Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does an ESTA appication take?

Options
  • 26-08-2015 10:11pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering, how long it takes for the ESTA approval to come through?

I haven't applied yet, how long in advance do I need to do it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Often instant, if not then give it a few minutes, if you get a 'No' for whatever reason then you need to apply for a visa which could take a while.

So to sum up, do it yesterday haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

It's automated and comes back near enough instantly as long as there are no issues. It can flag you for whatever reason and take a few days to get approved while they manually review though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Ah, thanks. I did it years ago and they said allow 2 weeks, seems the process has streamlined since then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

Just remember to use the legitimate ESTA portal. There are a lot of fronts that will charge you an arm and a leg for doing the same thing you can
    for $14

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Can take up to 72 hours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement