Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 - WiFi Not Visable

Options
  • 26-08-2015 5:29pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I can't connect to my wifi router.
    In fact the laptop doesn't pick up any wifi signals. Working perfect yesterday and everything else in the house still connected to my UPC router.

Dell Inspiron 1545 originally in Windows 7 and upgraded to 10 recently.

Anyone any idea in lay mans terms what to do?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Simple things first. There's not a switch on the case for wifi is there? Failing that what does it say for Windows wireless connection when you look at your network adapters (not sure how to do this on Windows 10, on 7 you can right click on the wifi bars, click network and sharing centre, and click change adapter settings).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

TheChizler wrote: »
    Simple things first. There's not a switch on the case for wifi is there? Failing that what does it say for Windows wireless connection when you look at your network adapters (not sure how to do this on Windows 10, on 7 you can right click on the wifi bars, click network and sharing centre, and click change adapter settings).

No switch :)

When I hover over the wifi bars it says "not connected. No connections are available".

In my network connections, under the wifi tab it says not connected.

When I go into my network and Internet tab, my wifi is turned off but I cannot turn it on. It flicks to on and straight back to off. A reboot did not fix the issue.

Think I fixed it. Internet is back!

Chizler you prompted me to check the function keys to turn wireless on and off and that turned it back on!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

You could try reinstalling the WIFI/WLAN drivers from here (under network) and see does that fix it.

Edit: Good to hear! Hopefully it stays fixed!

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

fn + f2 toggles the wifi on/off !

• Advertisement

bmm wrote: »
    fn + f2 toggles the wifi on/off !

That's what I couldn't get my head around also, but I don't need to press function on the laptop, it's a dedicated key which I've only coped on was there now!

Advertisement