Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland v Australia

• 26-08-2015 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Anyone heading up to this? Hopefully the weather behaves!

Hopefully a return to the longer one day format will work well for the boys after the disappointing t20 qualifiers. Looks like the "usual" 11, (Ports, Stirling, Joyce, Niall, Wilson, Balbirnie, Kevin, Johnboy, Dockrell, Murtagh, Young- anyone think it will be different to this?) Murtagh is back from injury after missing the England game in May. Be great to finally get a home win over a top team. Can't say I'm very optimistic tho :/

It's a strong Australia side, probably name something like: Warner, Watson, Smith, Burns, Maxwell, Bailey, Wade, Mitch Marsh, Starc, Cummins, Coulter-Nile/Agar

COYBIG!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

Cant wait, live on setanta as well.

I read an article on the telegraph that said Mooney will captain the side??? Is that true??

Anyway, google tells me the weather is a bif iffy but assuming they are accurate a full game should be gotten

BBC "A breezy day with scattered showers, and perhaps some rain at first along the north coast. Showers will turn more frequent by later afternoon."

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭deise300

Yeah, great news that its live on setanta. Looks on and off showers but hopefully clear enough to have the full amount of overs. First I've heard of Mooney captaining, has he captained Ireland much in the past? Would have thought Kevin to be second in command

Australia's line up named

Joe Burns, David Warner, Steve Smith (capt), George Bailey, Glenn Maxwell, Shane Watson, Mitch Marsh, Matthew Wade, Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Nathan Coulter-Nile.

Alright now I'm scared haha, Starc on a typical Irish wicket could be unplayable, plus side is we all know how much the Aussies struggle vs lateral movement

Kevin ruled out with a hamstring injury. Sorenson called up.

I hate Irish weather

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Have a look at the rainfall radar link below and imagine if the game had been scheduled for the scientifically driest part of the country instead

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

Dockrell,Sorenson and Kevin O brien miss out. Surprise Dockers is left out although I'm certainly not against it (think dockers is struggling these days and mcbrine deserves his shot) Niall keeping too, Bracewell starting to leave his mark on the team?

To be fair Cricket Ireland cant just have every game in Dublin, they've got to give Belfast and the Northern fans a fixture too. IIRC in May when England visited Dublin was drenched and Stormont dry as a bone. Just bad luck I guess.

To be fair Cricket Ireland cant just have every game in Dublin, they've got to give Belfast and the Northern fans a fixture too. IIRC in May when England visited Dublin was drenched and Stormont dry as a bone. Just bad luck I guess.
    Yeah the individual events are bad luck but statistically Dublin is slightly drier than Belfast around these months and when you only get a handful of games a year it would be best to stack all the odds in your favour.. but you're right it wouldn't be fair to Northern fans

Well at least it's game on now

Aussies off to a brisk start, 27-0 after 4

• Advertisement

Damn, 17 off the over

This is getting scary, Warner and a debutant on fire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

This is pretty grim viewing so far. Need a wicket or two very soon

Aussies keep this up we could be chasing 370 plus

Listening to the commentators talking about Mooney's style of bowling being only good in home conditions, but havent all of our big wins come far away from home?

Listening to the commentators talking about Mooney's style of bowling being only good in home conditions, but havent all of our big wins come far away from home?

Honestly I agree totally with the commies though, if we want pace bowlers we need to make better pitches and not the kind of tracks where 230 is a good score and medium pace thrives, because if we dont we'll struggle big time like in the WC and today on good tracks.

You are correct most of our wins have come away from home, but in 2007 both pitches vs Pak and Ban were greentops perfect for us, Bangalore 2011 was a flat deck where we bowled well at the death after England were like 260-2 at one point IIRC, Nelson was won mostly due to a great batting effort after conceding a large score.

I wouldnt say Mooney's only good at home though, every side has a medium pacer with a container/wicket taking role e.g Wiese for SA, Watson for Aus. Problem is all our bowlers fall into that category whereas the top sides have some pace to back it up

We're beginning to put the squeeze on, RR's gone from 8.5 to 6.8

Burns gone! Nice ball all the same.

Oh ffs!

Just effing typical

• Advertisement

Well done Craig, he's been much much better in this second spell,deserved wicket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Maybe it's the way the cameras are angled but it looks and sounds as if there's a small crowd there. Anyone know what the capacity is?

Could be some rain on the way in the next hour maybe 2 hours

This has been a very good recovery IMO.

From 80-0 after 10 to 165-2 after 29. Another wicket or two will make things very interesting

Murtagh is looking really really dangerous

Maxwell gone!

Bet any money the rain will come right as we think of getting on top of the game

Holy **** some turnaround here

We're back in action. Need to keep it tight but looking ok at the moment

• Advertisement

We have a serious chance here. If the goes to dl it should be in our favour.

Advertisement