Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AUTUMN WEATHER 2015 - GENERAL CHAT THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Latest EC progs some 70kt gusts into North-west coast.... 60kt into Galway Bay

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

"Abigail" taking a more northerly track on the 06Z GFS. Core of strongest winds well away from the Irish coast. Even northwestern Scotland is mostly in the clear on this run. Met Office may have jumped the gun on naming this low, or maybe the 06Z GFS is dodgy.

gfs-0-36_sos7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Raining again in the NE this morning, going by the last 7-10 days we are really paying for the dry summer we got here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Stats here for the 10th November:

Max: 17.3C
    Min: 14.3C
    Rain: none
    Wind: Fairly windy from the SW
    Sun: Lots, mainly sunny during daylight hours

A very pleasant day...

I had the exact same weather here ^ on 13 November 2011 - do you remember that mild day?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I had the exact same weather here ^ on 13 November 2011 - do you remember that mild day?

No! I'd have to root out the records...but I do know I've never had a November low as high as 14.3C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

No! I'd have to root out the records...but I do know I've never had a November low as high as 14.3C

Tbf, I wasn't paying attention the minimum but my minimum on that day was 12.9c. I was talking about the sunshine, no rainfall and very warm.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Tbf, I wasn't paying attention the minimum but my minimum on that day was 12.9c. I was talking about the sunshine, no rainfall and very warm.

Just checked...my minimum was 12.5C just after midnight in the early minutes of the 13th!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

was away for past 2 days in Dublin, the warmth around midnight on monday night was very unnatural but felt great! A warm wind which felt warmer than most of the summer!

Back here in Dunshaughlin and surprised to see lots of water logged fields and surface water on the roads after a relatively dry Dublin city in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

"It will turn much colder on Thursday night with temperatures down to between 2 and 4 degrees despite the ongoing strong southwest winds, which will be gale force along western coasts, and possibly strong gale force to storm force along the northwest coast. There'll be showers overnight too all along the west coast, some blowing further inland at times. They could be heavy in the northwest, falling as hail or wintry at times on the hills and mountains in Donegal."

From Met Éireann, possible blizzard conditions on Donegal mountains?
    Hope we get some hail here in clare, always makes it feel wintry!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »
    was away for past 2 days in Dublin, the warmth around midnight on monday night was very unnatural but felt great! A warm wind which felt warmer than most of the summer!

Back here in Dunshaughlin and surprised to see lots of water logged fields and surface water on the roads after a relatively dry Dublin city in comparison.

Im north of you towards Wilkinstown area and it rained for most of yesterday afternoon through to this morning, truely miserable, a lot fields around with water lying already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Carnacalla wrote: »
    "It will turn much colder on Thursday night with temperatures down to between 2 and 4 degrees despite the ongoing strong southwest winds, which will be gale force along western coasts, and possibly strong gale force to storm force along the northwest coast. There'll be showers overnight too all along the west coast, some blowing further inland at times. They could be heavy in the northwest, falling as hail or wintry at times on the hills and mountains in Donegal."

From Met Éireann, possible blizzard conditions on Donegal mountains?
    Hope we get some hail here in clare, always makes it feel wintry!

Someone call the Daily Mail quick....Ireland to be hit by blizzards...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Oneiric 3 wrote: »

This joke is above my level of sophistication :o

(aka...wtf! :) )

18Z HIRLAM is showing snow showers in the north Friday morning.

Some brief snow Friday morning, probably just on high ground. Mainly up north but a few cm possible on the Wicklow mountains too.

nmm_uk1-26-36-4_sch2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Some brief snow Friday morning, probably just on high ground. Mainly up north but a few cm possible on the Wicklow mountains too.

nmm_uk1-26-36-4_sch2.png

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Hmmm id say sleet above 400m at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

The cold that was showing on charts days ago is now reappearing on the latest charts from around the 20th onwards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Just having a shower that went from rain to sleet to hail to snow, its snowing quite hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Just having a shower that went from rain to sleet to hail to snow, its snowing quite hard.

A picture would be nice if possible :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Crappy pics sorry, it went down to 0.5C during that shower back up to a balmy 1.1C now. It has melted all but the bit left on the roof.

I think I had the first snow report last year too :) (EDIT I think I was on 7-12-14 http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93342526&postcount=1047 )

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Coldest morning so far in my humble here in Castleknock

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

Galtees have a covering down about halfway

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

gerrybhoy wrote: »
    Coldest morning so far in my humble here in Castleknock

Was leaving Blessington at 7.20 and sleet was falling, Reading comments on the journal people saying of snow there aswel. Defiantly that chill in the air.

Back to mild weather again tomorrow though. This is just a brief cool down as a result of the passage of that low yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭arctictree

Snow on the Wicklow mountains around here...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

368429.jpg

and-so-it-begins1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Galtees have a covering down about halfway

Blackbird, if you can get pics, would appreciate it. The Galtees were magic last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

368432.jpg

368433.jpg

368434.jpg

==================

368435.jpg

:D

Advertisement