Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Didn't get my course,what next

• 26-08-2015 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

So I was 5-10 points off my first choice which I didn't receive,Im not going to get it in round 2 as there is no round 2 for my course..

Does anybody have any suggestions for a good Plc around dublin that would give me a wide range of options when I finish It?

Im still not really sure exactly what I want to do,What career or what college to go too..

Interested in sport,but not really sure theres jobs in that industry,and I don't really like science so not really sure about sports science.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You would honestly have more options repeating as not all courses offer FETAC entry (and those that do only offer a few places to that path) and increased points should be manageable on a repeat.

Maybe make an appointment with your old school's Guidance person to explore your options?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kcera

spurious wrote: »
    You would honestly have more options repeating as not all courses offer FETAC entry (and those that do only offer a few places to that path) and increased points should be manageable on a repeat.

Maybe make an appointment with your old school's Guidance person to explore your options?

Thought about repeating,But really can't see myself doing It,Im guess Im not really motivated about school anymore,I guess its just my mindset..

Old school didn't even have a guidance counsellor:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Is there any teacher in your old school could advise you?

You could start a PLC course, do very well in it, but then discover it only allows access to a small number of further courses.

Is there a ETB/VEC school near you that could put you in tuch with their Adult Ed. Officer(s)? They are specifically employed to help people find alternative ways through education.

The EU has a funded volunteer programme that would pay you a small allowance while you volunteered abroad and found yourself (and maybe a new tack on where you would like to go) for a year. It would certainly not be a wasted year.

Advertisement