Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing current account

Options
  • 26-08-2015 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭

I wish to close my current account and had a look at your website which states that I must call my branch to redirect funds. Is this all that is necessary and are there are fees due on closure?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

I wish to close my current account and had a look at your website which states that I must call my branch to redirect funds. Is this all that is necessary and are there are fees due on closure?
    Hi RentDayBlues,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

You can close your account by calling into your local Bank of Ireland branch - you will need valid Photo Identification (such as Passport or Driving License) and your account details with you when submitting this request.

Alternatively, a signed written instruction to your branch will be accepted to close your account. Please be sure to include your account details and a contact number on this instruction. If you have a balance left in your account, please also advise what you would like us to do with the funds.

We do not apply a charge for closing your account, however any fees that are due to be paid on your account would be deducted from the balance before the account is closed.

Contact details for your branch can be found here.

We hope this helps and if there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know. 

Thanks,

Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Thanks Sharon

I would suggest that the information on the website be corrected as it reads "call your branch" not "call to your branch"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Thanks Sharon

I would suggest that the information on the website be corrected as it reads "call your branch" not "call to your branch"
    Hi RentDayBlues,

Thank you for your feedback, we will be sure to pass this on our web team. 

Thanks,
    Tara C

Advertisement