Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iced Gems

Options
  • 26-08-2015 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Had a hankering for a bag of these pure sugar at the weekend, but couldn't find them in either of the Tescos I tried, and later, in Dunnes. The gaw is gone now, but I'm interested in why they've disappeared (in my very limited experience) - were they finally considered a health hazard?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm sure I saw some lately - in Dealz or a two euro shop, and I was going to but some but I thought about all the sugar :(
    My grandmother used to buy them for me when I was little so I get a hankering for them now and then too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Blast from the past, didn't think these were still around. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Jacobs make them, although you don't often see them here and they're not the same as the old ones. They also make choc gems which aren't very nice.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jacobs-Iced-Gems-25G-x/dp/B00BHFB4U2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I love the chocolate ones! I used to bite the chocolate off, swill some tea in my mouth, let the choc melt and do away with the biscuit bit:D

Advertisement