Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lit fees

• 26-08-2015 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Does anyone know if registration fees have to be paid upfront ? My daughter has applied for grant but is still waiting for final assessment . With registration due to be done in the coming days I'm worried that I'll have to come up with €3000 ! Will the college wait til a decision is made or will I have to pay it ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Tell the college you are waiting on SUSI. You won't be the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Paulald72

spurious wrote: »
    Tell the college you are waiting on SUSI. You won't be the only one.

Thanks .. Just don't want to get a shock when I get there !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's the same every year. People waiting to hear. It will all work out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭chocolate boy123

I too am waiting "final assessment"

I too am waiting "final assessment"

It seems to take forever ! I don't mind waiting though as long as they will wait for fees !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blackphoenix626

Dont worry as long as they know your waiting for the final assesment they will let her attend. There is a pay later checkbox on registration.

Dont worry as long as they know your waiting for the final assesment they will let her attend. There is a pay later checkbox on registration.

Thanks for that .. I'm sure it'll all work out ! I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭chocolate boy123

Lit emailed me for registration and it says click pay later If you are waiting for your grant!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blackphoenix626

Lit emailed me for registration and it says click pay later If you are waiting for your grant!

Yup I can confirm this also, got it this morning.

Academic Year 2015 2016

Term Balance:
    €3000.00

The term balance shown above is the current amount owing on your account.

The fee amount displayed on the online registration system is a provisional fee which we have calculated for you and can be subject to change. This fee can change dependent on the information provided by you during your registration.

Payment Options:

Pay Now: Select this option to pay the FULL amount in one transaction. The total amount will be deducted from your debit/credit card.
    Note: some debit/laser cards may have a limit of €1,500 per transaction if your fees exceed this amount, check with your bank before you register.

Pay Later: The Pay Later option allows you to pay your fees in two instalments. 50% must be paid on Registration and the remaining 50% must be paid by the 16th January 2016. Students can pay any amount they wish online in numerous transactions throughout the year from mid July 2015 but should note that all at least 50% of the fee due must be paid before the start of class to register and all fees are due in full by 16th January 2015. (if a two part payment is not suitable please contact the Grants & Fees office on 061 293366 or E-Mail studentfees@lit.ie

If you have a letter from a grant authority exempting you from paying fees OR you are enrolling on a programme sponsored by Failte Ireland please choose the Pay Later button.

All students enrolling on Trades/Apprentice programmes MUST pay the full amount due before classes commence.

Class Materials Fees

All students enrolling on programmes in the School of Art & Design and in the Department of Science are required to pay Class Materials fees. This fee has been included in total amount due and is required to be paid by all students including those with a grant approval.

Caution

Those who make part-payments will not be fully registered until payment is received IN FULL

Please be aware that the majority of failed payment transactions on this site are due to daily maximum limits set on debit/credit cards. Ensure to verify with your bank that the amount you are paying is within the daily limits set on your card prior to attempting payment.

Advertisement