Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree ID

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I think the third one is a quince, the fruit looks right tho the leaves look a bit small. I think that's what it is though. The second one is a beech and I don't know what the first one is, it doesn't look very happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭rje66

looksee wrote: »
    I think the third one is a quince, the fruit looks right tho the leaves look a bit small. I think that's what it is though. The second one is a beech and I don't know what the first one is, it doesn't look very happy :)

Agree with you on two and three.
    First one......yeah very sad, I've noticed a lot of fruit trees this year look like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

looksee wrote: »

thanks, have a hedge row of copper beach also and didn't make the connection leaf wise as their location didn't make sense to me with the fruit trees.

looked up quince - again makes sense as it looks similar to some on google and they have some berry bushes beside it.

the tree that doesn't look great, leaves are starting to die back, it did look much better earlier in the summer but yep they all need looking after. I'm just not familiar with what to do yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

No. 1 is a true quince tree ( cydonia oblonga) No. 2 I agree with above is a beech and No.3 is the flowering quince (chaenomeles) an untidy mess unless trained up or over something, nice flowers.

Advertisement