Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Premier Banking Cold Calling from Mobile Phones

Options
  • 26-08-2015 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi,
    I just received a call on my mobile phone from another mobile number.
    It was someone who claimed to be from my BOI branch, a Premier Banking rep.
    He was asking me if I had any "financial needs for the next 6 months".

Can you confirm whether or not it is common practice for BOI reps to telephone customers like this?
    If it is I am pretty much surprised that a customer would be expected to talk about their financial needs with some stranger ringing up on a mobile phone!

Nicnac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

nicnac wrote: »
    Hi,
    I just received a call on my mobile phone from another mobile number.
    It was someone who claimed to be from my BOI branch, a Premier Banking rep.
    He was asking me if I had any "financial needs for the next 6 months".

Can you confirm whether or not it is common practice for BOI reps to telephone customers like this?
    If it is I am pretty much surprised that a customer would be expected to talk about their financial needs with some stranger ringing up on a mobile phone!

Nicnac
    Hi Nicnac,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

All Premier advisers would have a mobile phone for work purposes, however it is also possible that the call you received was not from a Bank of Ireland official.

Can we ask you to private mail us the phone number you received the call from and we will be happy to check this for you?

Thanks,
    Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭nicnac

Hi Nicnac,

All Premier advisers would have a mobile phone for work purposes, however it is also possible that the call you received was not from a Bank of Ireland official.

Can we ask you to private mail us the phone number you received the call from and we will be happy to check this for you?

Thanks,
    Tara C
    Sure, Thanks

Hi Nicnac,

Thanks,
    Tara C
    Hi Tara,
    Boards.ie says I am not allowed to pm you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi Nicnac,

Thanks,
    Tara C
    Hi Tara,
    Boards.ie days I am not allowed to pm you.
    Hi nicnac, 

I have sent you a PM if you reply via private message with your details. 

Thanks, 
    Tara C

Hi Nicnac,

Thanks,
    Tara C
    Hi Tara,
    Boards.ie days I am not allowed to pm you.
    Hi nicnac, 

I have sent you a PM if you reply via private message with your details. 

Thanks, 
    Tara C
    Sound, I got that and have replied with the number. Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Thank you nicnac, 

We're received your PM and replied to you directly. 

Elaine 

Advertisement