Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about joining Gardaí??

Options
  • 26-08-2015 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I am currently in the Army but over the last few weeks i have been thinking of applying for the guards. My contract will be out soon and i plan to do an overseas trip(hopefully) before i decide anything. I would be interested in joining the Regional Support Unit and hopefully move on to the ERU with time. I do know you need 4 years experience as a guard before being elegible to apply for the RSU but otherwise my knowledge on the subject is very limited so can anybody shed some light or give me info about the guards and the RSU like what its like, is it worth trying? Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

holohw wrote: »
    I am currently in the Army but over the last few weeks i have been thinking of applying for the guards. My contract will be out soon and i plan to do an overseas trip(hopefully) before i decide anything. I would be interested in joining the Regional Support Unit and hopefully move on to the ERU with time. I do know you need 4 years experience as a guard before being elegible to apply for the RSU but otherwise my knowledge on the subject is very limited so can anybody shed some light or give me info about the guards and the RSU like what its like, is it worth trying? Thank you

I think there is a garda recruitment forum on here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,205 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

As above, please post in the Emergency Services forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement