep say's I'm not. Of course I've asked for it in writing and a new bill.

I'm under contract for another few months, and feel that they are trying to push me out so that they can charge the fee €50.00.  They have already tried to make me pay the €300 security deposit because I, after telling them so,  blocked the Direct Debit. EI still tried to take it and it bounced but cost me nothing.  The direct debit would have been for the wrong amount in their favour.

I'm looking at those budget plans as we speak and just wonder about having  credit with a utility company rather than having the funds in my own account. Even if the customers  had 1c in credit, to the utilities hundreds of thousands of householders, that's a fair bit of dosh in the suppliers account getting interest, with no give back to the householders/customers. 

Yep, I've started the complaint procedure by contacting EI complaints - of course no response, then I will go to the ombudsman.  It's all such a waste of time.

Thanks for the reply.

• Advertisement

The bill for €24.97 is still not view able in pdf and can only bee seen on the statement as a total.  This is since the 28/09/15 and contradicts the private email that you sent me saying that it is visible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement