Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postage Address Error

Options
  • 26-08-2015 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey,

My friend who lives in England sent me a parcel this week. She made a mistake by leaving out a line on my address (the village i live in!). I am just wondering does anyone know if i will somehow still get the parcel or if there is a way i can track it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

23flim wrote: »
    Hey,

My friend who lives in England sent me a parcel this week. She made a mistake by leaving out a line on my address (the village i live in!). I am just wondering does anyone know if i will somehow still get the parcel or if there is a way i can track it?

Thanks

Depends on how unique the rest of your address is, and your name.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

If they sent it using Royal Mail's International Economy or International Standard service there there is no tracking but An Post are good at getting poorly addressed mail to the right person so there is hope.
    http://www.royalmail.com/international-delivery/international

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

In general, An Post are superb at delivering mail, even with incomplete addresses. Local post offices and post men have an amazing amount of knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You could try ringing the post office or sorting depot at the last address that was written.

Like if it was

23 film
    missing line
    co dublin
    Ireland

then it should at least get to some co dublin sorting office. If you have a road number I expect it should be ok.
    dudara wrote: »
    In general, An Post are superb at delivering mail,
    here were some funny ones
    http://www.broadsheet.ie/2015/06/04/will-an-post-deliver-this/

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/banter/trending/irish-postman-successfully-delivers-letter-addressed-to-that-boy-with-the-glasses-31386405.html

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Partially addressed letters and packages often get bounced around between multiple sorting offices based on the possible destinations. Examples would be Dungarvan (Waterford and Kilkenny) or Fethard (Tipperary and Wexford). So it may take a few weeks but as others have said, I'd say they will eventually deliver it, provided your local postman recognises your name and realises that it's for you.

You said that she left out the village, that's probably the worst thing to leave out, especially if you live in a big but mainly rural county like Mayo or Kerry which has hundreds of townlands and villages. I hope you have a reasonably uncommon name because if your name is Mary McCarthy or similar then you could be in trouble!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 23flim

Thanks :) I'm defiantly the only person in Ireland with my name its very unique lol so hopefully it gets to delivered to me at some stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 23flim

Thank you hopefully it gets to me by my name and road :) and thanks for the laugh some of those posts are hilarious lol :)

Advertisement