Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US OPEN August 31 - September 13 2015 (SEE MOD NOTE POST #8)

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

lostcat wrote: »
    I think Djokovic might hit that nail on the head, if he wins a French. He has after all beaten Nadal many times on clay....

Indeed. I can only recall one 5 setter between Federer and Nole on clay, the 2011 FO semi. Federer was on fire that day. But, Nole has probably gotten even better on clay since then.

2012 SEMI at RG: Nole in 3!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

lostcat wrote: »
    I think Djokovic might hit that nail on the head, if he wins a French. He has after all beaten Nadal many times on clay....

But he's played Federer 8 times on clay and lost 4 of them...

Although they are 21-21, it's clear that Nole is the bigger winner on the bigger occasion. 8-6 in GS matches and 3-0 in matches lasting 5 sets. 8-7 in 5 set matches. All finals he leads 10-6. There is no area "of significance" where Federer leads their head to head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

walshb wrote: »
    Although they are 21-21, it's clear that Nole is the bigger winner on the bigger occasion. 8-6 in GS matches and 3-0 in matches lasting 5 sets. 8-7 in 5 set matches. All finals he leads 10-6. There is no area "of significance" where Federer leads their head to head.

3-0 in matches lasting 5 hours ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Sweetpotato Burrito

Indeed. I can only recall one 5 setter between Federer and Nole on clay, the 2011 FO semi. Federer was on fire that day. But, Nole has probably gotten even better on clay since then.

2012 SEMI at RG: Nole in 3!

The 2011 semi was Federer in 4 sets. That was peak Djokovic and Federer was too good that day. Djokovic is not as good on clay in 2015 as he was in 2015, in fact he's not as good on any surface compared to 2011. He was a beast that year. His focus was razor sharp. Players usually peak at about 24 in tennis. It was true for Federer (2006), Djokovic(2011) and Nadal (2010).

The 2011 semi was Federer in 4 sets. That was peak Djokovic and Federer was too good that day. Djokovic is not as good on clay in 2015 as he was in 2015, in fact he's not as good on any surface compared to 2011. He was a beast that year. His focus was razor sharp. Players usually peak at about 24 in tennis. It was true for Federer (2006), Djokovic(2011) and Nadal (2010).

I meant best of 5 sets. Yes, Fed in 4 that day. 2011 was Nole's stand out year, but 2015 is every bit as good. He is playing every bit as good. Not sure if it's better than 2011, but it's certainly comparable, and I don't believe it's clear either way-year.

3-0 in matches lasting 5 hours ?

I'm not with you.....3/0 in matches that went 5 sets. Not sure they ever played a 5 hour match.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Sweetpotato Burrito

I meant best of 5 sets. Yes, Fed in 4 that day. 2011 was Nole's stand out year, but 2015 is every bit as good. He is playing every bit as good. Not sure if it's better than 2011, but it's certainly comparable, and I don't believe it's clear either way-year.

2015 would be his second best year but when I look at him in 2011 I think he was just that bit sharper and more relentless, he was a machine. In 2011 the competition was better than it is now. Nadal was close to his peak in 2011, now his toughest competition is a 34 year old faded Federer.

Advertisement