Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to cancel contract due to lack of service

• 26-08-2015 11:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,442 ✭✭✭✭

I've been a vodafone customer for about 10 years, always with good signal where I live. For many years I also had mobile broadband from Vodafone and it was satisfactory. About 2 years ago I had to get rid of that because it became useless. Now for the last 6 weeks or so, call signal is pretty much gone too.
    I called vodafone and got a guy in some far away country that really couldn't do anything for me.
    It's it possible to get out of my contact on the bases of service not being provided. How would I go about doing this.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

You'd have to prove the issue exists first. You would need to rule out an issue with the software on the handset first, through a factory reset. If the issue persists, you would likely need to confirm it was happening on another phone. Once you've proven that, they would likely see if there had been reports of similar issues in the area. If there is a confirmed issue, you would have to send back the phone (assuming you got one as part of a contract) after they authorise the return.

I did something similar with 3 a couple of years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Its a process, you follow the companies troubleshooting procedures (only once don't let them waste your time) then you issue a formal complaint (look on the companies website for that procedure). Next if no favourable result you pass the complaint to comreg (more of a formality but sometimes they an help) and finally with a case history you go to the Small Claims Court. All in all about a 3 or more month process but you can claim all the money paid during the contract while the company weren't supplying a service in the SCC claim which can mount up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,442 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Thanks

My situation is not quite the average though as there is not another house within a half mile of us. We are located just within the coverage of a mast in the nearby town and tbh the coverage has been faultless for years until now.
    Surely vodafone have the facility to know how a phone is performing and what the signal is at the phones location.
    I will possibly have to buy out the contract if they are going to drag this out as I'm losing business day by day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,442 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

mickdw wrote: »
    Thanks

My situation is not quite the average though as there is not another house within a half mile of us. We are located just within the coverage of a mast in the nearby town and tbh the coverage has been faultless for years until now.
    Surely vodafone have the facility to know how a phone is performing and what the signal is at the phones location.
    I will possibly have to buy out the contract if they are going to drag this out as I'm losing business day by day.

I notice I have 4G signal occasionally this evening that I never had in this area so perhaps all is not lost yet. Maybe just heavy upgrade works ongoing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Quadrature

Keep reporting the faults on the Vodafone forum also download the Net Perform app and keep sending in speed tests showing how bad the signals are in your area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement