Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT398 no contact from the college?

Options
  • 26-08-2015 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I hope this is the right place to ask but has anyone doing DT 398 this year received any contact from DIT? I got an admissions email saying everything would be coming in the post very soon but so far I have received absolutely nothing and Im just worried incase its gone missing in the post because I live in the middle of no where :P Has anyone received anything at all yet?

Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

Are you a newbie....if so stuff is getting issued today as per the website

see this link http://www.dit.ie/studentservices/newsitems/title,114733,en.html and FB and twitter

Ring Student Services if you are worried...make sure to have your student number

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

I was worried about this too, but it eventually turned up. They sent me a letter with my name and house number and county, but left out the actual city it should have been sent to..! So it flew around the country a bit and arrived a week after I should have got it!

So maybe they made a balls of putting the address on your registration pack too, would be no harm giving them a bell if you haven't got it yet though! Especially with two weeks to go!

I love this ....if you applied to the CAO then you provided the CAO with your own address.

Colleges simply upload this info directly from the CAO. They cant check all addresses to check they are written correctly.

If you have accepted your offer your place is yours...nothing to worry about. Once you get your letter for registration change your address online. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

I love this ....if you applied to the CAO then you provided the CAO with your own address.

Colleges simply upload this info directly from the CAO. They cant check all addresses to check they are written correctly.

If you have accepted your offer your place is yours...nothing to worry about. Once you get your letter for registration change your address online. :)

Just to clarify...I didn't apply through CAO, I'm starting my postgrad in DIT through Springboard and at the time of registration I put my full address on Springboard. I double checked it myself.

So the error was on the changeover between DIT and Springboard!

well then simply change it online yourself when you register. ......anyone can make a balls up of an address when processing hundreds of applications. Applications pass through various stages between Springboard and Colleges before they arriving at someones desk to be processed.

The majority of students can change their address at any time online ...along with with some other info is missing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Freddio

well then simply change it online yourself when you register. ......anyone can make a balls up of an address when processing hundreds of applications. Applications pass through various stages between Springboard and Colleges before they arriving at someones desk to be processed.

The majority of students can change their address at any time online ...along with with some other info is missing
    I'd ring them. The boss is doing spring board and they f@@ked it up because the website was flaky. She got it sorted and is in year 2 now.

grand stuff...ring or email and best of luck

Advertisement